Windows 10: (KB4034674) issue

Discus and support (KB4034674) issue in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After CU (KB4034674), When I minimize Explorer window, it is very narrow and flashes. This is the first problem that I have had with updates. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Clint, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Clint Win User

(KB4034674) issue

After CU (KB4034674), When I minimize Explorer window, it is very narrow and flashes. This is the first problem that I have had with updates.

(KB4034674) issue [​IMG]

:)

Clint, Aug 12, 2017
  2. Riel Alc Win User

KB4034674 install: black screen, only mouse cursor visible, slows system to a crawl

Hi Alissa,

One of the possible reasons why your computer is having a performance issue, if the installed update is corrupted. In the meantime, we suggest downloading KB4034674 from
    Microsoft Update Catalog.

For more information about KB4034674, please check this article.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Aug 12, 2017
  3. Update KB4034674 continually fails to automatically & manually install in Windows 10.

You may try downloading and installing Update KB4034674 from the
    Microsoft Update Catalog and check if the issue still persists.

Update us with the outcome.

Jenicel Dri, Aug 12, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

(KB4034674) issue

If you can't click the middle icon in the upper right corner to make a change such as Maximize or Restore you might try moving the cursor to either the left or right border and drag to increase the size. Or right-click the underlined Folder icon in the Taskbar to see what choices are there.

Berton, Aug 12, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    The minimize button on Explorer in your screenshot appears to display the same drive icon as your currently selected drive. That's not a standard feature, do you have a third-party add-on that's doing this? If so it may be that that's not compatible with the latest update.

6. Clint Win User
    I tried all that. None of that worked.

Clint, Aug 12, 2017
  7. Clint Win User
    It didn't do this until the update. I don't have a third party add-on.

Clint, Aug 12, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

(KB4034674) issue

There isn't a KB4034647. Did you accidentally swap the last two digits in the title? Did you mean KB4034674 ? If so, I have that installed with none of the effects you see. You could try uninstalling it then reinstalling it.

9. roy111 Win User
    I think you have somehow tweaked windows 10 UI to resemble/use a windows 8.1 theme/style button;
    windows borders does not look like that (thick border) in my install. That could be the problem.

roy111, Aug 12, 2017
  10. Clint Win User
    You are right. I did swap the last 2 digits by mistake. Sorry about that. I tried to change the title, but I can't.

Clint, Aug 12, 2017
  11. Clint Win User
    I haven't tweaked anything. That's the way it's been since I installed Win 10. That is my Desktop.

Clint, Aug 12, 2017
  12. essenbe Win User
    @Clint is it right now?

essenbe, Aug 12, 2017
  13. Clint Win User

(KB4034674) issue

Yes the title is right now. Thanks

Clint, Aug 12, 2017
  14. Bree New Member
    How did you install Win 10? Was it an upgrade from Dell's OEM W7/8? A clean install of Dell OEM Win 10? Or a clean install of a plain-vanilla Microsoft ISO? If an upgrade of any sort there could be an OEM Theme at play here.

15. Clint Win User
    A clean install of a plain-vanilla Microsoft 8.1 pro ISO. Then upgrade of Win 10 pro.

Clint, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

(KB4034674) issue

1. (KB4034674) issue - Similar Threads - KB4034674 issue

2. microsoft store issue can't download anything

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store issue can't download anything: Hello there,About a month, microsoft store has an issue.When i try download or update any app or game, it doesn't download anything and gets stuck.I tryed troubleshoot and this is what i get:https://imgur.com/a/P6J1xlg Does this mean i need UAC on?I have it disabled for...
  3. microsoft store issue can't download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store issue can't download anything: Hello there,About a month, microsoft store has an issue.When i try download or update any app or game, it doesn't download anything and gets stuck.I tryed troubleshoot and this is what i get:https://imgur.com/a/P6J1xlg Does this mean i need UAC on?I have it disabled for...
  4. microsoft store issue can't download anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts: I've encountered a persistent problem with my laptop's keyboard, where it seems to type on its own accord, generating random characters and inputs without any manual intervention. Here's a rundown of what I've tried so far:- Initially, I attempted disconnecting the internal...
  6. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts: I've encountered a persistent problem with my laptop's keyboard, where it seems to type on its own accord, generating random characters and inputs without any manual intervention. Here's a rundown of what I've tried so far:- Initially, I attempted disconnecting the internal...
  7. Laptop Keyboard Typing on Its Own: Unresolved Issue Despite Various Attempts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. KB4034674 now KB4038788 disables Steelseries/Ideazone Merc Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB4034674 now KB4038788 disables Steelseries/Ideazone Merc Keyboard: The topic was addressed here; but, apparently breezed over due to a prevalent discussion. Hello. This KB4034674 breaks the merc stealth keyboard software and driver. Has been reported worldwide by every merc stealth "active" user (yes, we are few people). The problem is...
  9. KB4034674 Reverting Loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4034674 Reverting Loop: The somewhat recent update KB4034674 refuses to fully install on my system. It gets to the point where I need to restart to complete the update, in which case windows goes to the "preparing update" screen. When it reaches 30%, windows shuts down/restarts. When I reboot,...
  10. Cumulative Update KB4034674 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.540

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4034674 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.540: Available for Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Mobile version 1703. August 8, 2017 - KB4034674 (OS Build 15063.540) Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes...
Tags: