Windows 10: KB4482887 for Windows 10 1809 causes game performance issues

Discus and support KB4482887 for Windows 10 1809 causes game performance issues in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4482887 for Windows 10 version 1809 on March 1, 2019 officially. The update had two known issues initially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 7, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

KB4482887 for Windows 10 1809 causes game performance issues

Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4482887 for Windows 10 version 1809 on March 1, 2019 officially.

The update had two known issues initially which Microsoft highlighted on the official Support page on the Microsoft website.

The company added a third issue to the page today that confirms that the update is causing game performance issues with certain games. Microsoft mentions Destiny 2 specifically; users may experience mouse and graphics related performance issues in other desktop games as well.

After installing KB4482887, users may notice graphics and mouse performance degradation with desktop gaming when playing certain games (eg: Destiny 2).

Microsoft provides no information on the cause for the issue or the types of games that are affected by it.

There is no workaround for the issue right now and Microsoft appears to be working on a solution.

Microsoft suggests that gamers who experience the issue should remove the cumulative update KB4482887 from their devices in the meantime to resolve the issue.

Gamers who have not updated Windows 10 PCs yet may want to delay the update to avoid performance related issues. Pro users may pause updates to block updates from being downloaded and installed on the device.

Update uninstallation

KB4482887 for Windows 10 1809 causes game performance issues uninstall-KB4482887.png

Tip: Check out our guide on uninstalling Windows Update for detailed instructions.

Here is how you remove the update using the Control Panel:

1. Use Windows-X to display the hidden menu and select Control Panel from the options.
    2. Select Uninstall a Program.
    3. Select View installed updates.
    4. Locate KB4482887 in the list.
    5. Right-click on the update and select Uninstall.

Here is how you remove the update using the command prompt:

1. Open an elevated command prompt, e.g. by opening the Start menu, typing cmd.exe, right-clicking on the result and selecting Run as Administrator. Or, by using Windows-X to display the "hidden" menu and selecting Command Prompt (admin) from the options.
    2. Run the command wusa /uninstall /kb:4482887 /quiet to uninstall the cumulative update.

You need to restart the PC either way to complete the uninstallation.

Closing words

I don't play that many games anymore but could not detect any performance issue while playing Dota 2 (Auto Chess) and several boardgame conversions on a PC with KB4482887.

Now You: Did you notice performance issues after installing the update?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon. Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post KB4482887 for Windows 10 1809 causes game performance issues appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 7, 2019

2. Performance issues during gaming in Windows 10

Hello Cody,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know the relevant error messages which can help us to ascertain the cause of the issue. Also, what is the make and model of the computer you are using?

Now, here a few important points that can help you.

• PC games will generally have two sets of system requirements, the ‘minimum’ and the ‘recommended’. So it again depends on the game and how much PC resource it needs to run at optimal performance.
    • Next, certain performance tweaking/monitoring programs may seem to help, but it is only as good as a separate program running in the background. Few third party antivirus/firewall programs may also cause such issues.
    • Apart from the dedicated graphics, a lot of other considerations are also there to make. Few of them are:

CPU performance

Hard Disk- SSDs are known to perform better in terms of read/write operations

RAM memory and speed

Sound Card

So, it is not possible to give proper benchmark in terms of gaming
      using any particular hardware aspect.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to place the computers in a Clean Boot state and run the game.

It helps to identify if there are any third party application/software to be causing the issue.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: As the article is designed for Windows 8.1, Windows 8 and Windows 7. Unlike launching step for 'System Configuration', options and steps to Clean Boot are same for Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 7, 2019
  3. Games cause the computer to freeze seconds after opening them for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the troubleshooting steps that you have performed.

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with the result of the issue and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Mar 7, 2019
  4. KB4482887 for Windows 10 1809 causes game performance issues

Solitaire game performance issues on Windows 10.

Hi David,

The above issue might occur due to the following reasons:

• Game files and folders corrupted or missing in the computer.
    • Uninstalled game updates on the PC.
    • Corrupted user profile.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Did you check for the game updates from Windows Store?
    • Did you check if similar issue persists on uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

Running the troubleshooter will help in detecting and identifying the issue and in certain cases will fix the same to enhance the performance of the system.

Method 1: Run Windows apps troubleshooter to
    check if the any of the app files are missing or corrupted.

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems
    with apps and the Store.

Method 2: Check if any pending game and store updates are to be installed on the computer by following the steps below:

• Open Windows Store and click on the user profile name located at the top right of the window.
    • Select Downloads and updates from the options.
    • Click on Check for updates from the window and check if you have any pending updates to be installed.
    • After the pending updates are installed, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 3: If the issue persists, uninstall and re-install the game by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard and click on
      All apps
      located at the bottom left corner of the Start menu.
    • Locate the game from the list, right click and select Uninstall from the context menu.
    • Go to Windows Store, search the game, install and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of Solitaire game issue experienced on the PC in the same post for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

KB4482887 for Windows 10 1809 causes game performance issues

1. KB4482887 for Windows 10 1809 causes game performance issues - Similar Threads - KB4482887 1809 causes

2. KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5015807 Causing Performance Issues: Hello,Since Patch Tuesday there have been many machines impacted with this updated. Users having to restart their machines 3+ times a day.Eventually the machine becomes unusable.. This then results in the whole machine freezing up.Everyone in the organisation has downloaded &...
  3. KB4489899 do not restore performance degradation introduced by previous patch KB4482887 on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB4489899 do not restore performance degradation introduced by previous patch KB4482887 on...: Hi my beautiful peoples. Since March update KB 4482887 I have really huge FPS drops. FPS in games drops and I start observed drastically performance regression in FPS. CPU utilisation goes up. After those update I seen issue with clearing standby memory list either. Games...
  4. 2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 (KB4482887) failed to install with...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 (KB4482887) failed to install with...: Hi, Finally, at the end of my tether!! 32bit Windows 10 Home. Samsung 1.6 Netbook. NP-N310 I've tried everything I can think of including System File Checker and Update Troubleshooter. Disabling firewall, anti virus, cordless mouse. Any suggestions, please?...
  5. Windows 10 KB4482887 is reportedly causing gaming performance issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4482887 is reportedly causing gaming performance issues: On March 1, 2019, Microsoft began pushing out Windows 10 KB4482887 to October 2018 Update machines. This cumulative update advances the system to Windows 10 Build 17763.348 and it comes with tons of improvements, including support for Retpoline which will eventually improve...
  6. 2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4482887)...

2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4482887)...: Last month, I started having problems with cumulative updates. So, I decided to hide the update. It seems that the same problem is still there. When I look at the update history, this update couldn't be installed in 10 attempts. What can I do?...
  7. WINDOWS UPDATE RELEASED CLU KB4482887 TO WINDOWS 10 1809 AND WINDOWS SERVER 2019 ON 01-03-2019

WINDOWS UPDATE RELEASED CLU KB4482887 TO WINDOWS 10 1809 AND WINDOWS SERVER 2019 ON 01-03-2019: On 01-03-2019, Microsoft released another windows CLU update KB4482887 build no 17763.348 to windows 10 v1809 and to windows server 2019(1809). I am sharing the direct download links form www.catalog.update.microsoft.com for windows 10 v1809 clu kb4482887 64bit os...
  8. KB4482887 for Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    KB4482887 for Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4482887 for Windows 10 version 1809 yesterday. The update brings the build of that particular version of Windows 10 to 17763.348. Microsoft appears to test updates for the latest version of Windows 10 in the Release Preview ring...
  9. 2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4482887)...

2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64-based Systems (KB4482887)...: Hello, my windows 10 LTSC 2019 keeps failing to install the latest update KB4482887 with error code 0x800f0982. I had tried download it from windows update catalog and installed manually, but result in the same error. I google the error code but can't find much useful...
  10. QueryPerformanceFrequency returns 10mhz on Windows 10 Build 1809+, causing performance...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    QueryPerformanceFrequency returns 10mhz on Windows 10 Build 1809+, causing performance...: It appear something has happended to the timer subsystem resolution on Windows 10 starting from Build 1809. QueryPerformanceFrequency() returns 10mhz (10ms) which is causing the GUI et al to have latency. DPC latency is also elevated post 1809 installation. This happens on...
Tags: