Windows 10: KB4551762 make my laptop black screen after update

Discus and support KB4551762 make my laptop black screen after update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, i need help, after my laptop automatically updated KB4551762, it takes a long black screen before login. When I remove this update, my laptop can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Johanes Poedjianto, Mar 23, 2020.

1. KB4551762 make my laptop black screen after update

Hi,

i need help, after my laptop automatically updated KB4551762, it takes a long black screen before login. When I remove this update, my laptop can boot fast again. but after a few days, this update force my laptop to update again when i press shutdown button. and after update, my laptop back to a long black screen before login.

I really hope I can install the update soon because it's apparently a quite important security fix.

thanks.

:)

Johanes Poedjianto, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Virus-j Win User

Toshiba Laptop Black Screen

I have a Toshiba Laptop, Was reinstalling windows 7 on it last night left it doing the updates then shut it down. Turned it on this this afternoon only to find the laptop screen is Black and also there is a burning smell coming from the Fan.

I connected the Laptop to a external monitor that is fine, Can go into bios, Windows boots up fine Etc.
    Just took apart the laptop earlier to check all the cables where in correctly, Checked the motherboard over for any damage, burnt bits but but found nothing. Just put it back together now but im still getting this burning smell and i still cant use the laptop screen only a external screen.

I Tried Pressing FN+F5 to switch to the laptop screen, But still black screen. Any Suggestions please ?

Thanks

Virus-j, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Black Screen During Driver Update KB4551762 make my laptop black screen after update :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Mar 23, 2020
  4. KB4551762 make my laptop black screen after update

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

KB4551762 make my laptop black screen after update

1. KB4551762 make my laptop black screen after update - Similar Threads - KB4551762 laptop black

2. Laptop screen black after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop screen black after update: So I was updating windows from 1903 to 20H2 I deleted a bunch of file due to storage then waited a long time then after I turned on my laptop the screen was black the power button shows it on but wont display anything Did I delete something that windows needed? I don't...
  3. Desktop Flashes Black after cumulative update KB4551762 and nvidia control panel is not found.

Desktop Flashes Black after cumulative update KB4551762 and nvidia control panel is not found.: I posted this question a month back in this Reddit post. The problem occuring is after this update till the sign in screen there are no problems but upon reaching the desktop the screen starts flashing blank and a notification appears that nvidia control panel was not found...
  4. BSOD after update to 1909 KB4551762

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after update to 1909 KB4551762: After updating to KB4551762 system crashes with BSOD. Can boot in Safe mode but not a clean boot. Understand from the community that latest updates causing a lot of problems. I attached the minidumps below and see if anyone can help. Thanks! Minidump...
  5. Windows Update KB4551762 broke my WiFi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Update KB4551762 broke my WiFi: New to this cause I almost never have problems until now. Recent Windows update KB4551762 has broken my WiFi. I cant connect to my Uverse or even to Open WiFi. I have tried every tip I could find online. I have of course unplugged the router and disconnected cables. I...
  6. Windows 10 slow after updates to 1909 and KB4551762

Windows 10 slow after updates to 1909 and KB4551762: These were both installed successfully with no errors, however ordinary Windows actions like clicking on the Settings gear and opening one of the settings such as System are taking MUCH longer than they used to. Programs are also slower to load as is typing. Even things like...
  7. No audio after Update KB4551762 on 3/13/20

No audio after Update KB4551762 on 3/13/20: The other day, my computer did an "update and restart" Since then, i have had no audio. Have tried the trouble shooter, updating audio drivers, etc to no avail. Also, the system is freezing alot and i'm getting "page is not responding" and page is having an issue"...
  8. after forced update KB4551762 2020-3 cumulative for windows 10 1903 my laptop is uselessly...

after forced update KB4551762 2020-3 cumulative for windows 10 1903 my laptop is uselessly...: after forced update KB4551762 2020-3 cumulative for windows 10 1903 my laptop is uselessly slow, any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-forced-update-kb4551762-2020-3-cumulative/fe2e4f79-3698-45f8-925d-42d63d7eda06
  9. Windows update. (KB4551762)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update. (KB4551762): Hi guys, I hope you are very well today, today I have updated to the latest version (KB4551762) and when I download and then proceed to restart a blue screen appears, then Windows proceeds to make a repair and does it without any problem, and process to enter the desktop...
  10. Update KB4551762 Always Fails

Update KB4551762 Always Fails: Hi, I'm trying to install update KB4551762 but for some reason it keeps failing. It always installs 20% but then it suddenly jumps to 100% and fails with error code 0x800f0831 no matter how often I retry. I've already tried stopping and restarting all the update services,...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4537572 black screen after restart