Windows 10: KB4462919 causes my bluetooth mouse & KBD to not function

Discus and support KB4462919 causes my bluetooth mouse & KBD to not function in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an HP Omni 10 tablet with an HP Bluetooth mouse & an Acer Bluetooth KBD. Neither will work after installing KB4462919. If I uninstall this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jim163x, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Jim163x Win User

KB4462919 causes my bluetooth mouse & KBD to not function

I have an HP Omni 10 tablet with an HP Bluetooth mouse & an Acer Bluetooth KBD. Neither will work after installing KB4462919. If I uninstall this update they work again. Very frustrating, this is the 2nd thing that has been "broken" due to "updates" (the 1st was braking the image backup capabilities & I had to install a 3rd party software to do the same thing). I use to be a programmer and systems designer for mainframes and mini-computers. I can only imagine the nightmare of trying to maintain a "one size fits all" OS for a diverse hardware base. I don't expect a solution from this community. But I am hoping that Microsoft has already developed AI systems that scan these and other forums to glean information to help system engineers find the extent of the problem and therefore come up with solutions.

:)

Jim163x, Oct 19, 2018
  2. MEPacer Win User

Performed Windows 10 Reset, now WiFi Kbd & Mouse Not Working in Windows

Dell Optiplex 755 with Windows 7 + free upgrade to Windows 10 approx 18 months ago.

Initial problem: Booting up, Windows loaded but no Log On/Desktop screen. Screen blank with mouse pointer active & disk activity light on PC full on. After 15/25 minutes Log On/Desktop appears & PC performs as norm until next re-boot.

Performed Windows 10 Reset via shift/restart. Chose option to keep personal files. Warning message advised that once completed would not be able to go back to previous build.

The Reset completed & the “blank screen” problem had been resolved.

Now the WiFi mouse & kbd no longer worked in Windows.

During boot up before Windows the kbd responded to F2 & F12 & could be used to navigate the BIOS settings as normal. Once the Log On/Desktop appeared the mouse & kbd were not responsive.

After trying the mouse & kbd in various USB ports I swapped mouse & kbd, including the USB “dongles” to a HP computer with Windows 10. Both devices were auto detected, installed & functioned as required.

Installed the HP devices onto the Dell. No indication that the devices had been detected. The mouse & kbd still not functioning in Windows 10.

The Microsoft responses I’ve read say the probable cause is incompatible drivers recommending various solutions most requiring the mouse & kbd to be functional.

The original mouse & kbd worked fine before the Reset so how can it be drivers after a Reset?

The Dell mouse & kbd were successfully auto installed on the Windows 10 HP computer, again how can it be drivers?

Note: both the Dell & HP Window 10’s had all the latest updates.

Next I booted up using the Windows 7 boot disk I’d made when installing the Dell PC. Windows 7 was not install, only done to show if the mouse & kbd still failed to function.

Both the mouse & kbd worked as normal with the Windows 7 boot disk.

Next I made a Windows 10 bootable USB on the HP computer.

Both the mouse & kbd worked as normal with the Windows 10 bootable USB inserted in the problem Dell system.

Rather than “Install Now” clicked on “Repair your computer” using kbd “R”.

Navigated to “Startup Repair” – “Diagnosing your PC” then ----- couldn’t repair your PC” followed by Log file: E:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt

Navigated back & followed Reset. Message: “Resetting this PC 1%” then “Problem resetting, no changes made”

Kbd & mouse still not working in Windows

MEPacer, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Bluetooth mouse still freezes

Hi,

It's possible that compatibility issues might be causing your Bluetooth mouse to act up. To resolve this,
    follow these steps to install Bluetooth drivers in Windows 7 compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver and select Properties.
    • Select the Compatibility tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select
      Windows 7 from the drop-down list.
    • Let the driver install, and then check the functionality.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Oct 19, 2018
  4. juscrzn Win User

how do you enable the kbd and mouse?

my problem is after the reset finishes it comes to the logon screen, and the kbd and mouse are disabled and i can not finish the logon. how do you enable the kbd and mouse?

juscrzn, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

1. KB4462919 causes my bluetooth mouse & KBD to not function - Similar Threads - KB4462919 causes bluetooth

2. Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?: Hi, I've been having an on and off issue lately with CPU spikes seemingly causes by a Bluetooth mouse. The easiest way for me to cause the issue is to let the mouse sit for a minute with no input and then click or move the mouse, at which point a seemingly random service will...
  3. Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse causing CPU spike?: Hi, I've been having an on and off issue lately with CPU spikes seemingly causes by a Bluetooth mouse. The easiest way for me to cause the issue is to let the mouse sit for a minute with no input and then click or move the mouse, at which point a seemingly random service will...
  4. Update KB4462919 causes album art loss in wmp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB4462919 causes album art loss in wmp: album art has mostly disappeared after this update. An issue multiple win 10 machines. Uninstalling update, along with resetting wmp library brings back the album art. However once update re-installs itself, problem comes back. Microsoft needs a fix on this...
  5. KB4462919 and KB41000347

KB4462919 and KB41000347: anyone experiencing problems with windows 10 update KB4462919 and KB41000347? Seems my daughter lost her directories in one of her drives! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4462919-and-kb41000347/ada2d0dc-4dbf-4d57-b954-a896e0b8a34a
  6. Update KB4462919 causes multiple errors

Update KB4462919 causes multiple errors: My printers disappear and excel crashes when I click to "enable edit" on a spreadsheet. I also could not re-install the printer drivers. When I uninstalled KB4462919 everything was fine again. I have disabled the auto update, as Windows tried to install the update again...
  7. KB4462919

KB4462919: Auto update has twice tried to install the 1809 update, and I've uninstalled it before the reboot, so I'm still running ver286. How do I stop it attempting another install? When will MS issue an amended (safe) version?...
  8. Windows 10 KB4462919 Causes Boot Issue

Windows 10 KB4462919 Causes Boot Issue: I am experiencing a problem with the recent Windows update KB4462919. When the computer restarts to install the update, it freezes at the Windows Logo. The normal rotating dots just freeze and the compute will not continue to boot. After powering down 3 times, the...
  9. Possible Cause for Bluetooth Mouse Lag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible Cause for Bluetooth Mouse Lag: I have a Logitech Anywhere 2S mouse connected to my Dell's built-in Bluetooth. Every so often (I can't recall exact frequency, but maybe 5 or 6 times in a 12-hour period), the mouse will become unresponsive for about 10 seconds while I'm using it. I have to move the mouse...
  10. how do you enable the kbd and mouse?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do you enable the kbd and mouse?: my problem is after the reset finishes it comes to the logon screen, and the kbd and mouse are disabled and i can not finish the logon. how do you enable the kbd and mouse? 44178
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. naboo kbd and mouse mouse not working