Windows 10: KB4497165 slowing my computer? Or something else...

Discus and support KB4497165 slowing my computer? Or something else... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi friends. I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world, so please bare with me. A few days ago I installed a Windows Update known as KB4497165... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheDeadlyGerbil, Jun 8, 2020.

1. KB4497165 slowing my computer? Or something else...

Hi friends.

I'm not the most tech savvy person in the world, so please bare with me. A few days ago I installed a Windows Update known as KB4497165 and thought nothing of it. I let my laptop restart, looked good, went to bed, had some nice dreams.

I awoke to a lethargic, very slow machine that takes ages to open any window, any game, any file. I thought it might be my WiFi so I reset my router and tried switching to a different WiFi source - no dice. I thought it was this update so I uninstalled it - still slow.

Any remedies? If you need more information I'm happy to provide it, I just need help locating it. I'm running Windows 10 on a Lenovo Yoga laptop with an i7 8th Gen Intel Core.

submitted by /u/TheDeadlyGerbil
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheDeadlyGerbil, Jun 8, 2020

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jun 8, 2020
  4. KB4497165 slowing my computer? Or something else...

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

KB4497165 slowing my computer? Or something else...

1. KB4497165 slowing my computer? Or something else... - Similar Threads - KB4497165 slowing computer

2. Something else that I noticed on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something else that I noticed on my computer: When I go into a new tab, the bookmarks I have are gone. Some say this is a recommended interface and meant to happen, but I don't think the bookmarks disappearing should happen. Even when I press Restore and go into a tab, the notifications don't show up at all. I have a...
  3. Something else that I noticed on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something else that I noticed on my computer: When I go into a new tab, the bookmarks I have are gone. Some say this is a recommended interface and meant to happen, but I don't think the bookmarks disappearing should happen. Even when I press Restore and go into a tab, the notifications don't show up at all. I have a...
  4. Something else that I noticed on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My Laptop Becomes Super Slow. Age or Something Else?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop Becomes Super Slow. Age or Something Else?: Hi all! I revisit this old laptop of mine that I've been using since 2015 that I'm really looking forward to fix ever since I replace it. It's an ASUS X550J. The specs are as follows: i7-4720HQ 4GB RAM 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M Back then the laptop ran smoothly...
  6. Windows Update KB4497165

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update KB4497165: I have an old Intel processo i3-2350M 2.3Ghz that works great on my Windows 10 Toshiba Satellite P745-S4102, but bI didn't see it on the list of processors for KB4497165. If indeed this update is not intended for my i3 processor, should I not update it? I have paused the...
  7. After KB4497165 update my computer takes forever to open an app!

After KB4497165 update my computer takes forever to open an app!: Hi, yesterday 05/26/2020 I saw windows had an update in the settings, so I updated it, right after any and all apps take forever to load, if at all! Is there a fix for this? I don't want to reinstall everything! My computer was running great until I updated last night....
  8. KB4497165?

KB4497165?: Hi! Windows Update installed this new KB today on my AMD Ryzen PC. At the support site, Microsoft says the following: Important Install this update for the listed processors only. And the list is Intel only. So, why is WU installing an update that's meant to be used...
  9. KB4497165 crashed my intel i5-2450M

KB4497165 crashed my intel i5-2450M: After auto installation KB4497165 on Windows 10Pro 1909 of my Inter i5-2450M started to operate on 799 MHz Standard rate was 2,5 GHz on Dell Vostro 3350. Even uninstallation of this update did not restore previous operating level. How to resolve, please?...
  10. Update KB4497165 on my list

Update KB4497165 on my list: Hello Apparently this update is for INTEL processors. My processor is an AMD processor and yet this is getting ready to download onto my system. I don't know what "microcodes" are and it says to make sure your processor is one listed. Why am I being offered an update...
  1. GHacks
Tags: