Windows 10: KB4524147 Seems to Kill the Print Spooler

Discus and support KB4524147 Seems to Kill the Print Spooler in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed update KB4524147 on Friday and, immediately all printers (including all native "printers" like Microsoft Print to PDF)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ErnestParker, Oct 8, 2019.

1. KB4524147 Seems to Kill the Print Spooler

I downloaded and installed update KB4524147 on Friday and, immediately all printers (including all native "printers" like Microsoft Print to PDF) ceased to work. Eventually, I traced it back to the print spooler. As soon as I backed out the update, everything returned to normal. So, I started searching on the internet to see if others were having the same problem. Sure enough, on BleepingComputer.com, many others are reporting this issue.

For the time being, I have simply used the Advanced Options to pause any update installations for 7 days.

Has Microsoft acknowledged this problem and is there an ETA for a solution?

--Ernie

:)

ErnestParker, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Karla Alm Win User

Print Spooler Issue

Hello Sree,

For step by step instructions on how you can manually start the Print Spooler Service, follow these:

• Click Windows tab.
    • Type Control Panel > System and Maintenance
      > Administrative Tools.
    • Double click Services.
    • Right click to the Print Spooler service > Properties.

However, we suggest you can refer to an answer given by Prabhavathi Patil on this

thread

We also recommend that you update the driver for your printer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Karla Alm, Oct 8, 2019
  3. print spooler

Hi harley707. I'm here to help.

Try these steps. (I will leave a link to the video I found these steps in at the bottom of this reply. The website is not a Microsoft website.)

1. Right-click the lower left corner of the computer screen to open the menu.

2. Click Search and type "services" and press "View local services".

3. Scroll down the list until you find "Print Spooler".

4. Right click "Print Spooler" and press Restart.

The Print Spooler will restart.

If your printer spooler will not restart, you might have to restart your computer.

Link:

Thanks.

Microtech301, Oct 8, 2019
  4. KB4524147 Seems to Kill the Print Spooler

Must restart Spooler to print

Have you set the Print Spooler server to Automatic? If you haven't, then let's do it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Services through the search box.
    • Locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
    • Once the Print Spooler Properties window is open, look for Startup type and set is to
      Automatic.
    • Check also the Service status and make sure that it is set to Started.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

In case there are other printers installed on your PC that you no longer use, we suggest that you uninstall it as it may also cause some issues with Print Spooler.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Vanessa Yar, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

KB4524147 Seems to Kill the Print Spooler

1. KB4524147 Seems to Kill the Print Spooler - Similar Threads - KB4524147 Seems Kill

2. print spooler

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    print spooler: print spooler is curently running but when trying toinstall printer drivers it ssy spoller has stopped but it still running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/88996641-a0cf-40e6-8ec2-79d12357dfc2
  3. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: we have a few windows 10 pro 2004 machines that the print spoolers keep going disabled. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/2a0c721a-4335-42fb-be1e-1ccf62a244f3
  4. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: Since the Windows 10 update in March I can't print. Printer Spooler keeps stopping and I've restarted it numerous times but it stops after a couple of minutes. WIndows Troubleshooter advises to install new printer but can't add new driver as print spooler keeps stopping....
  5. Print spooler

Print spooler: Just updated win 10 to latest update. Now cannot print to HP Laserjet Pro mfp 1410. The print spooler will not remain on. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-spooler/fe76dc32-5978-4e2b-b195-0dcd75753c60
  6. KB4524147 Printer spooler issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4524147 Printer spooler issues: Running windows 10 Home with1903 installed. Update kb4524147 install resulted in print spooler placing printer permanently in offline mode whenever printer job is executed. Stopped spooler, cleared spooler files, restarted spooler.....results in printer showing in idle mode...
  7. How to cure Print Spooler problem after installing Updates KB4524147 and KB4522738?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to cure Print Spooler problem after installing Updates KB4524147 and KB4522738?: Installed Updates KB4524147 and KB4522738; now computer cannot find printers, try to PRINT gives: Operation could not be competed (0x000006ba). The local print spooler server s not running , please start spooler or restart machine. Restarted computer 3 times without solving...
  8. Printing broken after KB4524147

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Printing broken after KB4524147: Hi All, So I had an issue where after this update, the local print spooler would just crash and not stay running. It was verified and went back to normal after I removed the hotfix. What I saw was that the print spooler would crash and it wouldn't stay running....
  9. print spooler

print spooler: after each update you make mess in my PC or lets say ...no printer works always say that print spooler does not work than I go to services and found print spooler, open it and press START.... in about 10 sec. just by it self jumps in STOPPED --or let say simples , he...
  10. Print Spooler

Print Spooler: My update to Windows 10 from Windows 7 went without problems but none of the three printers attached to my computer worked and I have been struggling with the problem over the last two weeks. There is another long thread "Can't connect to Printer" which has not produced a...
Tags: