Windows 10: KB4528760 and or KB4532938 trick monitor into thinking there is no signal when signal in...

Discus and support KB4528760 and or KB4532938 trick monitor into thinking there is no signal when signal in... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RC Vega 56 HDMI / Triple DP OC UEFI with aNixeus NX-VUE24B 24" 1920 x 1080 AMD FreeSync 144Hz Gaming Monitor. The GPU is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Giovanni A. Roverso, Feb 10, 2020.

1. KB4528760 and or KB4532938 trick monitor into thinking there is no signal when signal in...

I use a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RC Vega 56 HDMI / Triple DP OC UEFI with aNixeus NX-VUE24B 24" 1920 x 1080 AMD FreeSync 144Hz Gaming Monitor.

The GPU is freesync 2-compatible, but the screen is not freesync 2 if that makes a difference to someone.

Something in the tricks the monitor into thinking there is no signal when signal in fact does exist. If I turn the monitor off and on again, I can see there is a signal--but a few seconds later the screen thinks the signal isn't there and it goes to standby to save power!

I never had any problems before update KB4528760 and KB4532938 came along.

The January 14, 2020-KB4532938 Cumulative Update is for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.

The January 14, 2020—KB4528760 update does the following:

"Updates to improve security when storing and managing files.

Updates to improve security when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus."

I tried booting with "Safe video" and that didn't do anything. I can't try turning freesync off or changing any sort of driver setting because as soon as the installation for any drive version finishes, the screen loses its grasp on the signal.

The only option I have, as a Windows 10 Home user is to boot to safe mode, uninstall my graphics driver any version; doesn't matter and uninstall the offending update, then reinstall the graphics driver, only to have KB4528760 FORCED ON ME again a week later. OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

This is a critical problem!!!!

Every time I have to go and uninstall the update and then it force-installs again periodically. *ARGHH!!!!*

Please recognize this serious problem with this update.

Honestly if this doesn't get addressed soon, I will have to shell out money for an upgrade to pro just so I can defer the responsible update indefinitely.

Please do not suggest trying a different/older graphics driver. I have tried that.

Updated to reflect extended troubleshooting.

:)

Giovanni A. Roverso, Feb 10, 2020

2. Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    INPUT SIGNAL OUT OF RANGE while playing Wizard 101

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

This happens if the signal from the video adapter exceeds the scan range of the monitor. The video card is feeding the monitor a signal stream in excess of what the monitor can accommodate. The two main causes for this are that either the resolution
    or the vertical frequency is set high.

You may try the troubleshooting steps listed in HP and Compaq Flat Panel Monitors - Flat Panel Monitor Displays Message about
    No Signal, Signal out of Range, Sleep, or Power Save
    and check if it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 10, 2020
  4. godavid23 Win User

KB4528760 and or KB4532938 trick monitor into thinking there is no signal when signal in...

No signal on monitor in Windows 10

<Original Title: no signal on monitor>

win 10 will not start and no signal on monitor

godavid23, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

KB4528760 and or KB4532938 trick monitor into thinking there is no signal when signal in...

1. KB4528760 and or KB4532938 trick monitor into thinking there is no signal when signal in... - Similar Threads - KB4528760 KB4532938 trick

2. Monitors showing no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors showing no signal: Hi, so for the last 2 weeks I’ve been dealing with this issue. My monitors lose signal not just during gaming but even just on the start page. I’ve done a lot of things to trouble shoot this.Check cables, switch monitors, reinstall graphics card, new mobo, new psu, resetting...
  3. Monitor no signal when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor no signal when gaming: its been happening almost a week and I have no solution here are the tips i tried- ddu againagain- cleaning the ram sticks- under clocked the gpu- unplugging and plugging vga cable- malwarebytes no issue- editing the power plan- sfc scanwhen i launch the game it just turns...
  4. No Signal on Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Signal on Monitor: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/jamesbrad04 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kgy9k5/no_signal_on_monitor/
  5. No signal to monitors

No signal to monitors: Hi, I bought a new computer a few months ago - a pre built msi infinite 9sa-871 - and was experiencing issues with lag after leaving the computer on, which got progressively worse. I'm not the smartest with tech, so I reset to factory settings and it sort of fixes itself, but...
  6. No signal to monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No signal to monitors: Hi guys, have tried browsing around but I'm not sure exactly what I'm looking to be honest, so I'm hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction. This morning I've gone to hop on my computer and I've got no signal to any of my screens 2 desktop...
  7. Monitor no signal

Monitor no signal: My system unit boots perfectly, the videocard is working etc. But it says on my monitor that it has no signal. I checked every wirings and all. Is this a faulty ram ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-no-signal/584e85e7-7d09-4afb-86e0-8f837b1263dd
  8. Windows 10 update crashes-KB4528760 - KB4532938

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update crashes-KB4528760 - KB4532938: Cumulative update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64 KB4532938 Cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1909 for x64 systems KB4528760. I have the previous updates shown in the pending installation updates, when I allow the system to crash and...
  9. KB4528760 tricks monitor into thinking there is no signal when signal in fact does exist

KB4528760 tricks monitor into thinking there is no signal when signal in fact does exist: I use a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RC Vega 56 HDMI / Triple DP OC UEFI with aNixeus NX-VUE24B 24" 1920 x 1080 AMD FreeSync 144Hz Gaming Monitor. The GPU is freesync 2-compatible, but the screen is not freesync 2 if that makes a difference to someone. Something in the tricks the...
  10. Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on

Monitor saying "no signal" when turning on: Specs Ryzen 1500x asus-b350m-a micro atx am4 motherboard Gtx 1050 2gb Primary monitor: acer gn246HL - Dvi d - 144hz secondary: old samsung that i dont know the name of - Vga to hdmi adapter - 60hz 1680 x 1050 So i started having this issue but it has not gotten...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 trick into thinking it has a monitor