Windows 10: KB4551762 and KB4556799 cause long welcome screen

Discus and support KB4551762 and KB4556799 cause long welcome screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; In bulletpoints: Machine: Lenovo Thinkpad T480s with NVMe SSD with Windows 10 Home Before March 2020: passing login and welcome screen is almost... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/totalfatal, May 24, 2020.

1. KB4551762 and KB4556799 cause long welcome screen

In bulletpoints:

• Machine: Lenovo Thinkpad T480s with NVMe SSD with Windows 10 Home
    • Before March 2020: passing login and welcome screen is almost instant
    • March: KB4551762 came along and welcome screen took 20+ seconds to pass (after typing my password)
      • After uninstalling it: system is fast again
      • Managed to snooze the updates for a while
    • May: KB4556799 appeared, and installed. Same symptoms: long welcome screen:
      • Now uninstalled, system fast again. Updates to snooze.

I haven't realized overall system performance decrease coupled with the long welcome screen issue, albeit I don't really do intensive computations, so I don't rule it out.

Additional infos:

• No BSODs
    • System is otherwise not fully updated through Lenovo Vintage due to the 'fear' of performance decrease by the 'fixes' of some vulnerabilities .

Have any of you seen such slow downs, with these updated? Is there any way of blocking these updates for good?

Here is a video as a proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fs4wUSjqAjI

submitted by /u/totalfatal
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/totalfatal, May 24, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, May 24, 2020
  3. KB4551762 make my laptop black screen after update

Hi,

i need help, after my laptop automatically updated KB4551762, it takes a long black screen before login. When I remove this update, my laptop can boot fast again. but after a few days, this update force my laptop to update again when i press shutdown button.
    and after update, my laptop back to a long black screen before login.

I really hope I can install the update soon because it's apparently a quite important security fix.

thanks.

Johanes Poedjianto, May 24, 2020
  4. F.Farah Win User

KB4551762 and KB4556799 cause long welcome screen

KB4551762

Hello DarrenWelch, my name is Farah and I'm an Independent Adviser. I can help you regarding this problem

There are a new issues with this update as seen by some users, but I've never notice a power option complain yet.

to see a list with the side effect, please check this link:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/microsoft...

You can uninstall the update and observe if it gets better

Thanks!

Farah

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

F.Farah, May 24, 2020
Thema:

KB4551762 and KB4556799 cause long welcome screen

1. KB4551762 and KB4556799 cause long welcome screen - Similar Threads - KB4551762 KB4556799 cause

2. Welcome screen took so long

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Welcome screen took so long: I never sign in to the computer I just install windows 8 and I stuck I’m have no idea what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/welcome-screen-took-so-long/8e718f36-8cd4-48ae-82cd-fa12915ccf63
  3. Very long procedure of entering in the profile / long welcome screen

Very long procedure of entering in the profile / long welcome screen: I have this problem for a long time already, and it's quite irritating.The Windows itself booting fast till the screen with "Welcome UserName". On this screen, it stucks for a very big period of time various each separate time, usually from 10 to 30 minutes, which is an...
  4. PSA windows10 update KB4556799 causing post issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PSA windows10 update KB4556799 causing post issues: Installed this update after not using pc for months. From a cold start, i hit power button. Motherboard lights up, mouse, kb, headphones all light up and get power. But i remain at a black no signal screen. Takes literally 3-5minutes just to post. My pc usually takes...
  5. Windows 10 KB4556799 causes BSOD and network issues

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4556799 causes BSOD and network issues: Windows 10 KB4556799 is causing a host of new problems for some configurations. In addition to audio issues, temporary user profile and FPS drops, Windows 10’s latest cumulative update is also causing Blue Screen of Death, crashes, and network issues for some users. As often...
  6. KB4556799 causing poor FPS performance.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4556799 causing poor FPS performance.: KB4556799 installed on my machine last night at the end of the day. After installation, I had pretty severe impacts to FPS in Destiny 2, seeing frames drop from a norm of 100-120 down to below 60 in some instances. I have uninstalled the update and paused updates for the...
  7. Windows update KB4551762 causes big issues

Windows update KB4551762 causes big issues: Hi, My computer has Windows updates enabled and thus he always tries to install back update KB4551762. The update causes the following issues: - no search bar in windows taskbar or any search bar in windows explorer is working, I cannot type - screen freezes very...
  8. kb4551762

kb4551762: I have 3 computers running windows 10 2 are Dell desktops and 1 is an HP laptop. The dells do not seem to be affected by the kb4551755 update, at least not that I have noticed. The laptop, however has started locking up my chrome browser. Other windows functions have stopped...
  9. KB4551762

KB4551762: Has anyone had issues after the latest update with windows 10 power options not changeable? My display is now turning off after 30 minutes and I cannot change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4551762/db0dfb25-01cc-4e0f-824d-739f5b9fa181
  10. Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 KB4551762 causing major issues for some users: For most people, Windows 10’s latest update simply won’t be an issue. However, a number of users running Windows 10 KB4551762 found that their PCs appears to have slowed down and some have also noticed an abnormal hike in CPU/disk usage. Last week, details of a security...