Windows 10: KB4343897 Update Corrupted Windows Subsystem For Linux

Discus and support KB4343897 Update Corrupted Windows Subsystem For Linux in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have been using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) for months, including yesterday, and today the only change I made to my Win 10 laptop was to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pjc123, Aug 15, 2018.

1. pjc123 Win User

KB4343897 Update Corrupted Windows Subsystem For Linux

I have been using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) for months, including yesterday, and today the only change I made to my Win 10 laptop was to install KB4343897. I was making sure the update was not causing problems (what else is new) and sure enough it looks like it corrupted WSL.

See here:

KB4343897 Update Corrupted Windows Subsystem For Linux [​IMG]

Removing and Reinstalling the Ubuntu App fixed the problem. I only use WSL occasionally for some of the text manipulation, diff tools, etc. as I have full Linux Mint and Centos distros installed on my Thinkpad's second hard drive, never the less this was annoying.

:)

pjc123, Aug 15, 2018

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux not available on build 14316

Review instructions:

How
    to: Enable the Windows Subsystem for Linux

Andre Da Costa, Aug 15, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Windows Subsystem for Linux not available on build 14316

Hi,

I have reproduced your issue in multiple computer running Windows 10 with latest build 14342. Windows subsystem for Linux (Beta) is available. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check for the option.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

1. KB4343897 Update Corrupted Windows Subsystem For Linux - Similar Threads - KB4343897 Update Corrupted

2. Windows Update Subsystem for linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Subsystem for linux: Help me please, i try to check for updates and the respon always like this. How to solve this problem & thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-subsystem-for-linux/09084b31-4a94-41ff-a867-890217e5e8fb
  3. Windows Update Subsystem for linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update Subsystem for linux: Help me please, i try to check for updates and the respon always like this. How to solve this problem & thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-update-subsystem-for-linux/09084b31-4a94-41ff-a867-890217e5e8fb
  4. Windows Update Subsystem for linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  6. Windows Subsystem for Linux

Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  7. Windows subsystem linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem linux: Why my WLS going down every two month? After that, subsystem make reset and i need configure it again? and this system make reset of all config without my asking. Where is my files, may be i have something important? where my profile, how can i recover it? When it will be...
  8. Linux Subsystem

Linux Subsystem: So i have downloald Linux Terminal from Microsoft Store i have turned on the developer options but the last thing i need to do is to turn on Linux Subsystem. I tried to turn it on from PowerShell by typing the followin command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online...
  9. Linux Subsystem for Windows

Linux Subsystem for Windows: I wanted to install ubuntu on my windows but I keep getting this error. Any work around? thanks.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linux-subsystem-for-windows/813223fc-ff0a-410f-b761-efa28a1df384
  10. Update KB4343897

Update KB4343897: I would like to note that this update (KB4343897) is causing long restart and shutdown times on my Windows 10 desktops. Is anyone else seeing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-kb4343897/938711d9-8f31-43b1-ab25-f843e030f53e
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. errore 0x80073701 wsl

2. adding feature linux subsystem error code 0x80073701

3. 0x80073701 subsystem

4. 0x80073701 windows 10 linux subsystem