Windows 10: KB4034674 Reverting Loop

Discus and support KB4034674 Reverting Loop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The somewhat recent update KB4034674 refuses to fully install on my system. It gets to the point where I need to restart to complete the update, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by devoi, Aug 13, 2017.

1. devoi Win User

KB4034674 Reverting Loop

The somewhat recent update KB4034674 refuses to fully install on my system. It gets to the point where I need to restart to complete the update, in which case windows goes to the "preparing update" screen. When it reaches 30%, windows shuts down/restarts. When I reboot, windows says that it could not complete the update, reverts, then restarts 3 times and finally boots, where the update still needs to be installed. I have tried clearing the update cache and installing manually, and neither worked. This is peculiar, as I had the same issue (reverting loop, shutdown at 30%) with the KB4016871 update, and the fix that worked with that seems to not work here.

This may not be relevant, but it is something strange that seems to happen: I use a program called EqualizerAPO as a system-wide equalizer, which "installs" itself to my audio DAC if I want to use it. However, every time I restart to try to update, it seems to uninstall equalizerAPO's DAC installation. The program still works, but it tells me that I have to install it to my DAC again. If anything, I'd assume it's either due to the revert, making it irrelevant, or something to do with the audio drivers, which may be relevant. I have disconnected all USB devices and uninstalled APO, which didn't seem to help with the update installation.

:)

devoi, Aug 13, 2017
  2. Riel Alc Win User

KB4034674 install: black screen, only mouse cursor visible, slows system to a crawl

Hi Alissa,

One of the possible reasons why your computer is having a performance issue, if the installed update is corrupted. In the meantime, we suggest downloading KB4034674 from
    Microsoft Update Catalog.

For more information about KB4034674, please check this article.

Feel free to post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Aug 13, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Updates Stuck on 1607 Build.

Windows system will not take updates past 1607, it was update looping, and we have deleted to old update files. This stopped the updating loop, but now it will not do the standalone updater. Then you run the update assistant it runs the process and then
    reverts just like it would when it was looping.

William-nnerd.com, Aug 13, 2017
  4. KB4034674 Reverting Loop

Hi devoi

I think if you are having this mysterious / repeating issue I would try in the in place repair / upgrade process.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

I would back up my data off machine and I would even create an Image using Macrium Reflect. The process is to supposed to impact data but today we have someone posting that as part of an update that are stuck.

Have you run sfc /scannow just to see if it is happy?

As to your sound I would check with manufacture that it is compatible and supported in Win 10. As these OS evolve some things stop working and that may be a show stopper for you. I used the word supported as lots of things will run which is not an indication that they are supported.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 14, 2017
Thema:

KB4034674 Reverting Loop

1. KB4034674 Reverting Loop - Similar Threads - KB4034674 Reverting Loop

2. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  3. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build: Since I had a problem with a update huge preformance loss, I tried using the option to revert back to a previous build.It started the process, but soon after, it was stuck in a boot loop, that looks like the following:- Dell Logo shows up no dots - Spinning dots with Dell...
  4. Windows stuck in boot loop after trying to revert to previous build

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Reverting back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reverting back: How to revert back to windows v1803 because all drivers available right now for my PC support this version only ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reverting-back/543db8ae-4681-4d14-b99f-6326cdf6e10b
  6. (KB4034674) issue

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    (KB4034674) issue: After CU (KB4034674), When I minimize Explorer window, it is very narrow and flashes. This is the first problem that I have had with updates. [img] 91205
  7. KB4034674 now KB4038788 disables Steelseries/Ideazone Merc Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KB4034674 now KB4038788 disables Steelseries/Ideazone Merc Keyboard: The topic was addressed here; but, apparently breezed over due to a prevalent discussion. Hello. This KB4034674 breaks the merc stealth keyboard software and driver. Has been reported worldwide by every merc stealth "active" user (yes, we are few people). The problem is...
  8. KB4016871 reverting loop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4016871 reverting loop: Since the cumulative security update in may was released, I haven't been able to install it. When I shut down or restart my computer, the update message appears on the shutdown screen that it's working on updates. This goes to 30%, then immediately shuts off or restarts. Upon...
  9. I can't revert back to Windows 7 due to an infinite boot loop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't revert back to Windows 7 due to an infinite boot loop.: I've had this problem for a while and I've recently with help of someone else, been able to get to the login screen and acutally log in by booting through a USB. But then when I try to revert, it restarts and when it reboots. It get's locked in a screen that has a blue...
  10. Cumulative Update KB4034674 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.540

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4034674 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.540: Available for Windows 10 PC and Windows 10 Mobile version 1703. August 8, 2017 - KB4034674 (OS Build 15063.540) Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Merc KB4034674