Windows 10: KB4560960 audio stops on Sound Blaster X G1 USB soundcard after sleep and restart

Discus and support KB4560960 audio stops on Sound Blaster X G1 USB soundcard after sleep and restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, after installing update KB4560960 I have trouble with soundcard. The highlight "Updates to improve security when using external devices such... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by d_schn, Jun 17, 2020.

1. d_schn Win User

KB4560960 audio stops on Sound Blaster X G1 USB soundcard after sleep and restart

Hello,

after installing update KB4560960 I have trouble with soundcard.

The highlight "Updates to improve security when using external devices such as game controllers, printers, and web cameras and input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or stylus." is breaking some devices.

Everything is fine... No errors... Output level is shown... but there is no audio output.

To get audio back I have to uninstall this device within the device manager... After new device installation everything is back working.

It's a really annoying process to remove the device from usb port, that device manager, show hidden devices, uninstall, replugin, wait for installation, set all output and mic levels...

Kind regards.

:)

d_schn, Jun 17, 2020

2. Sound blaster x-fi mb3

Hi Duncan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Hardware and sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.

• Click on Hardware and devices under Devices.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware and devices dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).
    • Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the device manager and uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter driver for Windows 10 and install the same. Visit the below link:

http://software.store.creative.com/p/software/sound-blaster-x-fi-mb3

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 17, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Creative Announces Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and USB Sound Blaster X-Fi HD Audio

Creative Technology Ltd. today announced the PCI-E Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and USB Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD, setting the gold standard for PC audio with the first discrete audio card and USB digital audio system to include THX TruStudio PC audio technology.

"The Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and Sound Blaster X-Fi HD provide the highest quality audio playback of any sound products we have ever introduced, over a period of time where we have sold more than 400 million Sound Blaster cards," said Steve Erickson, Vice President and General Manager of Audio and Video at Creative. "We are thrilled to announce that our newest additions to the Sound Blaster line include THX TruStudio PC audio technology, bringing together two of the most respected names in sound quality to provide an unparalleled audio experience on the PC."

KB4560960 audio stops on Sound Blaster X G1 USB soundcard after sleep and restart 72a_thm.jpg

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD
    The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD is powered by the second-generation Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity audio processor for PCI Express slots. The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD combines captivating industrial design with audiophile grade Digital to Analog Converters (DACs) and components to produce a 122dB signal-to-noise ratio, the highest SNR ever produced by a Creative sound card. A replaceable Op-amp is also a distinguishing feature allowing users to customise audio output with colouration that is refined to their personal tastes.

Additional product specifications include:
    • RCA Line Out for audio playback up to 122dB, 24-bit/96kHz Digital-to-Analog Converters (DAC)
    • RCA Line Input for recording up to 118dB, 24-bit 96kHZ Analog-to-Digital Converters (ADC)
    • 0.001% Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise (THD+N)
    • Headphone output for audio listening up to 115dB 33 Ohms, and 117dB, 330 Ohms, at 24bit/96kHz
    • Replaceable Op-amps
    • Hardware-accelerated 3D positional audio and EAX 5.0 effects that provide a truly immersive experience with headphones and speakers
    • Dolby Digital and DTS encoding enables one-step single-cable connection to home entertainment systems
    • TOS-link optical-in/out
    • 1/8" microphone-in
    • 1/8" headphone jack
    • Creative ALchemy to restore EAX and surround sound that is otherwise lost in DirectSound game titles running under Windows Vista and Windows 7
    • ASIO recording support with latency as low as one millisecond with minimal CPU load
    • Works with Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems
    Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD
    Designed as a high definition USB audio solution for notebooks and desktops, the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB digital audio system features audiophile-grade recording and playback. It is the only USB digital audio system that includes an analogue phono input, as well as standard audio inputs, enabling users to effortlessly convert analogue audio from their record albums or cassette tapes into MP3, AAC, FLAC and other digital formats. The systems comes with Media Toolbox, a comprehensive software package, including an advanced noise reduction programme that easily remove unwanted clicks, crackles, hums, pops, rumble and other sound imperfections from the tracks after they have been recorded, substantially improving the audio quality for playback.

The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD USB digital audio system also features THX TruStudio PC, bringing the same great audio experience found in live performances, films, and recording studios to laptop and desktop PCs.

Additional product specifications include:
    • RCA Line Out for audio playback up to 114dB, 24-bit/96kHz Digital-to-Analog Converters (DAC)
    • RCA/Phono Line Input for recording up to 108dB, 24-bit 96kHZ Analog-to-Digital Converters
    • TOS-link optical-in/out
    • Gold-plated 1/4" microphone-in
    • Gold-plated 1/4" headphone jack
    • USB-bus powered, no external power supply required
    • Creative ALchemy to restore EAX and surround sound that is otherwise lost in DirectSound game titles running under Windows Vista and Windows 7
    • Works with Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems
    THX TruStudio PC
    THX TruStudio PC is specially designed to bring the same great audio experience found in live performances, films, and recording studios to the PC. THX TruStudio PC provides groundbreaking PC audio technologies, the result of collaborative research and development from Creative and THX. Together, these technologies deliver the fullest audio experience for music, movies and games, while remaining true to the source and intention of the artistes who created it. THX TruStudio PC includes:

THX TruStudio PC Surround
    THX TruStudio PC Surround provides immersion control to enhance the natural sense of audio depth and spaciousness by creating virtual surround sound channels. Stereo content or multichannel content played over stereo speakers and headphones will sound as if it is coming from all sides while voices remain centred in front and original balance and timbre is preserved.

THX TruStudio PC Crystalizer
    THX TruStudio PC Crystalizer restores the natural dynamic range that is lost when iTunes and MP3 music get compressed. This makes the music sound as good as the artiste originally intended, and adds an enhanced level of realism for movies and games.

THX TruStudio PC Speaker
    THX TruStudio PC Speaker fills in the missing low frequency tones and gives the extra impact for a better entertainment experience. Consumers no longer have to tolerate lack of bass in speakers built into notebook PCs, 2.0 speakers or headphones, as THX TruStudio PC Speaker technology dramatically improves the sound experience without a subwoofer.

THX TruStudio PC Dialog Plus
    THX TruStudio PC Dialog Plus enhances the voices in movies for clearer dialogue, allowing the listener to hear the dialogue over the rest of the soundtrack and over ambient noise in the listening environment.

THX TruStudio PC Smart Volume
    THX TruStudio PC Smart Volume addresses the problem of abrupt volume level changes during playback and between songs by automatically and continuously measuring volume, and intelligently applying gain and attenuation to compensate for those changes.

Pricing and Availability
    The Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD will be available at The CREATIVE Stores at International Business Park and Marina Square, the online store at sg.store.creative.com and authorised dealers in Singapore from March 2010 onwards at the suggested retail prices of S$299.00 and S$149.00 respectively.

btarunr, Jun 17, 2020
  4. KB4560960 audio stops on Sound Blaster X G1 USB soundcard after sleep and restart

Creative Launches the Sound Blaster E Series USB Audio Solutions

Creative Technology Ltd today launched an all-new series of small but powerful USB audio solutions for PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets -- The Sound Blaster E Series. Consisting of the Sound Blaster E3 and the Sound Blaster E1, the Sound Blaster E Series builds upon the popularity of the Sound Blaster X-Fi Go!Pro. They utilize USB plug-and-play connectivity to provide PC, and now even Mac users, with access to a powerful USB audio experience through real-time advanced audio processing.

Top audio quality is ensured even on smartphones and tablets through the Sound Blaster E Series' high SNR levels and 600Ω headphone amplifiers that supply more power than a standard headphone jack. The Sound Blaster E3 can also function as a high performance USB DAC for selected smartphones and tablets, and users can alternatively enjoy high quality wireless audio by pairing with smartphones and tablets via Bluetooth.

KB4560960 audio stops on Sound Blaster X G1 USB soundcard after sleep and restart Creative_Sound_Blaster_E3_01_thm.jpg

KB4560960 audio stops on Sound Blaster X G1 USB soundcard after sleep and restart Creative_Sound_Blaster_E1_01_thm.jpg

With their high SNR levels, high performance USB DAC and headphone amplification capabilities, the Sound Blaster E Series products are designed as end-to-end solutions that allow users to bring the best out of their audio and their headphones, even when they are on the go. In addition, the Sound Blaster E Series supports studio-grade headphones.

"Since the inception of Sound Blaster, we have provided the best audio quality for PC and Mac users. That being said, the mobile market has rapidly grown, creating opportunities for entertainment experiences on the move that only a few years ago were confined to the PC or living room. With the Sound Blaster E Series, we are not only able to enhance the PC audio experience, but have gone beyond it. These devices capitalize on our high-end audio expertise, and give smartphone and tablet users the opportunity to experience uncompressed audio quality while on the go," said Long Chye Low, General Manager for Sound Blaster Audio at Creative.

Beyond their sound card and headphone amplification capabilities, the Sound Blaster E3 and E1 also feature dual headphone ports for music sharing. Furthermore, they feature high quality embedded microphones for voice recording and phone calls, virtually turning every headphone into a headset.

Sound Blaster E3
    The all new Sound Blaster E Series is led by the Sound Blaster E3, a powerful USB DAC & Bluetooth Headphone Amplifier. When connected to PCs and Macs, users can utilize the downloadable Sound Blaster E Series Control Panel software to access the full suite of SBX Pro Studio audio enhancement technologies, giving users a powerful and fully customizable listening experience for movies, music and games.

Users can also utilize the Sound Blaster E3's 600Ω headphone amplifier (600Ω amplification capabilities) for audio listening from smartphones and tablets. Additionally, the Sound Blaster E3 features Bluetooth connectivity, which allows the device to connect to smartphones and tablets wirelessly for up to 8 hours of wireless audio playback. The Sound Blaster E3 also functions as a portable USB DAC, so users can connect the Sound Blaster E3 to selected smartphones or tablets via USB for uncompressed digital audio streaming.

Intelligent Technological Highlights of the Sound Blaster E3
    • Functions as a powerful external sound card, providing PC and Mac users with the power of real-time Sound Blaster audio processing from a small package.
    • Utilizes a simple plug and play USB connection for PCs and Macs. This provides users with high-resolution digital audio while charging the device.
    • Features high quality audio with a 110dB SNR and a 600Ω headphone amplifier for a powerful and detailed listening experience.
    • Due to its small, ultra-portable size and internal lithium-ion battery, headphone amplification can also be enjoyed when used with smartphones and tablets while on the go.
    • Users can enjoy the freedom of Bluetooth wireless audio playback between the Sound Blaster E3 and smartphones, tablets, or mobile devices capable of Bluetooth output.
    • The Sound Blaster E3 functions as a portable USB DAC, so users can also connect the Sound Blaster E3 to selected smartphones or tablets via USB for uncompressed digital audio streaming.
    • Supports Audio Stream Input/Output (ASIO) for low latency and high fidelity playback.
    • Gives up to 8 hours of battery life when wireless Bluetooth is enabled. When used in analog mode, battery life lasts up to 17 hours.
    • Features two headphone ports for convenient simultaneous stereo audio listening.
    • Features powerful voice recording and clear voice calls via the built-in microphone that virtually transforms every headphone into a headset. When connected to PC and Mac via USB, users can utilize CrystalVoice Technology for real-time voice enhancements.
    Sound Blaster E1
    The Sound Blaster E1 is a small but powerful wired USB HD Audio and Headphone Amplifier that increases the level of audio detail and resolution on PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets. Like the Sound Blaster E3, it functions as an advanced external sound card for PCs and Macs, while providing smartphone and tablet users with powerful and detailed audio amplification.

Intelligent Technological Highlights of the Sound Blaster E1
    • Functions as a powerful external sound card, providing PC and Mac users with the power of real-time Sound Blaster audio processing from a small package.
    • Utilizes a simple plug and play USB connection for PCs and Macs.
    • Features high quality audio with a 106dB SNR and a 600Ω headphone amplifier for a powerful and detailed listening experience.
    • Due to its small size and internal lithium-ion battery, headphone amplification can also be enjoyed when used with smartphones and tablets while on the go.
    • Supports Audio Stream Input/Output (ASIO) for low latency and high fidelity playback.
    • Gives up to 25 hours of battery life.
    • Features two headphone ports for convenient simultaneous stereo audio listening.
    • Features powerful voice recording and clear voice calls via the built-in microphone. When connected to PC and Mac via USB, users can utilize CrystalVoice Technology for real-time voice enhancements.
    Pricing and Availability
    The Creative Sound Blaster E3 and Sound Blaster E1 audio solutions will be available at the online store at us.creative.com at the following suggested retail prices:
    • Creative Sound Blaster E3 USD129 (Available from early July 2014 onwards)
    • Creative Sound Blaster E1 USD49 (Available now)

Cristian_25H, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

KB4560960 audio stops on Sound Blaster X G1 USB soundcard after sleep and restart

1. KB4560960 audio stops on Sound Blaster X G1 USB soundcard after sleep and restart - Similar Threads - KB4560960 audio stops

2. No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard.: Computer Specs: Dell Optiplex 990, running Windows 10Soundcard Specs: Creative Soundblaster Z SEMicrophone Specs: USB, plugged into a USB-to-3.5-Jack adaptor, so I can plug it into the soundcard.The mic worked "exactly okay" when it was just plugged in via usb, before I got...
  3. Windows 10 and Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Problem

Windows 10 and Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio Problem: I've had a X-Fi Xtreme Audio card and driver for several years without issue. Suddenly, I'm getting sound interference from one of the channels in my output devices I've tried two different sets of headphones. I have tried different solutions but nothing has worked yet....
  4. Sound Blaster audio output

Sound Blaster audio output: I have a Dell Computer with Windows 10. Started out with Windows 7 and with automatic updates over the years to Windows 10. Problem: My sound system is Creative Sound Blaster “Recon3D PCIe.” After the last Windows update the sound has been unreliable, such as no sound...
  5. Sound blaster z audio sometimes sounds low and unclear

Sound blaster z audio sometimes sounds low and unclear: Windows 7 64 bit Sound card: Creative Sound Blaster Z I been having issues with this sound card for a while. This is a strange issue. The problem is that when the issue occurs you cannot hear the audio properly. It would sound very muffled, unclear and low at the same...
  6. No sound from sound blaster

No sound from sound blaster: I just installed the most recent windows 10 tech preview last night; but my sound blaster pci express sound card did not get installed correctly or something because i am getting no sound at all. Please help me fix this before I roll everything back to the old setup. 3759
  7. Sound Blaster Z - No Sound

Sound Blaster Z - No Sound: Hi guys! Some days ago I made a fresh install of Windows 1709 and things appears to be working. Today I`m having some sound problem with my SBZ and I tried to reinstall driver but since then, I have no sound. Thanks for any help 97834
  8. No audio: Sound Blaster PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Build 14393.447?

No audio: Sound Blaster PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Build 14393.447?: My Creative Sound Blaster PCI Express X-Fi Titanium worked just fine with Win 10 (64-bit) prior to the so-called "Anniversary Update" Any solutions would be appreciated. 69708
  9. Creative X-FI Soundcards

Creative X-FI Soundcards: Has anyone been successful in getting their X-FI soundcards to work under Windows 10. Mine worked perfectly under Win 7 and when I did the upgrade to WIndows 10, it stopped giving me sound. I just finished over the last couple of days upgrading to the new Creative Drivers and...
  10. Sound Issue in Windows 10 with Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

Sound Issue in Windows 10 with Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium: Hello -- After I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 Pro, there was no sound. Obviously, Creative Labs has yet to release compatible drivers for many of their sound cards. Nevertheless, I found out that I'd make it work by changing its modes back and forth via its Audio Control...
Tags: