Windows 10: KB4517389 Win10 Update broke Bluetooth

Discus and support KB4517389 Win10 Update broke Bluetooth in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running windows 10 pro 64 bit, my computer is at this update, and it broke bluetooth completely. I have done ALL the scans: dism scans, sfc scans,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MuniOnp, Oct 9, 2019.

1. MuniOnp Win User

KB4517389 Win10 Update broke Bluetooth

I am running windows 10 pro 64 bit, my computer is at this update, and it broke bluetooth completely. I have done ALL the scans: dism scans, sfc scans, chkdsk scans, even tried reinstalling the intel bluetooth software, not even a repair install of windows 10 using the media creation tool (downloaded an ISO with it) did anything, nothing has fixed this. Bluetooth does not show on a clean boot, or any kind of safe mode boot at all by the way

One thing that is weird, is after I tried checking the device manager on **** is going on, it shows a broke entry under the USB controllers called "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". I can only guess, but perhaps THAT is my bluetooth, and this update erroneously reassigned my bluetooth as a usb controller

I have NOT done a clean install of windows 10, and I will NOT do so unless my computer breaks beyond the point of ANY kind of solution will fix

:)

MuniOnp, Oct 9, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Oct 9, 2019
  3. caperjack Win User
    bluetooth headphones

setting up win10 Bluetooth and my Bluetooth headphones work fine ,but every time I reconnect the headphones I have to delete them from Bluetooth settings and let win10 pickup the headphones again ,before they will pair ,then win10 want to reboot to add the headphones ,I reboot and they work fine ,but next time I plug the headphone in again they will not pair ,don't even get an option to pair till I delete the head phones from the list ,, any suggestions ,, thank

caperjack, Oct 9, 2019
  4. KB4517389 Win10 Update broke Bluetooth

Logitech M557 Bluetooth is not disoverable after upgrafing to Win10

Hi William,

In addition to the above steps, I would suggest you to check if Bluetooth Support service is started.

• Press Windows key + R
    • Type services.msc and press
      Ok
    • Find Bluetooth Support Service
    • Start it and set it as
      Automatic

Do keep us updated.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

KB4517389 Win10 Update broke Bluetooth

1. KB4517389 Win10 Update broke Bluetooth - Similar Threads - KB4517389 Win10 Update

2. Windows update KB4517389

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KB4517389: Windows update KB4517389 has "Successfully Installed" 9 times since Oct 8. Why does it continue to download and install when it says it has been installed successfully? I have Windows 10 Pro on a Toshiba laptop and use MS Edge....
  3. KB4517389

KB4517389: Not a question so much as my solution and my complaint. I queried to community about problems I was having with this update and got many suggestions but the only one that worked was to go into my update history and delete it. As we all know, this isn't the first time that...
  4. latest updates KB4517389 and KB4524147

latest updates KB4517389 and KB4524147: My laptop has been working fine UNTIL these last two updates were installed, now it doesn't want to boot and once it does it runs so slowly that I am seriously thinking of switching to APPLE. What's going on here and what can I do about it?...
  5. Actualization KB4517389

Actualization KB4517389: Se ha instalado la actualizacion KB4517389 en mi PC, durante la instalación de la actualización me envía un mensaje de error con pantalla azul y se reinicia continuando con la instalación, esto sé repitió al menos 3 veces hasta que terminó la instalación, posteriormente no...
  6. Windows 10 boot fail after update KB4517389

Windows 10 boot fail after update KB4517389: Last two day , my Pc startup normal, after windows update completed and system restart, but the problem the os cannot boot up, just stuck at the efi boot screen , I try press F8 select go to safe mode but still fail, auto repair is fail,after I using other pc download the...
  7. Windows 10 update KB4517389 install error

Windows 10 update KB4517389 install error: The latest Windows 10 update KB4517389 fails to install. I get the following 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4517389) Last failed install attempt on ‎10/‎8/‎2019 - 0xd0000034 I have tried running the update multiple...
  8. Windows 10 Insider Update Broke Bluetooth and Won't Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Insider Update Broke Bluetooth and Won't Update: Interested in what Windows Insider has to offer, I decided to join the program. After installing Build 17686rs_prerelease.180603-1447, Bluetooth stopped working. I have tried running the troubleshooter to no avail; I also have tried to update the computer, but got this error:...
  9. Win10 1607 update broke my customizations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 1607 update broke my customizations: Seems the 1607 update is more of an upgrade and many customizations I had previously done have been reset to their default The first one I'm trying to fix is the volume UI. Is there a new way to change the new volume UI to the old style version? I used to be able to...
  10. Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10: After (finally) installing the latest released Cumulative update on my HP Pavilion dv7, Bluetooth no longer functions properly. Playing Music via Bluetooth to my Beatbox Portable is now "choppy" sounding - behaving like my Laptop is too far away for the Bluetooth connection....
Tags: