Windows 10: KB4524147 Printer spooler issues

Discus and support KB4524147 Printer spooler issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Running windows 10 Home with1903 installed. Update kb4524147 install resulted in print spooler placing printer permanently in offline mode whenever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Akperry, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Akperry Win User

KB4524147 Printer spooler issues

Running windows 10 Home with1903 installed. Update kb4524147 install resulted in print spooler placing printer permanently in offline mode whenever printer job is executed. Stopped spooler, cleared spooler files, restarted spooler.....results in printer showing in idle mode UNTIL a file is sent to printer when the printer reverts to offline mode. Removed kb4524147 and all jobs print normally.

:)

Akperry, Oct 8, 2019
  2. DaleKunz Win User

KB4524147 After install no printer would work.

After installing KB4524147 all of my installed printers were removed. Unable to install printers. Restarted pc, restarted print spooler, still unable to add printer. Uninstalled KB4524147 rebooted and printers are back and I'm able to print again.

DaleKunz, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Issue after installation with print spooler

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix this issue.

I would suggest you to try the steps given below and check if that helps.

Note: All the steps mentioned below holds good for windows 10 as well.

If print spooler keeps stopping in Windows 8.1,
    I would suggest to follow the steps given below.

• If the print spooler is not responding to your print commands and print is not happening when printer is fine physically (No paper jam or any error indications on printer hardware). These methods will help
      to clear the pending print jobs (print queue) and hanging spooler service.

• Clear the print spooler files where the Operating Systems store printing jobs temporarily, deleting these file will allow the print spooler to start freshly and run smoothly next time.

• Go to C -> Windows -> System32 -> Spool -> Printers and delete all files inside this folder. This is the location OS keeps the printing jobs before sending
      to printers. Once you delete these files, print queue will be cleared. The same location is applicable for latest Windows 8 and 8.1 too.
    If the problem persists, follow the steps given below.

• Go to services under Computer Management.

• Double click Print Spooler service and go to
      Recovery tab. Here we can set what that service should do when it fails.

• Select ‘Restart the Service’ in Subsequent Failures field. So, it will try restarting print spooler service whenever it fails.

• Go to ‘Dependencies’
      tab and make sure all depending services are started. Luckily, only one dependency service for print spooler service which is
      Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service.

• Check the RPC service in services and make sure it’s already started.
    If the issue still persists, the last step would be to check for the printer drivers. If the printer drivers are not installed properly, I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Delete all unwanted printers from your computer.

• Make sure all printers are installed with proper drivers.
    Additional Information:

Please refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Fix printer problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Note: The above article will
    help you identify and fix common printer problems in Windows. Printing problems can be caused by cables that aren’t connected properly, problems with wireless adapters or settings, damaged or incompatible printer drivers or missing updates.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Karla Alm Win User

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

1. KB4524147 Printer spooler issues - Similar Threads - KB4524147 Printer spooler

2. KB5028166, Printer Spooler issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5028166, Printer Spooler issues: It looks like after KB5028166 was installed a bunch of computers freeze what ever application is trying to print. If you stop the printer spool service the dialog comes up but obviously you aren't able to see the printers. If the spooler is running, cannot open devices and...
  3. KB5028166, Printer Spooler issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5028166, Printer Spooler issues: It looks like after KB5028166 was installed a bunch of computers freeze what ever application is trying to print. If you stop the printer spool service the dialog comes up but obviously you aren't able to see the printers. If the spooler is running, cannot open devices and...
  4. KB5028166, Printer Spooler issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Shared printer Spooler issue

USB Shared printer Spooler issue: We have USB Dot Matrix printer which is shared between two PC's. But when we restart the main system, the other system wont respond to its printing process. it shows device error unless we restart the Print Spooler of the main system. please help us to sort out this issue....
  6. Printer Spooler Issue on Brother printer

Printer Spooler Issue on Brother printer: will not stay on -- have to restart manually -- works on other printer same model but newer -- i see issue mentioned on web but no simple fix -- windows update caused it maybe? should I just get new printer....
  7. KB4524147 Seems to Kill the Print Spooler

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4524147 Seems to Kill the Print Spooler: I downloaded and installed update KB4524147 on Friday and, immediately all printers (including all native "printers" like Microsoft Print to PDF) ceased to work. Eventually, I traced it back to the print spooler. As soon as I backed out the update, everything returned to...
  8. KB4524147 After install no printer would work.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4524147 After install no printer would work.: After installing KB4524147 all of my installed printers were removed. Unable to install printers. Restarted pc, restarted print spooler, still unable to add printer. Uninstalled KB4524147 rebooted and printers are back and I'm able to print again....
  9. Having issues installing KB4524147

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having issues installing KB4524147: I tried to install KB4524147 and got the error 0x800f0845. Would that mean that the update files were corrupted, or do I need to reset? 141807
  10. Printer spooler

Printer spooler: Printer spooler system is missing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-spooler/c64e5600-b714-4b33-8f17-0a931f2b8cb0
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. print spooler keeps stopping printer shows offline window 10