Windows 10: KB4469041 - why is this called a "preview"

Discus and support KB4469041 - why is this called a "preview" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The above update is listed as a preview of Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2. What exactly does this mean please? If it is telling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Smirnoff---01, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:13 AM.

1. KB4469041 - why is this called a "preview"

The above update is listed as a preview of Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2. What exactly does this mean please?

If it is telling users what to expect when update arrives why is it listed in updates and not just on info website?

:)

Smirnoff---01, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:13 AM

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Dec 6, 2018 at 4:17 AM
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Delete and Cut Files with Preview Pane Open

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried to delete the pdf file in preview panel?
    • What exactly happens when try to delete the pdf file?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Select View and click on preview panel.

• Select the pdf file.

• At the right corner you will be able to see preview panel.

• You can right click on it and delete the files.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

4. Mithin_EJ Win User

KB4469041 - why is this called a "preview"

Preview pane doesn't work in Windows 10

Hi RuthZekowski,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Are you facing issue with all your files or any particular files?
    2. Which version of Windows you are using?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

The Preview pane shows the contents of certain files selected in File Explorer. For images, it is a thumbnail preview.

If you are unable to preview in File explorer, I suggest you to try the below steps.

1. Open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.
    2. Click Options, and then click Change folder and search options to open Folder Options dialog.
    3. Check the Show preview handlers in preview pane box, and click/tap on OK.​

Please reply for all the required information to help you further.

Hope it helps.

Thema:

KB4469041 - why is this called a "preview"

1. KB4469041 - why is this called a "preview" - Similar Threads - KB4469041 why called

2. Preview Cumulative Update KB4469041 for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2

in Windows 10 News
    Preview Cumulative Update KB4469041 for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2: December 5, 2018 - KB4469041 Preview of Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.7.2 for Windows 10 version 1809 and Windows Server 2019 Applies to: .NET Framework Improvements and fixes This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are...
  3. Why are microsoft so called engineers/technicians such a bunch of ****

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why are microsoft so called engineers/technicians such a bunch of ****: evertime there is an update for windows 10 the whole system gets **** up - losses all setting from rdp to game controllers to sound - just everything - it even loses the restore points so you can't return to how you eventually got it working after the last time the useless...
  4. calls

in Windows 10 Customization
    calls: when i get a call i cant answer it as the sign disappears when they call and it wont let me call out https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/calls/f3770364-b746-4b3d-a9ea-61645f0a05b5
  5. call of duty hereos 4.8 will not update why?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    call of duty hereos 4.8 will not update why?: call of duty heroes will not update why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/call-of-duty-hereos-48-will-not-update-why/b1390592-bac8-4e43-b6c7-73988c58109e
  6. Outlook(Preview) why such a problem

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook(Preview) why such a problem: hey Gang what happened here ?? 1 of my email accounts received Preview the other 2 did not(again i am not complaining) just trying to figure out how that happened anybody have any hints One more thing is there any ideas on using Preview not really the same as...
  7. Why apps in taskbar not showing preview ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why apps in taskbar not showing preview ?: What i mean is when i move the mouse cursor over an app window in taskbar if it's a game in the passed i saw the game running/playing in the small window of the app or if it's a program. Now i need to click on it and enter to it to see what is going on with it. Now the...
  8. Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Is Windows Hosting a Network Called Direct-xxxxxxx: So, recently, my Windows 10 Pro Laptop starts randomly shutting off the WiFi. I go into "Network Adapters" and my computer cut my WiFi to host a network called Direct-iGE5msPN. It often changes names so that's why I put x's in the title. Do I have a virus? If not, what is it...
  9. Q: four processes called on schedule, what & why ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Q: four processes called on schedule, what & why ?: Hello, since W10 in-place upgrade. I have four processes called on schedule, as a group. CompatTelRunner.exe, dstokenclean.exe, disksnapshot.exe and dmclient.exe. I've googled and VT hash. They're system protected files. Any clue as to what calls them, and why....
  10. Why is it now called "Windows 10 Insider Preview"

in Windows 10 News
    Why is it now called "Windows 10 Insider Preview": From an email sent by Gabe Aul I gather this explanation: In fact, Insider feedback has become so valuable to our engineering process, we’ve decided to rename "Windows 10 Technical Preview" to "Windows 10 Insider Preview." It’s the same OS as before. 5746

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4469041

2. preview of cumulative update for .net probleme

3. (KB4469041)