Windows 10: KB4550945 update broke Audio and Printer drivers!

Discus and support KB4550945 update broke Audio and Printer drivers! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am facing a problem immediately after installing KB4550945 update that Windows 10 no longer recognize my Audio driver on my ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by asafgo, Apr 30, 2020.

1. asafgo Win User

KB4550945 update broke Audio and Printer drivers!

I am facing a problem immediately after installing KB4550945 update that Windows 10 no longer recognize my Audio driver on my ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING motherboard and my Brother MFC-J5910DW printer.​

Uninstalling/installing the drivers does not help.​

Message for Device Status at Device Manager is​

"Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. Code 19"​

Windows Version: 1909 OS Build 18363.815​

:)

asafgo, Apr 30, 2020

2. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 30, 2020
  4. MoovMan Win User

Creator's Update Broke A Lot Of My Drivers!

So... I've been running Windows 10 on an older laptop for over a year with no problems.... Then came the Creator's Update...

Now, I've lost:

• Video Driver (GeForce Go 7400)
    • Network Controller Drivers (LAN & WLAN) (Intel PRO 100/1000 & Intel 3945ABG)
    • SATA & USB Controller Drivers (Intel ICH7 Family)
    • & Audio Drivers

I can't roll back (clean install)...

Windows says that it can't find any better drivers, that the best drivers are already installed. I tried to manually install the drivers (the same drivers that worked before the Creator's Update), but Windows won't accept them (not for this version of Windows).

What is so different about the Creator's Update vs the Anniversary Update that all my drivers are now broke? And does anyone have any suggestions to fix it?

Thanks in Advance!

MoovMan, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

1. KB4550945 update broke Audio and Printer drivers! - Similar Threads - KB4550945 update broke

2. Latest Windows update broke audio driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latest Windows update broke audio driver: Hi, The latest windows update on Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Version broke my audio driver. Troubleshot sows 'generic driver detected' issue. My laptop is XPS 9560....
  3. Windows Patch broke printer driver invalid printer driver

Windows Patch broke printer driver invalid printer driver: Hi, recent Windows 10 Patching has broken my printer driver. I have tried to remove and reinstall to no avail. I keep getting message invalid printer driver when going to print from edge etc. My printer is an Epson WF-2630 Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build...
  4. UPDATE KB4550945

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UPDATE KB4550945: I allowed my laptop to download update KB4550945 around the 26thApril. It made my laptop almost un usable - but it allows a temporary profile with limited use I tried to revert the machine to the earlier version but was not sucesful probably because removal of the latest...
  5. KB4550945 update broke Audio and Printer drivers!

KB4550945 update broke Audio and Printer drivers!: Hi, I am facing a problem immediately after installing KB4550945 update that Windows 10 no longer recognize my Audio driver on my ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-H GAMING motherboard and my Brother MFC-J5910DW printer. Uninstalling/installing the drivers does not help. Message for...
  6. KB4550945 Update problems

KB4550945 Update problems: Update KB4550945 has caused me to lose my complete profile, all files pictures, documents and desltop. There is is no restore point before the update and although I have deleted the .BAK SID file fromthe registry, it still restore anything. I set a new wallpaper and some...
  7. Windows 10 KB4550945 Update

Windows 10 KB4550945 Update: I updated my Windows 10 laptop to KB4550945 update and I noticed that my laptoprebooted twice after I updated it. Has anyone else had this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-kb4550945-update/132be6a7-9b88-4903-9714-7efc76e2c996
  8. Optional update KB4550945

Optional update KB4550945: I'm a little uncomfortable downloading this optional update, reading of problems with download, KB4550945. Is this optional download stable? Can I wait till, 10 May? I'm not a tech person, and this unit is only a month old....
  9. Cannot Uninstall Windows Update KB4550945

Cannot Uninstall Windows Update KB4550945: I am trying to uninstall KB4550945 and a few seconds after it starts to remove it a box comes up and says, "An error has occurred. Not all the updates were successfully uninstalled." I was able to uninstall another update just prior to this so I'm not sure why this one will...
  10. Windows Update KB4550945 !!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update KB4550945 !!!: I did this latest update for windows and now my games are stuttering again after sort of figuring out what my problems were. Ive tried everything so far apart from rolling back this new update. Some or any help would be highly appreciated. submitted by /u/CPU-Tech [link]...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4550945 audio