Windows 10: kb4465065 kills my ethernet port. Uninstalling is only solution but it auto updates upon...

Discus and support kb4465065 kills my ethernet port. Uninstalling is only solution but it auto updates upon... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a big issue. Laptop HP envy x360. Windows Update autoinstalls kb4465065 which kills my wifi. Desktop is custom-made. Update kb4465065 kills my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by cmontesi, Jun 18, 2019.

1. cmontesi Win User

kb4465065 kills my ethernet port. Uninstalling is only solution but it auto updates upon...

This is a big issue.
    Laptop HP envy x360. Windows Update autoinstalls kb4465065 which kills my wifi.
    Desktop is custom-made. Update kb4465065 kills my ethernet port. No internet unless i uninstall kb4465065.

However, Windows 10 auto updates to kb4465065 and there is no choice but to again look for kb4465065 and uninstall it.
    I have to do this EVERY TIME I turn off my PC.

Anything to bypass this windows nonsense breaking my computers? Thanks.

PS. If you're a so-called "IT" and you tell me to do the obvious, I will report you. Thanks.

:)

cmontesi, Jun 18, 2019

2. Number of Ethernet Ports showing in Task Manager

I got the solution for this, Go to Device Manager->Select Network Adapters -> And you will see all the Ethernet ports from which you can UNINSTALL them one by one and "along with Drivers". Make sure you keep the one which is in use or listed from the manufacturer.

Siddhesh Chavan, Jun 18, 2019
  3. aks45 Win User
    Ethernet connection/port on my laptop

Thanks for the suggested solution which I tried. My feedback:

• Update download was completed but installation did not complete and the message popped up that stated that update is not compatible and cannot be installed.

Info sought in your mail is as follows:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
      • Window 10 Pro
      • Version 1709
      • OS Build 16299.192
    • What is the make and model of your laptop?
      • Dell Alienware
      • 15" Laptop
      • System 64 bit os x64-based processor
    • Are you experiencing the same issue even when you are using another Ethernet cable?
      • yes, tried different cables
      • (also same ethernet cable & connection works on my mac notebook)
    • Have you made any changes to your computer setting before this issue occurred?
      • Can't say with certainty about changes, if any, made. Normally i don't fiddle with the laptop systems.
      • ethernet port was working just fine and suddenly became dsysfunctional about two weeks back.
      • Checked Network adapters in the device manager which highlights Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller with a yellow mark. Also checked network adapter driver which states that installed driver is the latest.

aks45, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Jakl Win User

kb4465065 kills my ethernet port. Uninstalling is only solution but it auto updates upon...

Ethernet port not blinking...

possibly your ethernet port has died...

Unless if you format/reinstall windows , and see if that way... but overall, physically take a look at the motherboard in the computer, and see if any capacitor's top's have blown open or even have a bump on them (the tops of the capacitors should be flat) . If any indication that happens, then your mobo is eventually gonna die.

Other than that, u went through all other steps that are very known..

**My Friends system not to long ago has the exact same issue, and there were caps blown, but only the ethernet didnt work

Thema:

1. kb4465065 kills my ethernet port. Uninstalling is only solution but it auto updates upon... - Similar Threads - kb4465065 kills ethernet

2. My Ethernet Port is not Working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Ethernet Port is not Working?: I'm trying to use Ethernet with my PC it was working fine then suddenly stopped for no reason at all? it doesn't show up in the control panel but it shows up in device manager under hidden devices when i go to it's properties it says under device status: "Currently, this...
  3. My Ethernet Port is not Working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Ethernet Port is not Working?: I'm trying to use Ethernet with my PC it was working fine then suddenly stopped for no reason at all? it doesn't show up in the control panel but it shows up in device manager under hidden devices when i go to it's properties it says under device status: "Currently, this...
  4. [2nd time] Windows Update Killed My Video Port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [2nd time] Windows Update Killed My Video Port: Computer - Dell Optiplex 3080 - DP Video Port + HDMI Port 8 GB RAMMonitors - Two 29" LG Ultrawide.Yesterday. both monitors were working fine. Had pending updates, and let those install, and shut down the computer upon leaving for the day.Today I come in, and only 1 monitor...
  5. [2nd time] Windows Update Killed My Video Port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [2nd time] Windows Update Killed My Video Port: Computer - Dell Optiplex 3080 - DP Video Port + HDMI Port 8 GB RAMMonitors - Two 29" LG Ultrawide.Yesterday. both monitors were working fine. Had pending updates, and let those install, and shut down the computer upon leaving for the day.Today I come in, and only 1 monitor...
  6. [2nd time] Windows Update Killed My Video Port

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Error 0x800f0830 during update 2019.02 (KB4465065)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x800f0830 during update 2019.02 (KB4465065): This update error is blocking updates: 2019.06 re NetFramework, 2019.06 re Cumulative update, 2019.06 re Security Update re Adobe Flash It also appears to be blocking the move to Windows 1903 Any assistance appreciated....
  8. HELP! KB4465065 Update Broke my SATA Controller Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HELP! KB4465065 Update Broke my SATA Controller Driver: As the title says Windows Update pushed me to update to KB4465065, after which I got an error (code 10) in Device Manager next to Standard SATA AHCI Controller. Preventing generic recommendations - I already tried updating and uninstalling the driver, Windows doesn't find...
  9. Latest Windows Update Killed My USB Ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Windows Update Killed My USB Ports: I recently updated Windows 10 (KB4467702), and all my USB ports stopped working. The light doesn't even come on in my mouse. I've tested several devices back and forth with another computer. It isn't the devices. I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro-1370. I have tried going to Device...
  10. Auto-kill a process

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto-kill a process: Is there a way to auto-sense that a process has started and automatically kill it, without user intervention? I am aware of Auto-kill any process v.2.2, but that, according to one reviewer, requires user input. Thanks. 27047
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown after KB4465065

2. kb4465065 windows 10 causes lockup

3. kb4465065 issues