Windows 10: KB4512534 for Windows 10 version 1809 fixes VB bug and more

Discus and support KB4512534 for Windows 10 version 1809 fixes VB bug and more in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4512534 for its Windows 10 version 1809 operating system on August 17, 2019. The update follows the release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Aug 18, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

KB4512534 for Windows 10 version 1809 fixes VB bug and more

Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4512534 for its Windows 10 version 1809 operating system on August 17, 2019.

The update follows the release of the updates KB4517297 for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2,
    KB4517298 for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2, and KB4512494 for Windows 10 version 1709 which the company released on August 16, 2019.

KB4512534 is available on Windows Update, as a direct download on the Microsoft Update Catalog website, and on WSUS for organizations.

Note: We recommend that you back up the system partition before you install any updates on Windows machines. You may use free tools such as Macrium Reflect or Paragon Backup & Recovery Free for that.

KB4512534

KB4512534 for Windows 10 version 1809 fixes VB bug and more KB4512534-windows-10-1809.png

Important links

The cumulative update fixes the VB bug that Microsoft acknowledged shortly after the release of the August 2019 Patch Day for Windows. The update addresses the long-standing Preboot Execution Environment issue as well.

Here is the list of fixes and changes in the release:

• Fixed an issue with Windows Hello not working after restarts.
    • Improved reliability of push notifications about app deployments to Microsoft HoloLens 1 devices.
    • Fixed an issue with downloading DRM files from certain websites in Edge an IE.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the Universal C Runtime Library from returning proper time zone global variables values.
    • Fixed a Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) issue that caused it to stop responding under certain conditions.
    • Fixed a default keyboard issue that affected the English Cyprus (en-cy) locale.
    • Fixed a Microsoft Edge printing issue so that PDF documents with portrait and landscape pages print correctly.
    • Fixed another issue with PDF documents configured to be opened only once in Microsoft Edge.
    • Addressed performance issues for the Win32 subsystem and Desktop Window Manager.
    • Fixed an input and display of special characters issue when application used imm32.dll.
    • Addressed a composition leak in UWP apps.
    • Fixed a memory leak in dwm.exe that could lead to loss of functionality and cause a device to stop working.
    • Fixed an automatic sign-in issue that affected the bypass Shift-key.
    • Fixed a reporting issue in the Windows Management Instrumentation class Win32_PhysicalMemory.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented App-V applications from opening.
    • Fixed a User Experience Virtualization issue that prevented exclusion paths from working correctly.
    • Fixed a Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection issue that caused the program to prevent others from accessing certain files.
    • Fixed an issue that caused workstations to stop working when users signed in using an updated user principal name.
    • Fixed a Windows Defender Application Control issue that prevented third-party binaries to be loaded from UWP applications.
    • Fixed a Trusted Platform Module issue that prevented TPM devices from being used for Next Generation Credentials.
    • Fixed an issue that caused applications on a container host to lose connectivity.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented some users from receiving a TTL value when being added as members of Shadow Principals.
    • Addressed an issue with the disabled attribute of the input element, which didn’t allow a scope to be passed to the authorization endpoint.
    • Fixed a leak issue in Windows notification sockets that caused the operating system to run out of ports.
    • Fixed a server edition authentication issue.
    • Fixed an issue that could break domain trust when the Recycle Bin was configured on the domain that carried the trust.
    • Increased the number of supported interrupts per device to 512 on systems that have x2APIC enabled.
    • Fixed the Preboot Execution Environment issue.
    • Fixed the VB issue.
    Known Issues

Microsoft lists four known updates (down from six). All known issues are not new.

• Certain operations on Cluster Shared Volumes may fail.
    • Errors on devices with certain Asian language packs installed.
    • Black screen on first logon after update installation issue.
    • Apps and scripts that use the NetQueryDisplayInformation API or the WinNT provider equivalent may only return 50 or 100 entries.

Now You: Have you installed the new update (updates) that Microsoft released in August? What is your experience so far?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks/). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post KB4512534 for Windows 10 version 1809 fixes VB bug and more appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Aug 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2019
  3. VBS Msgbox

Denis,

• I was too lazy to compute the size programmatically. And, it the 2005 version the message box always came up hidden, so I always used 0 for the top. It's also part of my OCD to be able to control everything.
    • I personally don't need it to timeout. I used this in vbs files to ask to continue to the next step, skip the next step or cancel the vbs. BTW, I added the code back in but keep it assign it to 0.
    • Sound was calling Windows Media Player: WshShell.Run "C:\Users\donast\desktop\sndrec32.lnk",7,false the lnk is a shortcut on my old desktop that had: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe"
      "C:\Users\Public\Music\Wavefiles\Twilight.wav"
    • Yes. The value is the number of the button in the order specified when calling it.
    • Never really thought about it as all my VBS/VBA code is relatively simple and I add comments in the file as necessary to remind me what is going on. I don't usually have anyone to share my code.
    FYI I use a VBS to call it. Here's a line from a test vbs I use to run your version:

choice=Wshshell.run("custommsgbox.vbs " & wscript.scriptname & " ""CopyFiles.vbs done. Continue with UnArchVista.vbs?"" ""White"" ""Black"" 40 ""Yes"" ""No"" ""Cancel""",1,true)

Copy it to a text editor to see all the spaces, etc. Took me a while back the to figure it out.

Don

DRARetired, Aug 18, 2019
  4. KB4512534 for Windows 10 version 1809 fixes VB bug and more

Windows version 1809

The only real way to find out if 1809 still has bugs is to install it.

Microsoft released it before & it was full of nasty bugs.

Can you trust Microsoft to tell people the truth ?

DavidBaileyyz, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

KB4512534 for Windows 10 version 1809 fixes VB bug and more

1. KB4512534 for Windows 10 version 1809 fixes VB bug and more - Similar Threads - KB4512534 version 1809

2. First updates released that fix the Windows VB bugs

in Windows 10 News
    First updates released that fix the Windows VB bugs: Microsoft released updates for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows 10 version 1709, as well as Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 and 2012 R2 that addresses the recently discovered Visual Basic bug. The company released the monthly security updates for Windows and other...
  3. Bug affects Windows 10 version 1809 shutdown and sleep negatively

in Windows 10 News
    Bug affects Windows 10 version 1809 shutdown and sleep negatively: Devices with Windows 10 version 1809 may take a prolonged time (60 seconds) to shut down or enter sleep mode because of a newly discovered bug.Microsoft employee Philip Froese confirmed the bug on Microsoft's Tech Community website. The issue affects devices with connected...
  4. WINDOWS 10 1809 bugs

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WINDOWS 10 1809 bugs: start menu tiles are resetting to its defaults after shutting down pc . And also full screen mode of start menu is not working after the windows 10 1809 update. Why is that ?...
  5. Is there a permanent fix to the no audio bug in Win 10 1809?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a permanent fix to the no audio bug in Win 10 1809?: I've uninstalled and reinstalled every driver constantly, tried the high definition default driver, manufacturer driver, and all that happens is that it works until I shut down and reboot the system. Then i have to repeat the process. I've had the most up to date drivers...
  6. Windows 10 version 1809 Mapped Driver and other bugs could be fixed in December

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 version 1809 Mapped Driver and other bugs could be fixed in December: Microsoft has already addressed the critical issues in Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) and the company is testing another patch for the operating system which will fix all kind of glitches. Earlier this month, Microsoft acknowledged a bug in Windows 10 version...
  7. Look! Windows 10 version 1809 has even more issues

in Windows 10 News
    Look! Windows 10 version 1809 has even more issues: Microsoft, finally, updated the update history support page for Windows 10 version 1809 on the company website. The page highlights the network mapping issue that users may experience after installation of the new version of Windows 10 and two additional issues that we did...
  8. Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the October 2018 Update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1809, on October 2, 2018 to the public. The update is not pushed out automatically through Windows Update but requires that users and administrators install it manually for the time being....
  9. why not more patches for installed 1809 versions

why not more patches for installed 1809 versions: I am running the release version of 1809 as of october 3rd, updated once to version 17763.55. Was not bothered with the "missing files" bug. So i am happily using it. However... Since there are several other bugs reported on the internet and as it seems that Microsoft...
  10. why no more patches for installed 1809 versions

why no more patches for installed 1809 versions: I am running the release version of 1809 as of october 3rd, updated once to version 17763.55. Was not bothered with the "missing files" bug. So i am happily using it. However... Since there are several other bugs reported on the internet and as it seems that Microsoft...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4512534

2. cannot run vbs in windows 10 1809

3. lost Wifi KB4512534

4. windows 10 1809 bug fixes,
  5. patch kb4512534 ,
  6. KB4517297,
  7. KB4512534 windows10,
  8. kb4512534 visual basic,
  9. KB4512534 for its Windows 10 version 1809