Windows 10: KB4535680 Security update for Secure Boot DBX - Jan. 12

Discus and support KB4535680 Security update for Secure Boot DBX - Jan. 12 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Security update for Secure Boot DBX: January 12, 2021 Applies to This security update applies only to the following Windows versions: Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Brink Win User

KB4535680 Security update for Secure Boot DBX - Jan. 12

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ecure-boot-dbx

:)

Brink, Jan 13, 2021
  2. CxA2016 Win User

Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update (ADV 200011) does not work.

Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update (ADV 200011) does not work.

Source: Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update

The description under step 3 seems to be incorrect:

Set-SecureBootUefi -Name dbx -ContentFilePath .\content.bin -SignedFilePath .\signature.p7 -Time 2010-03-06T19:17:21Z -AppendWrite'

It also does not describe how to determine again whether the problem has been fixed. When I re-check the changes using the following CmdLet, I always get a "true" result.

[System.Text.Encoding]::ASCII.GetString((Get-SecureBootUEFI db).bytes) -match 'Microsoft Corporation UEFI CA 2011'

Is the CommandLet in step 3 only an example? Which time stamp (-Time) do I have to use?

Steps 1-2 worked correctly.

Best regards

CxA2016, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

So Linux is switching to secure boot also? Or they have to because of UEFI?

Damn_Smooth, Jan 13, 2021
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 8 Secure Boot Feature: Not So Secure?

• Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Linux
    • Oh and OSX
    Here is a statement from a Kernal Developer at Red Hat:

I'm not sure this exploits the legacy BIOS but rather it exploits the legacy boot method on MBR drives, injecting a signed key before the OS boots, which you are correct in that it has nothing to do with Windows 8. And the simplest fix would just be to require boot drives use GPT when Secure Boot is enabled in UEFI.

newtekie1, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

1. KB4535680 Security update for Secure Boot DBX - Jan. 12 - Similar Threads - KB4535680 Security update

2. disable secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disable secure boot: need information on how to disable the secure boot feature so I can use the my computer in other platforms https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-secure-boot/a333c194-8336-497b-b4f4-4832cb49b93f
  3. Secure Boot Not Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Secure Boot Not Changing: I was about to install linux mint to my surface pro 4 so I could dual boot it with windows. It told me that I needed to disable bitlocker so I did. With bitlocker uninstalled I have no way of booting from my USB because my secure boot wont change. Whenever I click microsoft &...
  4. Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update ADV 200011 does not work.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update ADV 200011 does not work.: Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update ADV 200011 does not work. Source: Microsoft guidance for applying Secure Boot DBX update The description under step 3 seems to be incorrect: Set-SecureBootUefi -Name dbx -ContentFilePath .\content.bin...
  5. Secure Boot To be Or Not

Secure Boot To be Or Not: I'm looking for opinions only. Somebody (which I trust), gave me some files that help me with a project. In the remarks of said piece, it said that I should boot from a USB stick of mine after I loaded the files on to. I did, ran the stick and the computer stop dead in it...
  6. secure boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    secure boot: do i need to disable secure boot before i make a clean install of windows 10, if i make a bootable usb with windows 10 media creation tool 135412
  7. Secure Boot

Secure Boot: How can I tell if Secure Boot in enabled in my Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/secure-boot/8f0a77c5-b7a4-4f17-9604-18d096900bf7"
  8. secure boot

secure boot: How do I turn off secure boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/secure-boot/20f1624d-bc65-485c-a068-fb89bf4ef320"
  9. Secure Boot

Secure Boot: Hello everyone; I have a Dell XPS-8700, now running Windows 10 after a recent installation. I also have what is called a Fixme Stick that removes viruses that happen to get past my Norton 360 anti-virus software. The issue is, it (the Fixme Stick) will not boot with...
  10. Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??

Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??: This guy writes about security issues. Windows Secure Boot: Insecure by design and mostly likely cant be fixed | Network World 59744