Windows 10: KB4517211 Crashes Browsers When Attempting to Print

Discus and support KB4517211 Crashes Browsers When Attempting to Print in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed KB4517211 this morning. After doing so, I could not print from either Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome without the browser crashing. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Da Hokester, Sep 29, 2019.

1. KB4517211 Crashes Browsers When Attempting to Print

I installed KB4517211 this morning. After doing so, I could not print from either Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome without the browser crashing. My printer is HP OfficeJet Pro 6968. I uninstalled the update and all normal printing functions returned. I repeated the above by reinstalling the update and attempting the print function in the browsers. Once again, it was broke. Thus, I uninstalled the update a second time and now all is well. I have paused updates for 7 days hoping this issue will be fixed within that time frame. I have also reported the bug in the Feedback Hub. Has anyone else noted this new behavior?

:)

Da Hokester, Sep 29, 2019
  2. TinaPatno Win User

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now I try to print and the browser crashes

I upgraded to Windows 10 and now I try to print and the browser crashes. Any suggestions?

TinaPatno, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Internet Explorer will not print, No errors. Print preview crashes the browser.

Print preview crashes the browser.

You should be able to get some details about a crash which could include what is loaded in the failing task. Looks like a next step could be testing in a safe mode boot or otherwise beginning some clean boot troubleshooting.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Sep 29, 2019
  4. KB4517211 Crashes Browsers When Attempting to Print

Browser Tab Crashing

Hi,

Corrupted browser cache and extensions are some of the things that can cause your browser to crash. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?
    • Have you tried using a different browser other than the ones mentioned above? If yes, did you encounter the same error?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've performed to resolve your concern?

To rule out any performance issues, we suggest that you replicate your concern while you're in the clean boot environment and check if the issue persists. To do this, follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

KB4517211 Crashes Browsers When Attempting to Print

1. KB4517211 Crashes Browsers When Attempting to Print - Similar Threads - KB4517211 Crashes Browsers

2. Lag/crashing when attempting to print documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag/crashing when attempting to print documents: Whenever I attempt to print documents, images etc from Word my laptop will lag or freeze. Trying to print from other programs separate from Word such as PDFs opened in Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft-Edge results in the same issue, the page "not responding" and or crashing....
  3. Lag/crashing when attempting to print documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag/crashing when attempting to print documents: Whenever I attempt to print documents, images etc from Word my laptop will lag or freeze. Trying to print from other programs separate from Word such as PDFs opened in Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft-Edge results in the same issue, the page "not responding" and or crashing....
  4. Crash when printing on any browser

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Crash when printing on any browser: My occupation requires me to print many documents from the browser I am using Google Chrome. Recently, I find myself not able to print anything from the browser after I updated the latest windows version, it just keep crashing when I try printing. The stop code is...
  5. All browsers crash when generating print preview of a PDF prior to printing. Can't print

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All browsers crash when generating print preview of a PDF prior to printing. Can't print: Hello- I updated both my Chrome and MS Edge browsers. I updated my drivers for my HP OfficeJet5255. I have restarted my computer. I have run diagnostics. Yet, when ever I try to print a PDF to one of by browsers, it circles for ever trying to generating a print...
  6. When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I attempt to save a image save a image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes.: When I attempt to save an image save an image as in a browser, it crashes sometimes. The app icons below in my toolbar go invisible minus a few and the browser doesn't allow for saving the image or any image still for a while until the file explorer randomly pops up later and...
  7. Update kb4517211 breaks cortona

Update kb4517211 breaks cortona: After update with kb4517211 my printer spooler, display available network, volume control, pdf, search box and cortana and a couple other things stopped working. I decided to uninstall that update and all functions came back except search box and cortana. Under powershell I...
  8. my browsers crash when I try to print

my browsers crash when I try to print: why are my browsers crashing when I try to print https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-browsers-crash-when-i-try-to-print/42b893c3-f0f5-4b39-b7e8-ec51e6852a8e
  9. Windows 10 freezes/hangs when restarting on installing KB4517211

Windows 10 freezes/hangs when restarting on installing KB4517211: The screen and mouse just freeze and I have to turn off at the power button manually and then back on again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freezeshangs-when-restarting-on/40aadee9-05c7-41f4-84e0-2833e59ada97
  10. Win32kfull.sys error when attempting to print

Win32kfull.sys error when attempting to print: When I attempt to print from Microsoft word, everything looks find after I click the print icon but after going back to the view of the document, I receive the Win32full.sys error. I have attempted several reboots to no avail....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4517211

2. browser print crash

3. chrome bug crash when trying to print 2019

4. KB4517211 printer,
  5. printing issues following KB4517211,
  6. KB4517211 spooler crash