Windows 10: KB4556799 causing poor FPS performance.

Discus and support KB4556799 causing poor FPS performance. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; KB4556799 installed on my machine last night at the end of the day. After installation, I had pretty severe impacts to FPS in Destiny 2, seeing frames... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricLoft1, May 17, 2020.

1. EricLoft1 Win User

KB4556799 causing poor FPS performance.

KB4556799 installed on my machine last night at the end of the day. After installation, I had pretty severe impacts to FPS in Destiny 2, seeing frames drop from a norm of 100-120 down to below 60 in some instances. I have uninstalled the update and paused updates for the maximum allowed time, but please fix this issue before Windows tries to force install it again.

Basic system specs:

Z390 Aorus Ultra BIOS F10b

32GB RAM

EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Latest drivers

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.18363

:)

EricLoft1, May 17, 2020
  2. SlipSlice Win User

Poor Performance..

Ehh, well that didn't work...everything went well during the flash nothing went wrong, but no changes... Still low framerates...and poor performance...and other suggestions anybody?

SlipSlice, May 17, 2020
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    KB4074588 - Seems to cause random FPS caps/drops

Hi,

INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE and FPS drops usually happen if the system or hardware encountered some corruption which causes the issue to appear. Regarding your question about removing the update, we don't recommend doing it as Windows needs to be updated for
    its security and improvements.

Instead of removing the update, we would suggest that you perform an In-Place Upgrade. In doing so, it will patch or repair possible corruption that your computer is having without deleting any of your important files.

Here is the link where you can download the ISO file that you need for the process. Kindly watch the video on this article for a step-by-steps guide on how to download and perform it:
    How to perform an In-place Upgrade.

Kindly update us with the outcome.

Mayra Aqu, May 17, 2020
  4. Donna Men Win User

poor performance of laptop

Hi Manikanta,

There are several reasons why devices encounter poor performance. It may due to the memory capacity of the hard disk, malware and virus, out-of-date drivers, programs running on background, and some other reasons. There are different ways to solve the performance
    issue depending on what's causing it.

We'd like to learn more about your concern, so we can determine the best solution. Can you provide the answer to the following questions:

• What is your device and its specification?
    • Are you using multiple programs at the same time?
    • Is this happening to all programs you open?
    • Is this happening upon start up or just randomly?
    • What type of upgrade did you do to your PC?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Donna Men, May 17, 2020
Thema:

1. KB4556799 causing poor FPS performance. - Similar Threads - KB4556799 causing poor

2. struggling with poor performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    struggling with poor performance: I made a lot of work on the computer for the past month and I know that I notice that from time to time it will runs slower that the previous day. It became harder and harder for me to work since its slow and I cant finish task on the machine. This is a personal computer and...
  3. struggling with poor performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    struggling with poor performance: I made a lot of work on the computer for the past month and I know that I notice that from time to time it will runs slower that the previous day. It became harder and harder for me to work since its slow and I cant finish task on the machine. This is a personal computer and...
  4. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  5. Poor Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor Performance: Hi, I have a big problem with my HP laptop. It has Intel Core i3-7100U, intel graphics 620 and 4 GB ram. I don't know what to do, I've tried using CCleaner and other tutorials online but nothing worked. Seems like disk usage variates, by the time I finished writing this, disk...
  6. Poor Performance

7. poor performance, hangups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    poor performance, hangups: My Win 10 desktop is again performing so badly it is unusable. Windows explorer hangs up as well as web searches. A restart takes at least 10 minutes....."please wait"Peter Bresler...
  8. Poor performance

Poor performance: I have a new eurocom computer and have been having very bad performance issues. I takes like 10 minutes to even boot and the general system performance is bad once it has booted. Hard drive usage is almost always at 100% and when it isn't the computer works as it should but...
  9. audio and performance issues after install of kb4556799

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    audio and performance issues after install of kb4556799: I have been having audio and performance issues at startup since installing the latest may cumulative update for windows 10 1909. the issue i was having with the May update was broken up audio at startup when the startup sound was playing. it sounded like the system load...
  10. Poor Performance

Poor Performance: I upgraded Windows 7 Home Edition to Windows 10 years ago when it was first released and performance has been absolutely awful, I'd finally had enough a couple of days ago and decided to sacrifice my years of files and programmes to do a completely fresh reinstall of windows....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4556799 csgo