Windows 10: KB4517211 causes VMware Workstation Pro 14.1.7 to fail

Discus and support KB4517211 causes VMware Workstation Pro 14.1.7 to fail in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Good morning, I have discovered that my installation of three updates on Saturday September 28 2019 has caused the failure of VMware Workstation Pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GuyMeakin, Oct 1, 2019.

1. GuyMeakin Win User

KB4517211 causes VMware Workstation Pro 14.1.7 to fail

Good morning,

I have discovered that my installation of three updates on Saturday September 28 2019 has caused the failure of VMware Workstation Pro 14.1.7 to start. On Sunday, when I attempted to run VMware Workstation, it produced a Notification that said "VMware Workstation Pro can't run on Windows".

Luckily, I was able to find that, when I uninstalled the three updates, it was the uninstallation of KB4517211 that allowed VMware to run.

Now, this morning, KB4517211 has installed itself autonomously - I thought that should not happen any more - and VMware again "can't run".

So, once again uninstall KB4517211, restart and VMware can now run. Microsoft Updates now paused for 7 days.

I would like someone to tell VMware about this: I cannot find a way to do it myself. Even better if Microsoft and VMware can sort this out.

I hope that this post is not unnecessarily duplicating news from others: this is the first time I have posted anything, so don't really know where (or how) to do it.

Happy days, Guy

:)

GuyMeakin, Oct 1, 2019
  2. DanV64 Win User

Update 1903 refuses to install, reason VMWare Workstation Pro 10

Hi Igor,

I was maybe not clear: the 1903 update cannot be done.

At "Status: installing -25%" I get a message that VMWare Workstation Pro is outdated.

If I try to continue the Windows update, it always stops on the VMWare message. It shows 2 main links. One of the links leads to the site of VMWare and invites to download VMWare Player 14 (which does not support Windows 2000). The other one tells me that
    the concerned "app" has to be updated or uninstalled.

My aim: continue de Windows Pro update 1903 without updating or uninstalling VMWare Workstation Pro 10.

Kind regards

Dan

DanV64, Oct 1, 2019
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Vmware workstation rel 14 out

Hi there
    vmware rel 14 out ( I guess they skipped V13 !!!)

has a load of new features including Unity support for W10 , New CPU support, new guest OS support for various OS'es, support for latest V4 Linux kernels (both HOST and GUEST OS'es) etc.

here's a link to documentation of new features

VMware Workstation 14Â*Pro Release Notes

(there's also the upgrade for vmware player users too).

Note 64 bit only though. You can of course run 32 bit guests.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Vmware workstation rel 14 out

Did google search to see if you could run a virtual pc on 32bit, and this reference to the old Virtual PC made me laugh

Download Windows Virtual PC from Official Microsoft Download Center

"Windows Virtual PC is the latest Microsoft virtualization technology. You can use it to run more than one operating system at the same time on one computer, and to run many productivity applications on a virtual Windows environment, with a single click, directly from a computer running Windows 7."

I think that page is a touch out of date - LOL!

cereberus, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

1. KB4517211 causes VMware Workstation Pro 14.1.7 to fail - Similar Threads - KB4517211 causes VMware

2. Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro: So I ran a Windows 10 LTSC and Windows 11 VM on my laptop. It started to glitch and have screen tearing when moving windows around I have VMware tools installed.It happens when I am not in fullscreen mode and in exclusive mode but not in full screen mode with the toolbar not...
  3. Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange screen tearing in VMware Workstation Pro: So I ran a Windows 10 LTSC and Windows 11 VM on my laptop. It started to glitch and have screen tearing when moving windows around I have VMware tools installed.It happens when I am not in fullscreen mode and in exclusive mode but not in full screen mode with the toolbar not...
  4. Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with VMware Workstation 16 Pro: This program was working perfectly fine a few months ago and after updating Windows 10 now is not working. What is the problem? Is there going to be a Fix soon?...
  5. Problem With Run VMware Workstation 14 and its Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem With Run VMware Workstation 14 and its Player: Hi there, Some Minutes ago I ran VMware Workstation 14 and Windows gave me an error I attach its error below. And When I click to 'Get Help Online' Button I Redirect to...
  6. Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open VMware Workstation Pro 15: Hi there, I downloaded VMware workstation pro a few days ago & I am not able to open it. When I try to, windows basically tells me that VMware Workstation Pro couldn't be run under windows and that I should look for updates. After a bit of research if found out that this...
  7. Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with installing VMware Workstation Pro for Windows: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help�� Hey Guys, on you windows defender settings, under "ransomware...
  8. Installing vmware workstation pro error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing vmware workstation pro error: I am trying to install app name VMware workstation pro from edge but when i am running the setup,it shows me"an error occurred while attempting to create directory: C:\Users\Public\Desktop" please help...
  9. Vmware workstation rel 14 out

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Vmware workstation rel 14 out: Hi there vmware rel 14 out ( I guess they skipped V13 !!!) has a load of new features including Unity support for W10 , New CPU support, new guest OS support for various OS'es, support for latest V4 Linux kernels (both HOST and GUEST OS'es) etc. here's a link to...
  10. Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Device Guard + VMware Workstation Pro 12.5: Hi All I'm hoping someone who knows something about Device Guard and virtualisation can help me with a question I have. I recently rebuilt my desktop with Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit Creators Update. I use VMware Workstation Pro 12.5 daily for my work from home. One...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4517211 VMware

2. vmware workstation pro 12 not working windows 10 1903

3. windows 10 1903 vmware 12.5

4. kb4517211 broke vmware workstation 14