Windows 10: KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously.

Discus and support KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Windows 10: Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 Turned on HP (h9-1400a) desktop as normal. Sys then goes into the normal windows is updating please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by scrotehead, Aug 16, 2018.

1. KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously.

Hi,

Windows 10: Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Turned on HP (h9-1400a) desktop as normal. Sys then goes into the normal windows is updating please wait.

I wait, it reboots and the CPU fan maxes out as soon as the PC restarts.

I log in, check tasks running, CPU is at 7%, mem at 35, low disk IO (SSD btw).

Look around and nothing is happening. When I type into the run (Cortana) box, it takes a while for the text to appear.

I tried various things, rebooting, praying, shouting at it and then a shutdown, wait and restart.

Fan still max'd out.

So I uninstall KB4343909. It takes a while. On reboot fan still running high. But then, after 30 seconds, it slows back to normal. Another 10 seconds its up at 100% again. Then it drops. It has not come back up again. I've used the Microsoft tool to block that update.

From what I can see the update has a lot of items relating to these chipset flaws (mines an Intel i7-3770K, 3.5GHz 4 core, 8 logical processors).

Any reason why my PC took the update so badly that I needed to uninstall it? Will there be further updates that would fix this?

I foresee panic at work if this happens there!

Thanks,

Scot.

:)

scrotehead, Aug 16, 2018
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

Hi Pablo,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

We would suggest you to update the following items and check the cpu fan speed and performance.

Check if there is a program to control the fan speed, may be the controller program is not compatible with Windows 10. Also check for the below list and please update it:

• BIOS.
    • Chipset drivers.
    laptops and netbooks :: lenovo y series laptops :: y50 70 notebook lenovo Lenovo PC Support - us

If you don't find the drivers compatible for Windows 10. refer to the motherboard manufacturer website and check for updated chipset drivers and install it.

BIOS Disclaimer:

Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS
    settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Aug 16, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and CPU fans

I have the opposite trouble.

Before W10 and even some time after that, the CPU fan boosted to max speed when gamming or deep usage applications. Also, everytime when sutting down the PC, the CPU sterting to run max-speed a few seconds before shutting down, which i think is a cool feature
    to prevent damage because last second high temperatures and fan not working.

But now this does not happen any longer. The CPU fan works all the time, but at minimal speed, even when the temperatures go skyrocket-high, and the fan never speed-up.

I understand that CPU fan at max speed full time can be annoying, but this issue is hurting my computer, quite a bit, and I think that this will not make it last much longer.

Please, help.

SpeedFAN app can't allow me to control the FAN speed but is indicating an alarming 80º C bot CPU and GPU, and W10 does not allow to enter bios to check things like that.

hope Microsoft understands.

Pablo MiguelSaval Sendra, Aug 16, 2018
  4. KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously.

W10 CPU fan not boosting to max speed

I'm worried about my computer because when i installed W10 everything was fine and smooth. Edge is a really nice browser and start-ups as faster than ever.

But since last update (i think) the cpu fan is not boosting to max speed. It works all the time, but at very low speed.

Before this issue the cpu fan speed-up eveytime I was gamming or using deep applications, as browsing multiple windows with different browsers (which i did for work a lot of times) and other hard tasks, and also speed-up a few seconds everytime I shuted
    down the computer a few seconds before the power off. Now none of this is happening. I installed an app to chek and CPU temp is 80ºC, same as GPU

I had a laptop, an ASUS K52Jr, and I'm worried my computer will be damaged sooner or later. Also typing on the keyboard is annoying at this temperatures.

Another thing is I can't enter the bios to check this nor the W10 utilitty let me see what¡s happening with fans.

Please, help me. Thanks

Pablo MiguelSaval Sendra, Aug 16, 2018
Thema:

KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously.

1. KB4343909 - Following update CPU fan max'd out continuously. - Similar Threads - KB4343909 Following update

2. I get a black screen and the CPU continues to work, but the CPU fan keeps alternating...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get a black screen and the CPU continues to work, but the CPU fan keeps alternating...: Hello every bodyI get a black screen and the CPU continues to work, but the CPU fan keeps alternating slowing down and acceleratingCan you please help me to fix it?Computer: Description:The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for...
  3. update Win 10 KB4343909 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    update Win 10 KB4343909 issue: after update Win 10 KB4343909, my system start up very slow or even freeze, so I cannot open my skype, please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/update-win-10-kb4343909-issue/765cc62e-7640-4cf8-8358-1a9da2c12d51
  4. windows ten update KB4343909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows ten update KB4343909: when tryind to install it gets to 25 percent then says pending download KB41000347 and restarts ` https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-ten-update-kb4343909/ef8fa16a-ebde-4746-a707-33cf7bde404c
  5. Internet not working after KB4343909 update

Internet not working after KB4343909 update: Hi, I'm using the windows10 and 08/21 early morning microsoft update package kb4343909 kicked in and restarted the laptop. After that internet is not working on my laptop. wifi connection shows connected with internet but when I try browsing on IE or Chrome nothing works. I...
  6. Windows 10 problem with update kb4343909

Windows 10 problem with update kb4343909: I have a problem with the new update KB4343909 with the following remark: Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64 based systems KB4343909 is failing to download or install (over 20 times) : "Some update files are missing or have problems. We’ll try to download...
  7. Windows Update fails to install KB4343909

Windows Update fails to install KB4343909: Windows Update fails to install 2018-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based Systems. Tried already 9 times. got 0x80070781...
  8. KB4343909 Update Fails Error 0x800f0922

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4343909 Update Fails Error 0x800f0922: The KB4343909 Update fails per the Error 0x800f0922 each time it goes through the update process gets to 96% then reboots and the following Windows Message comes up: We cannot complete the update undoing changes Don't Turn off your Computer My Windows Pro Version is 1803 OS...
  9. KB4343909 it's a killer.

KB4343909 it's a killer.: The first thing it did was to kill all my desktop shortcuts. They display but don't work. Then it removed my Classic Windows desktop, so I've only got the Win 10 display. Can I live without this upgrade?...
  10. cpu fan

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cpu fan: will the cpu fan run without the o/s installed-----putting together a new system and testing individual pieces 66923
Tags: