Windows 10: KB4480116 and KB4480970 failure getting access to MDB database ( Access 97 )

Discus and support KB4480116 and KB4480970 failure getting access to MDB database ( Access 97 ) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing in Windows 10 the KB4480116, our application ( developed in VS2010 with Microsoft Access 97 database MDB ) detects an error "unknown... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SW team Silca, Jan 9, 2019.

1. KB4480116 and KB4480970 failure getting access to MDB database ( Access 97 )

After installing in Windows 10 the KB4480116, our application ( developed in VS2010 with Microsoft Access 97 database MDB ) detects an error "unknown database format" when accessing to Access 97 database. The exception starts on msvc100.dll provided by VS 2010. Removing the KB4480116 the issue disappears. How I can get support for this accident ?

The same problem we have on Windows 7 after the KB4480970 installation of January 8th

I need help to solve this issue that stop working our end-user application.

:)

SW team Silca, Jan 9, 2019
  2. DRDNA Win User

Recover access database

Looks like you will need to rebuild the whole thing but at least you have the data still, right?
    EDIT: Wait did you try this?

Convert a database to the Access 2007 file format

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...-the-access-2007-file-format-HA010048406.aspx

You cannot convert a replicated database to the Office Access 2007 file format. However, you can use Access 2007 to create a replica of a database that is formatted in either the Access 2000 or the Access 2002 - 2003 file format.

More copy and paste:
    [paste:font size="5"]Convert an Access 97 database, Convert an Access 95 database, or Convert an Access 2.0 database.
    • Click the Microsoft Office Button
      KB4480116  and KB4480970 failure getting access to MDB database ( Access 97 ) [​IMG]
      , point to Save As, and then, under Save the database in another format, click the file format to which you want to convert.
    • If any database objects are open when you use the Save Database As command, Access prompts you to close them prior to creating the copy. Click Yes to make Access close the objects, or click No to cancel the entire process. If needed, Access will also prompt you to save any changes.
    • In the Save As dialog box, type a file name in the File name box, and then click Save.
    Access creates the copy of the database, and then opens the copy. Access automatically closes the original database.

Here is a short and sweet version: http://www.ehow.com/how_7339817_convert-2003-database-access-2007.html

DRDNA, Jan 9, 2019
  3. AndrzejYQ Win User
    Microsoft Access Database (.mdb) file

Have an old Microsoft Access Database (.mdb) file, possibly created with W95.
    wish to view it. Currently am using W10 and Microsoft Office Home and Business 2010 software (which does not include Access). Am getting ‘Can’t find Language DILL
    msain.dill’. Any ideas how I can view this file?

AndrzejYQ, Jan 9, 2019
  4. KB4480116 and KB4480970 failure getting access to MDB database ( Access 97 )

Recover access database

That just tells you to copy and paste ? I then searched the linked table manager and got http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/a...d-path-for-linked-tables-mdb-HP005187623.aspx there.
    After completing that, it still doesn't work.
    edit: there still seems to be a temp file in there. the pc must have shut down with access still open
    edit2: I have found another, previous version (from 2007). Its the same database, the data is just very outdated. Can i import the 2014 data into the 2007 database file somehow ?

wotevajjjj, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

KB4480116 and KB4480970 failure getting access to MDB database ( Access 97 )

1. KB4480116 and KB4480970 failure getting access to MDB database ( Access 97 ) - Similar Threads - KB4480116 KB4480970 failure

2. Can't open or recover Access mdb file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't open or recover Access mdb file: I can't access my Access file that I had worked on and saved. I already did my work, saved and the file was opening nicely, but I do not know what happened. It stopped opening and if I try to delete the file it says, it is open in the Access database, but it is nowhere. I...
  3. Can't open or recover Access mdb file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open or recover Access mdb file: I can't access my Access file that I had worked on and saved. I already did my work, saved and the file was opening nicely, but I do not know what happened. It stopped opening and if I try to delete the file it says, it is open in the Access database, but it is nowhere. I...
  4. Access 97 on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Access 97 on Windows 10?: Hi Due to the pandemic we are unable to upgrade our Access databases etc but have been told we must upgrade our old XP machines to WIN10 At present we have lots of data stored and used in Access 97 and are concerned that we will lose the data/ability to use data in Access...
  5. Access database error

Access database error: I have an Access database, that I am running in Access from a O365 subscription. No one else accesses my database. I have a transaction function that executes an update statement when the main form loads. After that, I cannot do anything because I get a "You do not have...
  6. Unrecognized database Format mdb access file after update windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unrecognized database Format mdb access file after update windows 10 version 2004: After update windows 10 version 2004 - all my applications dont work, and I can't read the table data in Visual studio 2019. The access file is a mdb 2003 file that is replicated. If the mdb file is not replicated there is no problem, byt i need this replication otherwise...
  7. Unable to select the correct .mdb database

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to select the correct .mdb database: I have an application that stores its data in a .mdb database. I have taken over the database from a previous PC and installed the application with a basic database on the new windows 10 pc. I can locate the file using windows explorer and it shows the correct file size....
  8. converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL?

in Windows 10 Customization
    converting Access .mdb back-end to MySQL?: I'm investigating converting my Access program back-end to MySQL and am looking for information about what would be involved and what, if any, changes it would require on the front-end. I'd appreciate just references to respected information sources. Gordon...
  9. Access Database Problem

Access Database Problem: I am developing an Access database for a local charity which teaches people to use the internet. One field is a tick box flagging that the user is a Member. There are other categories of user (User, Tenant, One to One) and the charity later required a separate field listing...
  10. Running Access databases

in Windows 10 Support
    Running Access databases: Hey guys, I hope I'm in the right section but, here's my problem. I bought this tablet with 10 already installed. I then installed Office 2007. OK no problem so far (my spreadsheets run fine). But then I transferred over a couple of my Access 2007 databases. Each seemed to...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open databases in Access 97 MDB format fail with a database error “unknown database format”

2. office update access mdf data export crashes

3. office update export mdb file crashes

4. KB4480970 microsoft access problem