Windows 10: KB4557957 Updates Problem - Print spooler might error or close unexpectedly when attempting...

Discus and support KB4557957 Updates Problem - Print spooler might error or close unexpectedly when attempting... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After installing KB4557957 update I am having printing problem. I think Microsoft has roll out a latest update KB4567523 to fix this issue but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by shakeelsaroshah, Jun 24, 2020.

1. KB4557957 Updates Problem - Print spooler might error or close unexpectedly when attempting...

After installing KB4557957 update I am having printing problem.

I think Microsoft has roll out a latest update KB4567523 to fix this issue but unfortunately this update doesn't install on my laptop. I am having the following OS 1909.

Windows 10, version 1909 OS Build 18363.900

Please help!

Thanks.

:)

shakeelsaroshah, Jun 24, 2020
  2. Rich S_16 Win User

Print spooler shuts down, can no longer print from a Dell laptop running Windows 10.

Thank you for the rapid response.

Method 1 led back through the diagnostics, which determined that the "print Spooler service isn't running"

, as we knew. It then led to re-installing the printer and restarting the computer.

After the restart, the print spooler service still was not running.

After the computer was restarted, an attempt to manually start the spooler service resulted in

" Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on the local computer. ERROR 1067. the process terminated unexpectedly."

METHOD 2: as advised, I checked the dependencies for the print spooler service.

Listed were: HTTP Service and Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

The Remote Procedure Call was listed in the Services and was indicated to be running.

HTTP Service was NOT LISTED. Should it show up somewhere else, or is this the problem ?

Any suggestions ?

thanks.

Rich S

Rich S_16, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Reenieuo Win User
    Print Spooler Error 1068

I followed the steps you provided. When I get to the general the spooler status is stopped, when I try to start

and automatic is selected the Error 1068. If I try to update through HP, it stated that the spooler is not running.

Reenieuo, Jun 24, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

KB4557957 Updates Problem - Print spooler might error or close unexpectedly when attempting...

Print spooler wont start- error 0x800706b9

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with starting print spooler service and receive error code
    0x800706b9. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the printer?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect printer settings.

2. Printer services are corrupt or not started.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and run Printer troubleshooter. Check if that helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Method 2:

If the issue persist, I suggest you to follow these steps and check it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys, type
      services.msc in run window and press Enter.

• In services, stop "Print Spooler" service.

• In Windows explorer, navigate to the following folder location and open "PRINTERS" folder.

• C:\Windows\system32\spool\PRINTERS

• Click "Continue" or "Yes", if message prompts.

• Delete all files in "PRINTERS" folder and then close Windows explorer.

• Note: Please do not delete "PRINTERS" folder. Only delete its contents.

• Open services, and start "Print Spooler" service.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

KB4557957 Updates Problem - Print spooler might error or close unexpectedly when attempting...

1. KB4557957 Updates Problem - Print spooler might error or close unexpectedly when attempting... - Similar Threads - KB4557957 Updates Problem

2. Print spooler error 808

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print spooler error 808: Hi everybody,HELP !I keep getting crashes and then discover Print Spooler Error 808.None of the usual fixes work.I have now found in Event Viewer "click Applications and Services Logs --> Microsoft --> Windows --> Print Service --> Operational"The print spooler failed to load...
  3. Windows update KB4557957

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update KB4557957: Did windows 10 update to version 2004 update KB4557957 is freezing my computer apps don't work, won't restart had to force shut down and boot into recovery mode. once up and runing i uninstalled the update computer works fine but when i resume updates in installed again had...
  4. problem with KB4557957

problem with KB4557957: Hi I have a Brother HL-L2340DL printer and the MS update KB4557957 stops my printer working and Brother Helpdesk told me to delete the update which I did and the printer works works again. BUT..... the update keeps coming back and I have to delete it - this all takes...
  5. Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly

Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly: Can start the service in services.msc but when it is required to do anything such as manage a printer, or try to add a printer, it will stop. Event ID 7034 - The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 times. I have checked the dependencies and...
  6. Print spooler errors with and will not print documents

Print spooler errors with and will not print documents: The windows 10 print spooler error whenever I attempt to print. The printer has been working for a couple of years. I have reinstalled the printer and run all of the trouble shooters from HP and on Windows. The Event log is displaying the following error, whenever I...
  7. Print spooler error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print spooler error: When is microsoft going to fix this problem with the print spooler? I manage 40 windows 10 pc's for my work and i am constantly running around resetting the print spooler because windows 10 pro 64b willloose communication with the printers and yes i say printers because this...
  8. Print Spooler Problems

Print Spooler Problems: The print spooler keeps crashing. If I try to print I get the error 0x00006ba. This happens with the locally installed printer or any of the shared printers on the network. I have stopped and restarted the spooler, verified that there are not print files waiting to be...
  9. Problem with print spooler

Problem with print spooler: I have an HP Officejet 8720 and run Windows 10. I met this problem with a print spooler after two last Windows updates. It keeps filling and occasionally takes up over 2GB in the Task Manager. I don’t print so much so it is an issue that I need to fix. I tried to delete and...
  10. Print spooler chokes when attempting to print certain pdf files

Print spooler chokes when attempting to print certain pdf files: The print spooler chokes on both of my Windows 10 machines when trying to deal with certain pdf files. For instance when I tried to print https://thebasscase.files.wordpress....01/so-what.pdf via my browser (Chrome), it printed the first 6 pages, but the printer showed an...
Tags: