Windows 10: KB4549951 causes File Explorer Search issues

Discus and support KB4549951 causes File Explorer Search issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I noticed not on just my PC, but also one at my job location, that after this update was installed I can no longer use the search option in File... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KIOWA COUNTY, May 12, 2020.

1. KB4549951 causes File Explorer Search issues

I noticed not on just my PC, but also one at my job location, that after this update was installed I can no longer use the search option in File Explorer. Comes up with no results regardless of what search criteria I use. I followed all of the recommended steps to fix it including re indexing but still nothing. Yesterday I uninstalled this update and now the search is working as expected!

:)

KIOWA COUNTY, May 12, 2020

2. KB4549951 causing issues

Ever since KB4549951 was installed on my Win 10, my internet speed has slowed to a crawl.

It even causes programs to freeze

I am about ready to remove it. What's the story?

FredMcDonald, May 12, 2020
  3. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, May 12, 2020
  4. KB4549951 causes File Explorer Search issues

setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 12, 2020
Thema:

KB4549951 causes File Explorer Search issues

1. KB4549951 causes File Explorer Search issues - Similar Threads - KB4549951 causes File

2. File Explorer Search Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Issue: After updating to windows 11 there was an issue with my file search. Rebuilding the index MOSTLY fixed the problem, however search only searches titles and not contents. I need it to search through word documents and not just their titles...
  3. File Explorer Search Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Issue: After updating to windows 11 there was an issue with my file search. Rebuilding the index MOSTLY fixed the problem, however search only searches titles and not contents. I need it to search through word documents and not just their titles...
  4. File Explorer Search Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Search Issue: I am typing into File Explorer and it keeps acting like every key I click is a new search. In the past I was able to type "Ca" and it would find a folder that starts with "Ca" but now it searches for the first C folder and then when I hit A it moves to the A folders. What...
  5. Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is investigating Windows 10 KB4549951 issues: Windows 10 KB4549951, which was released on April 14 with security fixes, is reportedly plagued with serious issues for some users. The update is only available for consumers with Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909, and the patch contains security fixes. Initially, users who...
  6. Windows 10 KB4549951 update is causing critical issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4549951 update is causing critical issues: A handful of Windows 10 users are reporting a wide range of issues after installing Windows 10 KB4549951 cumulative update, while others report an error message when they attempt to download and install important security package, which was released on Tuesday. In...
  7. Issue with April 14, 2020—KB4549951

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with April 14, 2020—KB4549951: Hi. Every month when the cumulative update release I come across really annoying issues, specially with sound volume and unrecognised devices usb ports. After installing the update the sound is really low. Before the update at 50% volume the sound was high and now it's lower...
  8. Major issue with KB4549951 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major issue with KB4549951 update: HI We update window 10 yesterday and causing tons of issue, box doesn't work anymore. We have several clients impact it, computers runs slow, things doesn't work, computer doesn't restart and you need to force a restart to get it to work. Anybody is experiencing any...
  9. KB4549951 causing issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4549951 causing issues: Ever since KB4549951 was installed on my Win 10, my internet speed has slowed to a crawl. It even causes programs to freeze I am about ready to remove it. What's the story?...
  10. File Explorer Search Issue

in Cortana
    File Explorer Search Issue: Hello, I got a strange issue with the search in Windows 10. If I try to search anything in File Explorer, I type what I want and press ENTER, nothing happens at all, it only searches when I press the arrow button that shows up in the search box. [ATTACH] I've tried...
Tags: