Windows 10: KB4517389 is destroying my PC functionality and I cannot get rid of it.

Discus and support KB4517389 is destroying my PC functionality and I cannot get rid of it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; KB4517389 is a Windows update that causes my PC to lock up every 2 hours and disables most forms of video playback. I have uninstalled it 4 times,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ob1kenoby, Jan 1, 2020.

1. Ob1kenoby Win User

KB4517389 is destroying my PC functionality and I cannot get rid of it.

KB4517389 is a Windows update that causes my PC to lock up every 2 hours and disables most forms of video playback.

I have uninstalled it 4 times, which is difficult because the Windows uninstall an update feature doesn't work on it.

It also makes System Restore fail. All restore points try and fail. Even in safe mode.

Every time I uninstall it, it reinstalls itself, even with pause updates turned on.

I have tried uninstalling most other programs and even disabled all 3rd party background functions, as well as performed all hardware diagnostics and system repair options. The system will even fail if I leave it on the login screen and do not log in.

Every time I ask Microsoft all their technicians do is give me useless release notes or tell me how to install it, but never how to remove it.

How can I permanently remove this poison from my system and not spend 3 days a week fighting for a functional PC?

:)

Ob1kenoby, Jan 1, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 1, 2020
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 1, 2020
  4. KB4517389 is destroying my PC functionality and I cannot get rid of it.

search function

Hello,

A possible cause of this issue is a corrupted index. To help you resolve the issue, we suggest rebuilding the
    Windows Search Index. Rebuilding the
    Windows Search Index will get rid of corruptions. For the steps on how to perform this procedure, please follow the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type Indexing Options.
    • Select Indexing Options.
    • Click Advanced. Click Yes, if prompted or enter the administrative password.
    • Go to Index Settings tab.
    • Click Rebuild.
    • Wait for the process to finish.
    The process may take a while to finish depending on your PC.

Please respond back with the results.

Devlin Sco, Jan 1, 2020
Thema:

KB4517389 is destroying my PC functionality and I cannot get rid of it.

1. KB4517389 is destroying my PC functionality and I cannot get rid of it. - Similar Threads - KB4517389 destroying functionality

2. I cannot get rid of my system administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot get rid of my system administrator: I cannot not matter what I try to get rid of my system administrator. I just wanted my account so when I boot my computer I am prompted with my login option. The last person to use this computer is no longer with the company so has no idea what her password was. Therefore...
  3. I cannot get rid of my system administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot get rid of my system administrator: I cannot not matter what I try to get rid of my system administrator. I just wanted my account so when I boot my computer I am prompted with my login option. The last person to use this computer is no longer with the company so has no idea what her password was. Therefore...
  4. Cannot get rid of this trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get rid of this trojan: basically, i was using my pc and then i check my window security and then there is a trojan called "Trojan:Win32/MpTamperBulkExcel.H" and i cannot get rid of it, i tried full scan, offline scan and even clean my temp file.additional info : here this is the affected item,...
  5. i bought and laptop form a school and i cannot get rid of its administrator function.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought and laptop form a school and i cannot get rid of its administrator function.: 1. Can you provide more information about the administrator function on your laptop? What specific actions are you unable to perform? 2. Have you tried reaching out to the school from which you purchased the laptop for assistance with removing the administrator function? 3....
  6. i bought and laptop form a school and i cannot get rid of its administrator function.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i bought and laptop form a school and i cannot get rid of its administrator function.: 1. Can you provide more information about the administrator function on your laptop? What specific actions are you unable to perform? 2. Have you tried reaching out to the school from which you purchased the laptop for assistance with removing the administrator function? 3....
  7. There are something on my Laptop and I cannot get rid of it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    There are something on my Laptop and I cannot get rid of it.: Recently I am downloading games for Steam. I find it the downloading speed is really slow and I open edge to check on it. And my edge settings are gone wrong, from a default English interface change into a Czech language then Bulgarian then Praha, there is a cookies agreement...
  8. Cannot install windows update kb4517389

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install windows update kb4517389: I have tried installing kb4517389 update multiple times but i get an error every time. I even tried manually updating but even that failed. Its been 2 weeks now and i still cannot update my system....
  9. KB4517389

in Windows 10 Customization
    KB4517389: KB4517389 cannot be uninstalled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4517389/d5372913-d5f2-4588-8409-f1ca4436b6df
  10. KB4517389

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4517389: Not a question so much as my solution and my complaint. I queried to community about problems I was having with this update and got many suggestions but the only one that worked was to go into my update history and delete it. As we all know, this isn't the first time that...
Tags: