Windows 10: KB4551853 Edge will no longer Browse to Non-Standard SSL Ports

Discus and support KB4551853 Edge will no longer Browse to Non-Standard SSL Ports in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Ever since update KB4551853 was rolled out to our clients they have been unable to use the standard Edge browser to view webpages hosted on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ASW Services, May 20, 2020.

1. KB4551853 Edge will no longer Browse to Non-Standard SSL Ports

Ever since update KB4551853 was rolled out to our clients they have been unable to use the standard Edge browser to view webpages hosted on non-standard ports for us this is 22 to 26. I can't see any documentation on this change or any way to whitelist certain ports. The only option we have right now is to uninstall the update.

Is anyone else running into this issue?

:)

ASW Services, May 20, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 20, 2020
  3. SRuddock Win User
    Changing default SSL port and Activesync

Hello - scenario is this

Exchange 2003, sp2. Trying to setup activesync on a Windows Mobile device. We have SSL enabled but are not using the standard port 443. Getting an error message when trying to setup activesync and I think it is because we are not using the standard port.

Can someone either advise how to configure activesync to use another port, or how to configure this on the device, or confirm that this wont work at all and we have to change the SSL port back to 443.

SRuddock, May 20, 2020
  4. KB4551853 Edge will no longer Browse to Non-Standard SSL Ports

How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

Hello

CCLeaner cannot yet clean the cache of Microsoft Edge. You can clean your browsing data by following these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear
    If you don;'t understand exactly what I mean
    then see this post
    for a detailed step by step instruction with images.

Hope it helps you!

Yuri

Yuri Pustjens, May 20, 2020
Thema:

KB4551853 Edge will no longer Browse to Non-Standard SSL Ports

1. KB4551853 Edge will no longer Browse to Non-Standard SSL Ports - Similar Threads - KB4551853 Edge longer

2. Port 80 and Port 443 non existent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port 80 and Port 443 non existent: I am trying to use apache for a web development class and we are required to use xmapp to do so, Apache runs on port 80 and I believe SQL runs on port 443 but when i check netstat these ports are not even listed. Nothing I can tell is assigned to these ports either I do not...
  3. Can't start Edge browse

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't start Edge browse: It had been working fine till yesterday. Now I can't start it. Who can help with with advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-start-edge-browse/199d136c-a74b-46ad-9c2a-8fd698ebad5c
  4. Port Registration / Standard User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Port Registration / Standard User: Is there a work around to allow a user to register ports on the local machine without having full local administrator privileges? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-registration-standard-user/d9297bdc-ab4f-43a6-b4d4-f33d725abb30
  5. HDMI port non-functional

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI port non-functional: After the 12/12/18 update the HDMI port stopped functioning. I found a fix on the Intel site on 12/17/18. The port stopped working again on 12/24 and I can't find a fix. What's up?...
  6. Non standard wallpaper background colors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non standard wallpaper background colors: Hi guys, I'm a photographer and work mostly with black and white images. I took the jump from win7 to win10 today and in setting my wallpaper as "centered" (not fill or stretch etc) I am faced with not being able to choose an appropriate background color to go "behind" the...
  7. Edge browsing history

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browsing history: Hello, I read that to view your browsing history, select Hub > History. But I cannot find the Hub any thoughts? 18307
  8. ssl cache clear in microsoft edge

in Browsers and Email
    ssl cache clear in microsoft edge: hi, I really want to know if somebody here know, if it possible to clean the ssl cache on edge, like the content tab on ie, or not, and if not, are if I clean it on the tab in ie, are it works also on edge? thank you very much. 49578
  9. Eliminate Edge Browsing at shutdown

in Browsers and Email
    Eliminate Edge Browsing at shutdown: I can eliminate Edge browsing manually but why isn't it automatic when the system shuts down or restarts. When I sign off my system retains browsing and if I sign back in attempts to restart every tab that was left at shutdown 26106
  10. Edge A "Non-starter"

in Browsers and Email
    Edge A "Non-starter": Frustration is a mild word for what I'm dealing with! Upgraded from W7 but Edge cannot access the web or even search the web as Start Menu does not recognise that I'm actually connected. Error code 0x80072EFD when trying to access the store as well. Most of the Metro apps...