Windows 10: KB4528760 killed Halo Wars 2

Discus and support KB4528760 killed Halo Wars 2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Halo Wars 2 on PC hasn't been working since KB4528760 was installed about a week ago. Uninstalling KB4528760 Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM and pausing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Richard_AU, Jan 21, 2020.

1. KB4528760 killed Halo Wars 2

Halo Wars 2 on PC hasn't been working since KB4528760 was installed about a week ago.

Uninstalling KB4528760 Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM and pausing updates for 7 days gets the game working.

I posted this information on www.halowaypoint.com.

A couple of people confirmed the game worked again after uninstalling the update and thanked me for the info.

Next thing halowaypoint deleted my posts and banned my account for posting inappropriate content, being that I suggested people uninstall Windows Security Updates as a temporary work around.

KB4528760 is Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Its not even a Security Update NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM as other updates installed at the same time were.

People are still buying and downloading Halo Wars 2 from the Microsoft Store and Halowaypoint cant give an ETA as to when the problem will be fixed.

Why has Halowaypointgot such a problem with people uninstalling KB4528760 and pausing the reinstall for 7 days as atemporary work around?

:)

Richard_AU, Jan 21, 2020

2. Halo Wars 2 pre-order

Hi Robert,

The codes for Halo Wars: Definitive Edition will be sent out in waves, so it may take 7-10 days for you to receive your code.

If you didn't receive a code, it may be for one of the following reasons:

• You didn’t purchase or pre-order Halo Wars 2 on Xbox One or Windows 10.
    • You live in a region where Halo Wars 2 isn't available, or your account is based in a region where the game is unavailable.
    • You're not signed in with the account that was used to purchase Halo Wars 2 during the campaign dates.
    If you meet the eligibility requirements for the campaign but haven't received your code, kindly get in touch with our

Xbox Support team

Refer to
    Halo Wars 2 pre-order info
    fore more details.

Keep us posted with the status of your concern.

Catherine Cus., Jan 21, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Play Halo Wars: Definitive Edition and Halo Wars 2 free Feb. 21-24

Source: Free Play Days: Halo Wars: Definitive Edition and Halo Wars 2 - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

Brink, Jan 21, 2020
  4. KB4528760 killed Halo Wars 2

Halo Wars Definite Edition Error code 0x87E105DC

Thanks for the update.

We've checked the
    Halo Wars 2: Ultimate Edition product details
    page and the contents included are the following:

• Halo Wars 2
    • Halo Wars 2 Season Pass
    • Kinsano Leader Pack
    • Colony Leader Pack
    • Sergeant Johnson Leader Pack

The Halo Wars: Definitive Edition is not included in the bundle. This may be the reason why you're encountering issues installing the content. To get this item, you'll need to purchase it separately. Refer to the following links for more information:

To verify if you've purchased a bundle promotion for the Definite Edition and Ultimate Edition, kindly follow the steps provided on this

link
    on how to check your transaction history online.

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Catherine Cus., Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

KB4528760 killed Halo Wars 2

1. KB4528760 killed Halo Wars 2 - Similar Threads - KB4528760 killed Halo

2. Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run: I am having the same problem so many other people seem to have encountered. Yesterday when I tried to start the game, the initial window briefly flashed onto the screen and then went away. I tried all of the things suggested in other posts like running the Windows Store...
  3. Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run: I am having the same problem so many other people seem to have encountered. Yesterday when I tried to start the game, the initial window briefly flashed onto the screen and then went away. I tried all of the things suggested in other posts like running the Windows Store...
  4. Halo Wars 2 Will Not Run

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot Find Halo Wars 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Find Halo Wars 2: I just bought Halo Wars 2 Complete Edition on my windows 10 Laptop through the Xbox app however it is not showing up in my library, in the store it gives me the purchase option as if I do not own it and when I click on purchase it tells me I own it. And when I look on the...
  6. Halo Wars 2 not attempting to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Halo Wars 2 not attempting to install: So I bought the Halo Wars 2 complete edition and when I tried to install it on my PC nothing happens, no errors, nothing saying installing, just a click and nothing. I tried installing it directly to my pc with the "install to devices" button but that also did nothing, am I...
  7. Halo Wars 2

Halo Wars 2: Im in the market to purchase and download Halo Wars 2 for PC. Yet the only option you guys have on your online store is for the Xbox version. Yet many online articles and such saying other wise. Am I missing something or is there a problem here?...
  8. Halo Wars 2 wont install

Halo Wars 2 wont install: Ive been dealing with this for months, Ive tried my xbox live account and my microsoft account and have bought this game twice as well as bought the game pass and Im sick of this. Whenever I hit install in the microsoft store page for Halo wars 2 it says "Installing" for a...
  9. Halo wars 2 not installing PC

Halo wars 2 not installing PC: So when i go to install halo wars 2 (pc) Iget the error 0x80072F8F and even with a pc restart along w/ following a tutorial the error stayed. does anyone know what to do? i really do not want to have to buy it again just to play...
  10. cant download halo wars 2

cant download halo wars 2: halo wars 2 finished the download started installing it comes up with a error ok started the download again its now downloaded up to 60 gb when the game download is 47GB ive used the trouble shooter nothing if i cant get a fix that doesn't involve me restarting the whole...
Tags: