Windows 10: KB4458469 "Restart required" message despite many restarts

Discus and support KB4458469 "Restart required" message despite many restarts in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It seems that KB4458469 was successfully installed yesterday (according to the history): 2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paznat, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Paznat Win User

KB4458469 "Restart required" message despite many restarts

It seems that KB4458469 was successfully installed yesterday (according to the history):

2018-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4458469)

Successfully installed on 07/10/2018

However, the Windows Update page continues to exclaim that a restart is required for this update, despite having restarted several times, including a full shutdown.

I am concerned that this may potentially cause issues with future updates unless resolved.

:)

Paznat, Oct 8, 2018
  2. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Automated Restart of Windows 10 PC

Hello,

If Windows suddenly restarts without warning, or restarts when you try to shut it down, it might be caused by one of several issues. An outdated driver and software conflict are some of the possible reasons. Having said that, we suggest performing
    the following steps:

Step 1: Disabling the automatic restart option to view error messages.

Many hardware driver or operating system errors will cause the computer to display a specific error message before stopping the operation or shutting down the computer. However, if the Automatically restart option
    is enabled, an error message might not be displayed despite an error taking place. Disable this option to allow the computer to display the error message.
    Follow these steps to disable the Automatically restart option:

• In Windows, search for and open View advanced system settings.

• Click Settings in the Startup and Recovery section.
    • Remove the check mark next to Automatically restart under System Failure, then click OK.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Checking for failed hardware.

Hardware problems can cause the computer to restart unexpectedly.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, Oct 8, 2018
  4. KB4458469 "Restart required" message despite many restarts

Windows 10 - restart required message since latest Creators Update.

Hi Kate,

As this error message indicates a failure in the hardware, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. To do this, kindly follow these steps:

• Press Windows and type "troubleshoot".
    • Select Troubleshooting and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and see if it will now work.

Let us know the result of the troubleshooter.

Dennis Mop, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

KB4458469 "Restart required" message despite many restarts

1. KB4458469 "Restart required" message despite many restarts - Similar Threads - KB4458469 Restart required

2. How many minutes is required in restarting system after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How many minutes is required in restarting system after update: How many minutes is required to restart windows 10 after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-minutes-is-required-in-restarting-system/1707ccaf-4b65-43b7-a90d-afe1c968e530
  3. How many minutes is required in restarting system after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How many minutes is required in restarting system after update: How many minutes is required to restart windows 10 after update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-many-minutes-is-required-in-restarting-system/1707ccaf-4b65-43b7-a90d-afe1c968e530
  4. Startup won't complete. Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Startup won't complete. Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to...: I have a Acer Aspire Z3- 710 all in one desktop computer, when it loads up I get this message in the right corner @ the bottom. Here is what the Message is: Restart required Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. NEC System Firmware. I keep...
  5. Repeated "Restart Required" Messages

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated "Restart Required" Messages: I am careful to update my PC when updates are available. Currently, my Windows 10 displays a message when booting up for the first time, "Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted to finish setting up this device. High Definition Audio Bus." Normally I use earbuds for...
  6. system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware.: system gives message that it requires restart to finish firmware. when I tried to restart it it did show flash progress 100% and stayed that way forever not reacting on any buttons until i let it go out of power and started it again. not it still asks for restart but i am...
  7. Windows Restart Required

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Restart Required: Hi I an Asus computer with Windows 10 installed and with last updates. I get always a notification when I start my computer that the pc needs to restarted. I run also Asus Live Update but nothing happen. I will be grateful for your help. [ATTACH] Best Regards...
  8. Restart Required message shows on notifications

Restart Required message shows on notifications: Hi. Soon after I hard reset my laptop I keep on getting notifications like this. Restart Required. Your PC needs to be restarted in order to finish setting up this device. Asus Support Device. I've restarted and updated the laptop so many times but it won't go away. What...
  9. RESTART MESSAGE

RESTART MESSAGE: Hi, I have recently have been getting this message "Your computer needs to be restarted to finish setting up device: RapidSolution SCSI Adapter" every time I boot up. I have used the troubleshooter but it didn't find any problems. I have also googled the issue with no...
  10. Restart Required Loop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Restart Required Loop: My system keeps telling me I need to restart my system to finish installing software for my device. I have already restarted multiple times and verified that the device drivers and software installed correctly the first time. Microsoft Answer Desk used DriverPack Solution to...
  1. GHacks
Tags: