Windows 10: KB4503294 unable to shutdown from start menu

Discus and support KB4503294 unable to shutdown from start menu in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; KB4503294 install for Windows 10 version 14393.3053 has lost the options for Sleep, Shutdown, Restart, when clicking start and the power icon. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by CFinders, Jun 20, 2019.

1. CFinders Win User

KB4503294 unable to shutdown from start menu

KB4503294 install for Windows 10 version 14393.3053 has lost the options for Sleep, Shutdown, Restart, when clicking start and the power icon. Can still shutdown by right clicking on start or by using ctrl-alt-del.

:)

CFinders, Jun 20, 2019
  2. NickJP Win User

Shutdown from start menu now restarting

System is Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1607 build 14393.321. Ever since the latest cumulative update to this build, I find that about half the time that I select Shutdown from the start menu, I actually get a reboot instead. If I use the command line shutdown.exe -s instead, so far that has not had the same problem.

Any suggestions on why the problem with shutdown off the start menu?

NickJP, Jun 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Start menu is empty

Hi. Steps 1 and 2 didn't do much but step 3 has restored what looks like the list of original Microsoft apps but no sign of any of the many apps I have installed. And there are no tiles in the start menu. Any suggestions please?

LesGrant42, Jun 20, 2019
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Unable to personalize tiles in Start menu Windows 10

Hi Slobodan,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Which is the build installed in your computer?
    • Have you installed all pending Windows updates?
    • Are you facing this issue in Microsoft Account or Local Account?
    I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

Go to Start and then
    Settings.

Click on Update and Recovery.

Check for updates under
    Windows Updates.

Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer the steps to know the latest build in your computer.

• Click on Start button and select Settings.
    • Click on System and select About.
    You may also refer the link suggested by Ramesh Srinivasan on February 20, 2016
    and follow the steps suggested.

Lost "Pin to Start Screen" and other options, can't drag icon to Start

Do let us know if you are still unable to personalize start menu. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

1. KB4503294 unable to shutdown from start menu - Similar Threads - KB4503294 unable shutdown

2. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop: Hi I don't know how this problem appear, because I didn't install anything, I didn't update the windows 10 but it has the last updates, I didn't plug any external storage, also I have Kaspersky. When I shutdown from the start menu and from other ways like alt+f4, the laptop...
  3. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop: Hi I don't know how this problem appear, because I didn't install anything, I didn't update the windows 10 but it has the last updates, I didn't plug any external storage, also I have Kaspersky. When I shutdown from the start menu and from other ways like alt+f4, the laptop...
  4. Shutdown from the start menu perform a reset on the laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Shutdown from the start menu is slower

Shutdown from the start menu is slower: Recently there was an update which now forces the power button in the start menu to create an animation before allowing you to choose between "Sleep", "Shutdown", "Restart". This slows down the shutdown process by a second - not much but very annoying. Before it was:...
  6. windows 10 shutdown from start menu not working

windows 10 shutdown from start menu not working: The shutdown option from the start menu is just straight up not working. Once pressed, it takes a solid 5 minutes for the actual "Shuting down" screen to appear. I've done every conceivable troubleshooting measure possible: chkdsk, sfc/scannow, new RAM, new hard drive, new...
  7. Unable to access email from Start Menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to access email from Start Menu: I cannot get my email to come up from the start up menu ***Modified title from: email access*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-email-from-start-menu/e613ddd4-4860-4911-bdda-f87d55a988d7
  8. Shutdown from start menu now restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown from start menu now restarting: System is Windows 10 Pro x64, version 1607 build 14393.321. Ever since the latest cumulative update to this build, I find that about half the time that I select Shutdown from the start menu, I actually get a reboot instead. If I use the command line shutdown.exe -s instead,...
  9. Windows Will Not Sleep or Shutdown from Start Menu

Windows Will Not Sleep or Shutdown from Start Menu: Hello! I can't get my PC to go to Sleep, or Shutdown using any of the typically proper methods. When I try to shutdown the PC it starts to shutdown, screen goes black and then wakes back up to the login screen. I have gone through and disabled all of the devices that might...
  10. Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Launch Apps from Start Menu: I just upgraded from 10049 to 10061 using Windows Update and found that I cannot launch apps I have pinned to the Start Menu. 'This PC' was the first I tried and then several folders and applications I use often do no open when I try to open them from the Start Menu. I get a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows10 unable shutdown self reboot

2. kb4503294 shutdown

3. KB4503294 problems

4. kb4503294 wont install,
  5. KB4503294 install,
  6. kb4503294