Windows 10: KB4501375 Black Screen After Restart

Discus and support KB4501375 Black Screen After Restart in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum. It involves both an update issue and BSOD. Several days ago I downloaded and installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Buzzwood, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Buzzwood Win User

KB4501375 Black Screen After Restart

I apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum. It involves both an update issue and BSOD.
    Several days ago I downloaded and installed Windows updates that were available for my system. One of those updates was KB4501375. All went well until I restarted my system as instructed. I got the dreaded black screen with spinning dots. I waited about 1/2 hour before shutting down by pushing my power button. I attempted to restart only to get the same results.
    I had made a recovery disk about a week before this and attempted to use that on restart, but could not get it to work. I was able to push the power on and off until computer went into automatic repair mode. But after the attempted repairs it went back to the black screen. I used the power on and off method until I finally got the WinRe Screen to come up, and used my System Image I had made after updating to 1903. This gave me my computer back. I have tried researching for anyone having these same issues. I know it has to be the KB4501375 Update. I found one reference to a possible outdated display driver may be the fault. I checked mine through Device Manager and it said I had the latest and greatest. I went to Intel and found that there was indeed an update. So I installed it and reattempted KB4501375. Same black screen resulted.
    I have ran Update Troubleshooter with no problems shown.
    Finally I attempted to download and install KB4501375 from the update catalog. Same results. I also ran the sfc command scan after restoring my system again with my System Image and it shows corrupted files it could not fix. I'm not sure how to read the log but the files concerned seem to be associated with Windows Defender Powershell.
    I am at a loss as where to go from here. I was hoping I would not have to reset my computer and lose all my video programs I use (Many of which are not available anymore) So far I have delayed all updates until the latest date I could get. Can anyone offer any other suggestions. Thanks in advance.

:)

Buzzwood, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 9, 2019
  3. Computer randomly has black screen and restarts

Taco this could be software also. Before you get all crazy, do as Erocker suggested. Find out the error in the Event Viewer. Look for the faulting module and the error code itself. Also check the reliability monitor. At the bottom it will have "View all Error Reports". Post a screen of whats in there if anything.

This could be a simple as a bad driver install.

ALSO have you downloaded or installed anything lately? STAY OUT OF THE DAMN BIOS UNTIL WE KNOW THE ERROR! lol. I know you. Baby steps boy, baby steps.

TheMailMan78, Jul 9, 2019
  4. KB4501375 Black Screen After Restart

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

KB4501375 Black Screen After Restart

1. KB4501375 Black Screen After Restart - Similar Threads - KB4501375 Black Screen

2. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black screen after restart: When I was resetting the laptop after the reset was completed then at installation there was a request to restart the laptop and there's one issue earlier with the laptop that once it goes for power off while restarting it does not starts on its own is just shows black screen...
  3. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after restart: When I was resetting the laptop after the reset was completed then at installation there was a request to restart the laptop and there's one issue earlier with the laptop that once it goes for power off while restarting it does not starts on its own is just shows black screen...
  4. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black Screen after Restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen after Restart: I recently reformatted windows 10 on my dell latitude 5590. Everything went smoothly, got all drivers updated and softwares reinstalled. Ever since I've had ONE issue only that I have never experienced before. I've researched and tried just about everything for almost 2...
  6. Black screen after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen after restart: My computer was recently updated a few days ago. It was working as it would until yesterday. It powers on but a black screen appears and the keyboard is frozen. The only key working is the power button. I have tried many things with no success. Any help is much appreciated....
  7. KB4501375

in Windows 10 Customization
    KB4501375: I recently downloaded KB4501375, and still, it says on settings that there is an additional update. Which is KB4501375. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4501375/284e2622-2b74-4c6b-b78c-334a26bdf990
  8. KB4501375 update not loading after restarting computer

KB4501375 update not loading after restarting computer: Have been trying to install latest update KB4501375 down loads but when asked to restart , after restart computer goes to 30% load then restarts computer but then goes into black screen with spinning dots and have to remove down load , reset to previous time , happens all...
  9. KB4501375 update not loading after restarting computer

KB4501375 update not loading after restarting computer: Have been trying to install latest update KB4501375 down loads but when asked to restart , after restart computer goes to 30% load then restarts computer but then goes into black screen with spinning dots and have to remove down load , reset to previous time , happens all...
  10. Black screen after RESTART.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black screen after RESTART.: Hello, I have made a complete, fresh install of Windows 10 Pro on HP 6300 Microtower. During the installation process, Windows 10 restarted and... I saw black screen for quite a long time. So I held POWER button for 5 seconds, PC turned off... Turned it on again...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. restart windows black screen

2. black screen after restarting computer