Windows 10: KB4489899 causes computer to constantly freeze, BSOD, crash

Discus and support KB4489899 causes computer to constantly freeze, BSOD, crash in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Oh Microsoft... with each update more and more problems are introduced... its been almost a year since I last had a stable Windows 10 computer.... I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mysteryyy, Apr 3, 2019.

1. mysteryyy Win User

KB4489899 causes computer to constantly freeze, BSOD, crash

Oh Microsoft... with each update more and more problems are introduced... its been almost a year since I last had a stable Windows 10 computer....

I installed KB4489899 on Monday April 1st along with KB4489907 & KB4486553 a few days earlier. While my Surface Book 2 was pretty much rock solid on 1703, issues started popping up with 1803 and 1809. I never had a BSOD on 1703 or 1709 but started getting them on 1803 and 1809. They seemed to calm down after updates the past couple months and I was finally enjoying a somewhat stable computer with an occasional BSOD here and there until I ran updates on April 1st. Immediately after, my Surface Book 2 became unstable. Freezing non-stop, BSODs, etc. It was so bad that I could not even open simple web pages in Chrome or check email in Outlook.

Today I decided to go back to a restore point from right before when I installed KB4489899. It took over an hour to complete. Initially after the restore, the computer rebooted, I was greeted with the login screen, I was able to type my password and press login, but then my screen went completely black. I never saw my desktop. My computer has never gone to a black screen after logging in ever before. Every time I rebooted after that, I was greeted with a BSOD. Windows tried and failed to repair itself. I thankfully was able to use the Recovery to pick a second restore point a few days before the KB4489899 update and right before the KB4489907 & KB4486553 updates. The restore was much quicker and thankfully my computer is back to normal for the most part.

I am not re-installing those three KB. Its mind boggling how buggy Windows 10 has become. I never had issues with Windows 7. I had very few complaints about Windows 10 1703. Things got more and more buggy after. I never got BSODs in Windows 7. I never got BSODs in Windows 10 1703. Now I get BSODs. I have never had to use a restore point. Ever. Thats how bad its gotten. I have worked in environments with hundreds of thousands of Windows 7 endpoints and rarely ever had major issues. I tried testing a few Windows 10 devices and holy moly, problems left and right. Its clear that problems are here to stay and only get worse and worse. I have seen zero improvement in the stability of Windows 10 / Surface Book 2 in almost a year. Things started going severely down hill last August after some updates were released. While I think some issues are tied to the Surface Book 2 I have run into many of the same issues on completely different make / model computers such as Lenovo's flagship X1.

:)

mysteryyy, Apr 3, 2019
  2. airbud7 Win User

New Homebuild freezing and BSOD

So you are saying a PSU can never cause a computer to Freeze/BSOD...???

airbud7, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue:
    I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I was having before. The issue is back and I'm unsure of what to do next. Is this no longer a software issue if reinstalling the OS was unsuccessful?

Thanks for your time!

PayneTrain, Apr 3, 2019
  4. bassmasta Win User

causes for bsod

a friend of mine is getting bsod's everytime she uses her computer. it is usually at boot, but sometimes at the desktop, but the computer shows the bsod then goes back to normal and runs fine. I was wondering what exactly would cause a blue screen that would not crash the computer.

bassmasta, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

1. KB4489899 causes computer to constantly freeze, BSOD, crash - Similar Threads - KB4489899 causes computer

2. My computer is constantly freezing and crashing games, and random BSOD as well.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is constantly freezing and crashing games, and random BSOD as well.: Recent error codes include: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALandUNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAPI've tried some of the common fixes such as sfc/scannow, and the dism.exe health checkersdump files here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjXuTLGgBY28vmIBfaj-UHz0s5A4?e=aYoABw...
  3. My computer is constantly freezing and crashing games, and random BSOD as well.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is constantly freezing and crashing games, and random BSOD as well.: Recent error codes include: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALandUNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAPI've tried some of the common fixes such as sfc/scannow, and the dism.exe health checkersdump files here:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjXuTLGgBY28vmIBfaj-UHz0s5A4?e=aYoABw...
  4. My computer is constantly freezing and crashing games, and random BSOD as well.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Constant BSODs/Freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSODs/Freezes: My computer keeps freezing/getting BSODs at the most random times. I've had this issue for a while now and have no idea what else I can try out to fix it. I'd appreciate any help!Explanation of the issue:PC keeps freezing at the most random times, which often results in a...
  6. Constant BSOD crashes and freezing.

Constant BSOD crashes and freezing.: Greetings, I've started having constant bluescreens and random freezing from about a few weeks ago. They are related to ntoskrnl.exe, and the bug check varies from time to time but it's generally limited to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 1a, IRLQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0a,...
  7. Constant BSOD/Freezing, Stumped at cause

Constant BSOD/Freezing, Stumped at cause: Hello, Thanks for the assistance. Recently my PC has started BSODing or Just randomly locking up and restarting when using certain programs. I dont think its a hardware issue as it will run fine with some things for hours on end but consistently locks up and restart with...
  8. Computer BSOD and freeze constantly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer BSOD and freeze constantly: Computer BSODs and freezes constantly. It does so more often while gaming, especially if graphics are set higher. Below is a link to some minidump logs from various dates as well as my computer specs....
  9. new computer constantly crashing to BSOD

new computer constantly crashing to BSOD: My brand new custom pc has been crashing into BSOD since something like 3 days ago and some of the errors it presented were: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and, after performing driver verifier,...
  10. Constant Crashes Causing BSOD

Constant Crashes Causing BSOD: I have had to reset my computer twice. This last time I only installed the latest drivers and firefox. It still crashes. Its favourite prank to pull is to say the computer crashed because it wasn't shut down properly (or "previous shutdown was unexpected") after I shut it...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4489899 crashing computer

2. kb4489899 bsod