Windows 10: KB4532693 - Loss of Windows Media Player and drivers for mobile phone connection via USB

Discus and support KB4532693 - Loss of Windows Media Player and drivers for mobile phone connection via USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; PC updated on 25th February, I am now unable to connect via USB to my phone which I have been doing for months every day up until the update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Standing1, Feb 27, 2020.

1. Standing1 Win User

KB4532693 - Loss of Windows Media Player and drivers for mobile phone connection via USB

PC updated on 25th February, I am now unable to connect via USB to my phone which I have been doing for months every day up until the update and windows media player 12 has disappeared. I might add that I have suffered the same issue on numerous occasions with other Microsoft updates on Windows 10 and previous operating systems.

Help!!

:)

Standing1, Feb 27, 2020

2. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Feb 27, 2020
  3. THRiLL KiLL, Feb 27, 2020
  4. KB4532693 - Loss of Windows Media Player and drivers for mobile phone connection via USB

New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

KB4532693 - Loss of Windows Media Player and drivers for mobile phone connection via USB

1. KB4532693 - Loss of Windows Media Player and drivers for mobile phone connection via USB - Similar Threads - KB4532693 Loss Media

2. Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB: Hello,I need to connect my mobile phone with my laptop. Normally this works pretty well however right now I put USB cable with mobile and the result is that my mobile is charging but no data from my mobile phone aren't seen in my laptop. Could you please help me?...
  3. Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB: Hello,I need to connect my mobile phone with my laptop. Normally this works pretty well however right now I put USB cable with mobile and the result is that my mobile is charging but no data from my mobile phone aren't seen in my laptop. Could you please help me?...
  4. Connection laptop with mobile phone with USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Will microsoft develop Phone link App connected to mobile via USB cable?

Will microsoft develop Phone link App connected to mobile via USB cable?: I am trial useing PHONE LINK on window10 connected with my Samsung mobile.From this Q&A : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-connection-via-usb/813a3633-7a56-48b5-8b8f-28cf426a870d Will microsoft have any plan to develop Phone link App connected...
  6. Will microsoft develop Phone link App connected to mobile via USB cable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will microsoft develop Phone link App connected to mobile via USB cable?: I am trial useing PHONE LINK on window10 connected with my Samsung mobile.From this Q&A : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-connection-via-usb/813a3633-7a56-48b5-8b8f-28cf426a870d Will microsoft have any plan to develop Phone link App connected...
  7. Phone connected via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  8. Phone connected via USB

Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  9. Your Phone // Connection via USB

Your Phone // Connection via USB: Unfortunately, at work i can not have my PC and android device on the same WiFi network, hence i am missing out on the app/screen link. Is there a way this can be connected with USB connection?...
  10. Mobile Phone connected via USB is disconnecting when playing games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mobile Phone connected via USB is disconnecting when playing games.: what's causing this ? my mobile phone connected on my PC via USB keeps disconnecting everytime i run a game and only reconnects when i quit the game to windows. i did every solution i found all over the internet and none of them works. things i have done: -Uninstalled...
Tags: