Windows 10: KB4487006 Update issues – All Printers deactivated

Discus and support KB4487006 Update issues – All Printers deactivated in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The above-mentioned updated was forced on me yesterday. After updating, all still appear in the Devices and Printers list, but ALL programs (including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NelsonSaraiva, Feb 21, 2019.

1. KB4487006 Update issues – All Printers deactivated

The above-mentioned updated was forced on me yesterday.

After updating, all still appear in the Devices and Printers list, but ALL programs (including Microsoft Office), present a message "No printers installed" on the Printer selector.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printers. They disappear from Devices and Printers list, when uninstalled and reappear when reinstalled, but still no printers appear in the Printer selection of the MS Office (and other) programs.

I tried to roll back the update, but could not get rid of the injected poison.

Reinstalling the update did not fix it either.

Please advise on what i should do.

I am running Windows 10 Enterprise N 2016 LTSB and i don't appreciate this happening on a LTSB version.

Thank you in advance

:)

NelsonSaraiva, Feb 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 21, 2019
  3. printer issues

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows.

• Is it a wired or wireless printer?
    • Is the printer connected via network to your computer?
    I suggest you to make printer as a default printer you can follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key+ X and select
      device manager
    • Select devices and printers
    • Right click on the printer you want to use, and then click
      set as default printer (You'll see a check mark on the printer's icon signifying that it's now your default printer).
    I suggest you to update the drivers for the printers and check if it helps.

I also recommend you to run the print troubleshooter to check the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 21, 2019
  4. KB4487006 Update issues – All Printers deactivated

Printer Not Working after Update

Hi Von,

Since your printer is also having an issue after an update, we suggest that you run the Printer Troubleshooter as an initial troubleshooting step. Follow the steps provided in the link on my first response. Also, can you provide us additional details regarding
    your concern. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Which update are you referring to which caused this issue?
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

KB4487006 Update issues – All Printers deactivated

1. KB4487006 Update issues – All Printers deactivated - Similar Threads - KB4487006 Update issues

2. printer update issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer update issues: Since you are so very versed perhaps I can ask if there is now a way to fix the KB5001649 ? printer issue caused by the March update? I have a older embroidery software program Viking 6D and I could print in 3d mode two weeks before the update and have not been able to since...
  3. Printing issues on all printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing issues on all printers: My computer updated itself on 3/10/2021, after the update my konica minolta and my fujifilm dx100 printer are printing a 6 inch block down the middle of me pages. I have reinstalled all driver but the issue persist. As for my HP printer there is no issue, anyhelp?...
  4. Windows updates printer issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows updates printer issues: Hi after windows update print to my printers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-updates-printer-issues/66486f5e-0b85-4c72-839d-121cc8ef00c9
  5. Random Deactivation issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Deactivation issue: Last week my pc randomly started displaying the activation watermark, after using the same pc with no issues for 5 years. Whenever I try to open the activation options in settings, the settings app becomes nonresponsive. I have my original windows 8.1 product key that I used...
  6. Printer issue after the updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Printer issue after the updates: Split from this thread. I have the same problem with my hp design jet 500 since the update I can not print I have tried everything to resolve this including the above only to get an error message 0x800f0905. I have lost so much time trying to resolve this I need a patch NOW....
  7. Windows 10 Deactivation Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Deactivation Issue: Woke up today to find an Activation Watermark even though I've been using Win 10 Pro for the past 2 years without an issue (Came pre-installed on my MSI Laptop). Haven't changed anything in the hardware either. Called Microsoft support, gave them my product key and they said...
  8. Windows 10 updates KB4487029, KB4487021, KB4487011 and KB4487006 released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 updates KB4487029, KB4487021, KB4487011 and KB4487006 released: Microsoft released several cumulative updates for different Windows 10 versions on February 19, 2019. The cumulative updates KB4487029, KB4487021, KB4487011 and KB4487006 update Windows 10 version 1803, 1709, 1703 and 1607 but not the current version 1809. Only the...
  9. Cumulative Update KB4487006 Windows 10 v1607 Build 14393.2828 -Feb. 19

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4487006 Windows 10 v1607 Build 14393.2828 -Feb. 19: February 19, 2019 - KB4487006 (OS Build 14393.2828) Applies to: Windows 10 version 1607, Windows Server 2016 Windows 10, version 1607, reached end of service on April 10, 2018. Devices running Windows 10 Home or Pro editions will no longer receive monthly security and...
  10. Printer Issue After update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Printer Issue After update: After the last update of my computer with windows 10, I can not connect my HP ENVY 4520 All-in-One Printer. What do I do? It worked perfectly until a few days ago! What happened? Please, I need to have my printer back again...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fargo hdp5000 1903 windows 10 hang or queue