Windows 10: KB4467708 failed to install, now I cannot install more recent updates.

Discus and support KB4467708 failed to install, now I cannot install more recent updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; KB4467708 failed to install. After rebooting, the update reach 30% and then rollback. Yet, it is listed in the list of updates that can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Paul Serra, Jan 15, 2019.

1. KB4467708 failed to install, now I cannot install more recent updates.

KB4467708 failed to install. After rebooting, the update reach 30% and then rollback.

Yet, it is listed in the list of updates that can be uninstalled. Removing KB4467708 also fail, with the same rollback.

More recent updates like KB4471332 fail.

Manually installing KB4467708 does not work, because it is supposedly already installed.

Manually installing more recent updates fail with reboot and rollback.

I have tried the solution from that article https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/23-troubleshoot-windows-update-problems-in-windows-10-using-these-five-tips/.

My version is Windows 10 education, 64 bits, 1809.

Any idea what could fix that? The install is brand new, I barely touched anything, so I'm not sure if reinstalling the OS would help that much.

Have a great day!

:)

Paul Serra, Jan 15, 2019
  2. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Jan 15, 2019
  3. Maggidon Win User
    KB4467708 update

Can any explain as to why KB4467708 is installed twice on my system. I see it listed down on the bottom of the list, as having failed with this number behind it, 0x8024200d.
    Two from the top it is showing as having installed with (4) behind it. Then at the very top of the list, it is installed again. I did uninstall it at one point because I thought it was causing grief but the update was really not the culprit. Installed it again manually and each time I'd reboot, it would keep asking to update. Finally for whatever reason it took but I'm wondering why it's showing in the list two times, one of which has the (4) behind it.
    Any suggestions as what to do with that or should I just leave it alone since things seem to be working well at this point.

Maggidon, Jan 15, 2019
  4. chideock Win User

KB4467708 failed to install, now I cannot install more recent updates.

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

KB4467708 failed to install, now I cannot install more recent updates.

1. KB4467708 failed to install, now I cannot install more recent updates. - Similar Threads - KB4467708 failed install

2. Installed more recent update and now my URL files are all hosed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed more recent update and now my URL files are all hosed: This appears to be an age-old issue that continues to recur: I installed the most recent Windows 11 update and now all of my URLs invoke the File Download - Security Warning. This is terribly annoying, as I pretty much surf the Internet by creating and organizing Internet...
  3. Installed more recent update and now my URL files are all hosed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed more recent update and now my URL files are all hosed: This appears to be an age-old issue that continues to recur: I installed the most recent Windows 11 update and now all of my URLs invoke the File Download - Security Warning. This is terribly annoying, as I pretty much surf the Internet by creating and organizing Internet...
  4. I installed a virus and now cannot update windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I installed a virus and now cannot update windows.: A few months ago i somehow installed a virus. Yes laugh at me all you want. I am indeed retarded. What that virus did is lock up all my data and wanted money back for it. i did not really care about the data so deleted everything. And reinstalled windsows and somehow ended...
  5. Driver and Support Assistance now reports "Install Failed" after recent Windows update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver and Support Assistance now reports "Install Failed" after recent Windows update.: For a week now, I get a brief "Install Failed" followed by the "Install failed" messages returning to Install buttons. See screenshot: [ATTACH] I uninstalled the DSA, downloaded it again and re-installed Intel Driver and Support Assistant. The Assistant then scans, says...
  6. I recently updated to Windows 10, and now cannot install Origin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently updated to Windows 10, and now cannot install Origin.: I recently wiped my laptop, and with that came Windows 10. I didn't mind it until I tried to install Origin and it wasn't working. I keep getting two error messages: VCRUNTIME140.dll and MSVCP140.dll. I've tried watching YouTube videos to help - I've deleted all my C ++ files...
  7. Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Most recent OS update disabled Office and I cannot install: After rebooting from the most recent windows update (last night) all my office tools failed to launch. I tried reinstalling and though it goes through the process and claims success, I do not see the apps in start menu. Anyone else experience the same? This is a personal...
  8. KB4467708 failed to install 5 times 0x800f085 and computer stops booting with error 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4467708 failed to install 5 times 0x800f085 and computer stops booting with error 0xc000021a: KB4467708 failed to install 5 times 0x800f085 and computer stops booting with error 0xc000021a have to use boot via USB and use following command at command prompt to make my laptop working again dism /image=c: /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions should I stop connecting...
  9. KB4467708 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4467708 update: Can any explain as to why KB4467708 is installed twice on my system. I see it listed down on the bottom of the list, as having failed with this number behind it, 0x8024200d. Two from the top it is showing as having installed with (4) behind it. Then at the very top of the...
  10. KB4467708 update

in Windows 10 Support
    KB4467708 update: Can any explain as to why KB4467708 is installed twice on my system. I see it listed down on the bottom of the list, as having failed with this number behind it, 0x8024200d. Two from the top it is showing as having installed with (4) behind it. Then at the very top of the...
Tags: