Windows 10: kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes

Discus and support kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a VM running on Virtual Box on Linux, the windows OS is Windows 10 Professional (version: 10.0.15063) Build 15063 I am trying to patch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PeterRietmann1, Sep 5, 2019.

1. kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes

Hi

I have a VM running on Virtual Box on Linux, the windows OS is Windows 10 Professional (version: 10.0.15063) Build 15063

I am trying to patch this for the DejaBlue by installing KB4512507 https://support.

I have successfully installed the latest service Stack SSU (KB4509092) as instructed.

I then install the KB4512507 for x64 as instructed and it completes.

In windows update it states it requires a reboot to complete.

kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes [​IMG]

On restart I have the message

"We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes"

Eventually windows loads, after login the same message "Requires a restart..."

After restart again windows starts normally , the KB4512507 is not installed.

Are there other dependencies required ? any help ?

:)

PeterRietmann1, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

We couldn't complete the updated, undoing changes...

Hi,

I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Update. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Windows update.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the
      top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Windows Update troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 5, 2019
  3. marius-O Win User
    Windows 10: "We couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes"

I've got the same issue and following on @Arthur's suggestion, I had a look at my user SIDs in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList and some of them belonged to users that no longer existed in the system (I had previously removed them).

I've removed the dummy entries (luckily there were only a couple) and the update worked.

PLEASE save yourself some trouble and backup the registry before trying that.

marius-O, Sep 5, 2019
  4. kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes

Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Hi,

If you receive We couldn’t complete the updates, Undoing changes, Don’t turn off your computer message, and your Windows 10/8/7 PC is stuck in a loop, then this post may help you.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/we-couldnt-comple...

Please let me know, if that helps.

Kind Regards:

Yank M

MALIK YASIRNAWAZ, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes

1. kb4512507 - We couldn't complete the update - undoing changes - Similar Threads - kb4512507 couldn't complete

2. We couldn’t complete the updates, undoing changes.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    We couldn’t complete the updates, undoing changes.: I’ve already tried resetting my windows. In windows update settings there is error showing: ‘Your device is missing important security and quality fixes’. PC info: OS Build 17763.316 Version: 1809 After resetting windows, windows updates which I can see in control...
  3. "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Couldn't Complete Update, Undoing Changes": Hey there, new to this sub. Last night my PC updated. When I tried to log on this morning, my PC made it to 87%, hovered there, and then gave me the error message from the title. I then restarted and did it all over again. I'm not very experienced with computers, so any...
  4. Re; We couldn't complete the update, Undoing Changes; Upgrading to build 10041

Re; We couldn't complete the update, Undoing Changes; Upgrading to build 10041: We couldn't complete the update, Undoing Changes; Upgrading to build 10041 By: Rain Kristofe It shows that: Step 3. Type: net stop wuaserv and press the Enter key WUASERV IS SPELT WRONG IT SHOULD BE: "WUAUSERV" the second "U" is missing, when I just copy and pasted...
  5. we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes windows windows on update KB4497934

we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes windows windows on update KB4497934: after windows update KB4497934 . then system automatically restarted. then after updating 44% then it is showing we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes windows . [ATTACH] 3.it is repeating like this 2 or 3 times . 4.then home screen is coming . 5.atlast...
  6. We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer

We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer: I got failed after patching KB4494440 on my Win10 box. It went all good on patching and rebooting, but when OS started up at the final moment, it shows as "We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer" at screen, and they roll back the...
  7. we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer

we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer: In Windows Update, when attempting to update to Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1809 x-64 KB4495667, it fails every time, after restarting my pc it shows this message (we couldn't complete the updates undoing changes don't turn off your computer). How can I solve...
  8. We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes and volume display stays on in top left...

We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes and volume display stays on in top left...: Updating wont work for months now, and the stupid volume display in the top left is always on now and wont go away..... 2018-10 cumulative update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems ( kb4462919) (2) Failed 0x800f0922 2018-09 cumulative update for windows 10...
  9. Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes"

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update KB3081424: "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes": This is the first cumulative update and it's not working. The update downloads, then on reboot, it begins the installation, then, "We couldn't complete the updates. Undoing changes. " It also strangely goes into a cycle of restarting numerous times and repeating the...
  10. KB4093112 We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4093112 We couldn't complete the updates undoing changes: Thanks Jeff! I did a clean installation of Windows 10 Home version 1709 on a MSI GE72 notebook and the update KB4093112 was installing in a loop (7 times). Then I did the upgrade with the Media Creation Tool and everything looks good now.