Windows 10: KB4524147 causes Remote Desktop to disconnect every 30 seconds

Discus and support KB4524147 causes Remote Desktop to disconnect every 30 seconds in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the KB4524147 was installed, the Remote Desktop connection to a Windows 2012R2 Terminal Server would just disconnect after 30 seconds without any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RexHelwig, Oct 8, 2019.

1. RexHelwig Win User

KB4524147 causes Remote Desktop to disconnect every 30 seconds

After the KB4524147 was installed, the Remote Desktop connection to a Windows 2012R2 Terminal Server would just disconnect after 30 seconds without any warning or error. Once I removed the KB4524147 update the remote Desktop Connection stopped disconnecting. Why and what can I do to resolve this other than removing and hiding this update from our 30+ remote users on Windows 10?

:)

RexHelwig, Oct 8, 2019

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Jorge Tan Win User

Windows 10 Remote Desktop Session - Sound stops when disconnect

Hi,

For troubleshooting steps on how to fix this, follow the steps below:

• Open the Remote desktop connections tab.
    • Once opened, click on Show options.
    • Click the Local Resources tab.
    • Under Remote audio, click Settings.
    • Select Play on remote computer.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. KB4524147 causes Remote Desktop to disconnect every 30 seconds - Similar Threads - KB4524147 causes Remote

2. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Ethernet Disconnecting and Reconnecting Every 30 seconds but not when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet Disconnecting and Reconnecting Every 30 seconds but not when playing certain games: Hello, so the title says it all. When I browser the internet and watch youtube, my ethernet disconnects and reconnects every 30 seconds to a minute. However, when I play Modern Warfare 2, it never disconnects so there must be a windows issue. I'm using windows 10. I turned...
  6. Ethernet Disconnecting and Reconnecting Every 30 seconds but not when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Disconnecting and Reconnecting Every 30 seconds but not when playing certain games: Hello, so the title says it all. When I browser the internet and watch youtube, my ethernet disconnects and reconnects every 30 seconds to a minute. However, when I play Modern Warfare 2, it never disconnects so there must be a windows issue. I'm using windows 10. I turned...
  7. Ethernet Disconnecting and Reconnecting Every 30 seconds but not when playing certain games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Wifi disconnects, or has high ping spikes every 10-30 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi disconnects, or has high ping spikes every 10-30 seconds: Hey, So over the past month or two, my internet on my computer disconnects a few times then works. After that, it then has high ping spikes every 10-30 seconds. I have bought a different Wi-Fi adapter and i still have this problem. I have downloaded all of the software...
  9. Bluetooth headphones disconnect from the computer every 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth headphones disconnect from the computer every 30 seconds: Hello, I am having trouble with my Geekee G350 headphones. Every so often, when the headphones are connected but I am not listening to anything (eg. when a video is paused) they will disconnect and reconnect. I will not be able to hear anything from them for about 10...
  10. KB4524147

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4524147: I've red some post from users having problems with KB4524147 In my case the KB4524147 break the dns resolution in combination of using open VPN. After installing the update, reboot and connected to my company via ovpn i see my dns server and can rosolve names, a few...
Tags: