Windows 10: KB4524147 After install no printer would work.

Discus and support KB4524147 After install no printer would work. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing KB4524147 all of my installed printers were removed. Unable to install printers. Restarted pc, restarted print spooler, still unable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaleKunz, Oct 4, 2019.

1. DaleKunz Win User

KB4524147 After install no printer would work.

After installing KB4524147 all of my installed printers were removed. Unable to install printers. Restarted pc, restarted print spooler, still unable to add printer. Uninstalled KB4524147 rebooted and printers are back and I'm able to print again.

:)

DaleKunz, Oct 4, 2019

2. Printer not working

Hi Terry,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

How have you connected the printer to your computer? Is it wired or wireless connection?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse, Touchpad and Printer drivers check if it works for you.
    Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps to uninstall Mouse and Printer drivers.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and Printer drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Mcd73165 Win User
    Another issue started with HP Envy Photo 6255 Printer

hsehestedt: The problem still happened after uninstalling KB4517211 so I reinstalled it. Then the newer update (KB4524147) was available so I installed it. I noticed after installing KB4524147 that the KB4517211 update was no longer in the Installed Updates list in Programs and Features (Control Panel) View Installed Updates. The KB4524147 may have uninstalled it? Anyhow I just now printed a page and the 1 document(s) pending issue happened again. It's easy enough to clear back to 0 documents pending without a computer reboot. The problem doesn't happen every time I print. It is not a document(s) stuck in queue problem and does not cause the printer not to print when the issue occurs. I kind of wish that I didn't purchase this printer. Bottom line is that I have no idea why this is happening but short of being a pain in the butt I can live with it. I appreciate your support.
    Mark

Mcd73165, Oct 4, 2019
  4. LemP Win User

Printer installation

Although the HP support forum is a good place to ask this question, I have some doubt whether you'll actually get a useful answer. As far as I can see, the main suggestion there is to completely uninstall and reinstall the HP printer software. That may
    or may not work. I didn't notice any positive responses to such suggestions.

If you're willing to take a few more diagnostic steps, perhaps I can suggest something.

How do you want to connect the printer to your computer: USB or wi-fi?

At this point, is anything related to this printer installed? For example:

• Click Start, type Programs and Features into the Search box, and press Enter. If there are any HP-related programs listed here, what are they?
    • Open Devices and Printers. If there are any HP devices shown here, please list them.
    • Still in Devices and Printers, select (click once) any item in the "Printers and Faxes" section. Now click the link at the top for "Print Server Properties." Select the "Drivers" tab. If there are any HP-related items shown here, please list them.
    • Select the "Ports" tab and scroll down past the LPT and COM ports until you get to FILE: . Please list any ports that appear after FILE:
    • Make sure that your OfficeJet 6962 is powered on. Click Start, type Fax and Scan in the Search box, and Press Enter. Click the "Scan" button at the lower left. Click "Tools" in the menu bar and then click either "Scan routing" or "Scan settings." Was
      the scanner selected or not?

LemP, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

1. KB4524147 After install no printer would work. - Similar Threads - KB4524147 install printer

2. Printer offline since windows KB4524147 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer offline since windows KB4524147 update: Since KB452147 update my printer now says offline, works fine with my laptop (not updated), the uninstall option is not there for this update, option for certain other updates to uninstall are there so not a admin rights problem, can anyone help. I have tried uninstalling...
  3. KB4524147 Printer spooler issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4524147 Printer spooler issues: Running windows 10 Home with1903 installed. Update kb4524147 install resulted in print spooler placing printer permanently in offline mode whenever printer job is executed. Stopped spooler, cleared spooler files, restarted spooler.....results in printer showing in idle mode...
  4. KB4524147

KB4524147: I've red some post from users having problems with KB4524147 In my case the KB4524147 break the dns resolution in combination of using open VPN. After installing the update, reboot and connected to my company via ovpn i see my dns server and can rosolve names, a few...
  5. kb4524147

kb4524147: KB 4524147 continuously fails with error 0x800f0988 after going through win 10 support procedures. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4524147/6266109c-075a-4244-8218-a7fa984ff82e
  6. Printing broken after KB4524147

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing broken after KB4524147: Hi All, So I had an issue where after this update, the local print spooler would just crash and not stay running. It was verified and went back to normal after I removed the hotfix. What I saw was that the print spooler would crash and it wouldn't stay running....
  7. After update KB4524147 search no longer working

After update KB4524147 search no longer working: After installing update KB4524147 search isn't working anymore. After installing an update from september I had the same problem only then the taskbar was not working. I removed that and problem was gone. Now taskbar working except for search. This isn't the problem from...
  8. After installing the Update KB4524147 my PC doesn't start.

After installing the Update KB4524147 my PC doesn't start.: After installing the Update KB4524147 my PC doesn't start. Rolled back to an image before this update and blocked this update for 35 days....
  9. Start menu broken after KB4524147

Start menu broken after KB4524147: I'm running windows 10 home 1903.The latest cumulative update kills the start menu for me. Clicking the start button opens up a window saying " Critical error start menu not working,sign out ..." somthing like that . I tried reinstalling all windows store apps via...
  10. Having issues installing KB4524147

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having issues installing KB4524147: I tried to install KB4524147 and got the error 0x800f0845. Would that mean that the update files were corrupted, or do I need to reset? 141807
Tags: