Windows 10: KB4551762 locking up a number of PC's, which is a problem given they are now accessed...

Discus and support KB4551762 locking up a number of PC's, which is a problem given they are now accessed... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Given how many people are reporting issues with this update and given that a number of these issues will be affecting PC's that are now at remote... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Dave Gumpo, Apr 15, 2020.

1. KB4551762 locking up a number of PC's, which is a problem given they are now accessed...

Given how many people are reporting issues with this update and given that a number of these issues will be affecting PC's that are now at remote locations which are in lock down can this update be pulled for now.

I've got 4 machines just this morning all with this update causing issues and locking up the machine!

And that's just the machines at locations that still have key workers to reboot them.

I also have a number of tickets open where we cannot currently get to the PC's to reboot them to check if this is the exact issue but I'm betting it is..

I don't want to put a block on all windows updates on all systems but given that this seems to be affecting such a high % of machines I think we might have to until lock down ends..

Regards

Dave

:)

Dave Gumpo, Apr 15, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Number Lock Problem

My Dell has number lock enabled in BIOS. I have edited the registry entry 'InitialKeyboardIndicators' to end in 50 as suggested. Neither helps. It only works when restarting Win 10. Turning off the Fast boot option keeps the numlock on but seems to negate the highly advertised Window 10 quick booting feature.
    Any more ideas?

frostburg49, Apr 15, 2020
  4. wjay Win User

KB4551762 locking up a number of PC's, which is a problem given they are now accessed...

Number Lock

I have now tried every fix suggested on here from fast boot to reg changes and nothing works , number lock stays off after shutdown .

Thema:

KB4551762 locking up a number of PC's, which is a problem given they are now accessed...

1. KB4551762 locking up a number of PC's, which is a problem given they are now accessed... - Similar Threads - KB4551762 locking number

2. i may have been conned and given access to my pc to microsoft number to unlock my pc they...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i may have been conned and given access to my pc to microsoft number to unlock my pc they...: Hi, My PC screen was supposedly locked by microsoft with a number to ring. Rang and worked with operator to access PC for hours to fix hackung threats.They scanned my PC but said they couldn't finish and will ring back tomorrow. I felt it was legit at the time but now i...
  3. i may have been conned and given access to my pc to microsoft number to unlock my pc they...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i may have been conned and given access to my pc to microsoft number to unlock my pc they...: Hi, My PC screen was supposedly locked by microsoft with a number to ring. Rang and worked with operator to access PC for hours to fix hackung threats.They scanned my PC but said they couldn't finish and will ring back tomorrow. I felt it was legit at the time but now i...
  4. Access to locked pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access to locked pc: Hello, recently I just tried to test lock my pc with Microsoft account and when I locked it from device section in my dashboard, after that I'm not able to log in to windows, Even my Microsoft account's password don't work!and when I enter my password, I get this message:An...
  5. Access to locked pc

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to locked pc: Hello, recently I just tried to test lock my pc with Microsoft account and when I locked it from device section in my dashboard, after that I'm not able to log in to windows, Even my Microsoft account's password don't work!and when I enter my password, I get this message:An...
  6. problem with number lock

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with number lock: I am using a laptop without a full keyboard, no number pad. So I added a bluetooth microsoft number pad. When we use the number pad it automatically activates the number lock and some of the letters become numbers. There is no numlock setting in the bios and I tried to alter...
  7. Can't uninstall KB4551762

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't uninstall KB4551762: When trying to uninstall Update KB4551762, It starts the process then after a few seconds. it displays the message "An error has occurred. Not All Updates were successfully uninstalled."...
  8. kb4551762

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    kb4551762: I have 3 computers running windows 10 2 are Dell desktops and 1 is an HP laptop. The dells do not seem to be affected by the kb4551755 update, at least not that I have noticed. The laptop, however has started locking up my chrome browser. Other windows functions have stopped...
  9. KB4551762

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KB4551762: Has anyone had issues after the latest update with windows 10 power options not changeable? My display is now turning off after 30 minutes and I cannot change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb4551762/db0dfb25-01cc-4e0f-824d-739f5b9fa181
  10. Windows update. (KB4551762)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update. (KB4551762): Hi guys, I hope you are very well today, today I have updated to the latest version (KB4551762) and when I download and then proceed to restart a blue screen appears, then Windows proceeds to make a repair and does it without any problem, and process to enter the desktop...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wifi adapter damaged by kb4551762