Windows 10: KB4524570 killed my taskbar and start button functionality

Discus and support KB4524570 killed my taskbar and start button functionality in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I can open apps pinned to the taskbar with a left-click but I can't right click on anything, the app drawer is completely busted (won't open at all,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NadiaGr, Nov 27, 2019.

1. NadiaGr Win User

KB4524570 killed my taskbar and start button functionality

I can open apps pinned to the taskbar with a left-click but I can't right click on anything, the app drawer is completely busted (won't open at all, through keyboard shortcut or clicking on it). None of the icons on the right side work, either. I can't see my calendar, can't access my sound or internet settings through the taskbar. Basically all the stuff I used the taskbar for, I have to do the long way now

I managed to roll back the update once and it fixed the problem but I forgot to pause updates on the damn thing and it reinstalled itself overnight and now I don't get an uninstall option for it when I click on it in the installed updates.

I'd really like my taskbar's functionality back.

:)

NadiaGr, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Guest1 Win User

Desktop PC start button and taskbar functions missing.

My Windows 10 PC is now running the anniversary update. Now my start button left click does not open the apps list and the right click on any icon in the taskbar does not open the menu. Otherwise everything
    functions as normal.

Guest1, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Guest2 Win User
    Start Button and taskbar not working

I did as suggested but didn't get to Troubleshoot or Reset computer. When it started back up with taskbar was complete and start button working. Everything seems ok, but slower. So thanks for that. Can you tell me about creating restore point manually and creating system image backup ?

Guest2, Nov 27, 2019
  4. Guest3 Win User

Desktop PC start button and taskbar functions missing.

Hi Mike,

To isolate the issue, please clarify the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What is the current version and build number of your operating system?
    Please follow the steps below to identify what version of Windows you are using.

• Click the Start button.
    • Type winver then hit Enter.
    • A window will display what version of Windows you're using and what build it is. Please post both version and build number.
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Guest3, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. KB4524570 killed my taskbar and start button functionality - Similar Threads - KB4524570 killed taskbar

2. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  3. After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update in Win 11 Lost taskbar, start button,and functionality of Windows button.: Tried all suggestion for standard fixes including restoring to previous state which happened to be after the problem. .settings will not come up, Task manager freezes,lost functionality in Firefix but not Chrome. can't get to updates to try and reinstall.Suggestions please...
  4. Taskbar and start button

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Taskbar and start button: When I plugged in my headphones into my computer, the start and taskbar did a weird thing and now it won't go back to normal. I don't know how to fix this and it's affecting how I do my work. The problem is that the taskbar won't show mircosoft edge, my files, and the other...
  5. KB4524570 installed twice

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4524570 installed twice: Windows 10 Pro 1903 OS Build 18362.476 just trying to understand the Update process more KB4524570 has installed twice Is this normal ? See the following (Hope I have added attachment OK) 145415
  6. Start button and Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start button and Taskbar: I have a Windows 10 laptop, start button & task bar does not work. Only the desktop icons are clickable. Not even clicking the clock in the lower right corner pops up the time & calendar....
  7. Start button - taskbar

Start button - taskbar: I like how Windows 8 did not have the start button. When they updated to Windows 10, the least they could have done is give us the option of having it on the taskbar, like the Cortana thing. Who clicks on the button anyways? Please recommend if I can do anything to remove...
  8. Start Button functions

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Start Button functions: Greetings from a junior member! I have used all OS from 98 to this Win10 and still shed a tear for the demise of XP Pro... A new pc - bought, not built has Win 10 Home 64 bit on board. I has (or I have) lost the initial functionality it came with... Much of the commands from...
  9. start menu and taskbar is not functioning

start menu and taskbar is not functioning: what should I do to fix the start menu and taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar-is-not-functioning/83811cce-2f9b-43de-9a33-7036cdec4a22
  10. taskbar and start button

taskbar and start button: I started my computer and my bottom taskbar including the start button and search box appears for a second and then disappears. I am running Windows 10. I can't get them to stay on/visible. Frankly, Windows 7 was much better. Help anyone?...
Tags: