Windows 10: KB4565503 Causing black screen "Generic Non-PnP Monitor was not migrated due to partial or...

Discus and support KB4565503 Causing black screen "Generic Non-PnP Monitor was not migrated due to partial or... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just updated to KB4565503 and whatever other update was available earlier today and now the monitor won't show Windows just a black screen outside of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichealMouse, Jul 16, 2020.

1. KB4565503 Causing black screen "Generic Non-PnP Monitor was not migrated due to partial or...

Just updated to KB4565503 and whatever other update was available earlier today and now the monitor won't show Windows just a black screen outside of Safe Mode. I should have known better after last month when a KB disabled access to my older multi-function printer.

The monitor is running on MS's Generic Non-PnP Monitor driver, which of course autoMS insists is the latest and bestest even when it's not working.

Under Monitors in Device Manager, the generic reports events as:

Device configured monitor.inf

Device DISPLAY\Default_Monitor\1&8713bca&0&UID0 was configured.

Driver Name: monitor.inf

Class Guid: {4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Driver Date: 06/21/2006
    Driver Version: 10.0.19041.1
    Driver Provider: Microsoft
    Driver Section: NonPnPMonitor.Install
    Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
    Matching Device Id: MONITOR\Default_Monitor
    Outranked Drivers: monitor.inf:*PNP09FF:00FF2000
    Device Updated: false

Parent Device: ROOT\BasicDisplay\0000

Directly above it at the exact same second, it reports:

Device not migrated

Device DISPLAY\Default_Monitor\1&8713bca&0&UID0 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: DISPLAY\SAM02B6\5&516fe02&0&UID4352

Class Guid: {4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF0000F102

Present: false

So, obviously I can't update it, there's nothing to rollback, already tried disabling it and uninstalling it, but as it's a MS problem, there's no other driver I can use. Now what?

Running Win10 ver. 2004

:)

MichealMouse, Jul 16, 2020
  2. SamuelLV Win User

'Generic PnP monitor' issue

Hello Angelica,

I would suggest you follow steps to update the monitor driver:

Press Windows + X keys

Choose Device manager

Click on Monitors

Right click on ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and click on update driver

Tap on Browse my computer for driver software

Tap on Let me pick from a list of available drivers

Choose ‘Generic PnP monitor’ and tap on Next

When you are done please restart the computer.

SamuelLV, Jul 16, 2020
  3. duaangg Win User
    Generic Non PnP Monitor problem with AMD Eyefinity

Hello guys, I have 3 monitors which have same resolution of 1280x1024. 2 of them detected the model and the other one detected with "Generic Non PnP Monitor". If i manage to combine the three monitors, it supposed to be 3840x1024 resolution. But, the generic non PnP monitor caused it become 4160x1024 resolution. The Generic non monitor detect like 1600x900 resolution. I can't resize the desktop into fill. I do so, the generic non PnP monitor went black. Please help.

duaangg, Jul 16, 2020
  4. KB4565503 Causing black screen "Generic Non-PnP Monitor was not migrated due to partial or...

Nothing connected yet Generic Non PnP Monitors detected

So recently my computer was formatted and I did a clean installation of Windows 10 as advised step-by-step with a Microsoft support official.

Anyways, recently without anything connected to the laptop at all Device Manager and Display settings show that there are another 4 or 5 screens regarded as Generic Non PnP monitors.

After uninstalling each Monitor from Device Manager and scanning for hardware changes it still detects 4 or 5 Generic Non PnP monitors.

How can I stop this?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / PC Projection & Continuum / PC

KishanNarotam, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

KB4565503 Causing black screen "Generic Non-PnP Monitor was not migrated due to partial or...

1. KB4565503 Causing black screen "Generic Non-PnP Monitor was not migrated due to partial or... - Similar Threads - KB4565503 Causing black

2. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...
  3. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor": Anyone know how to remove this flicker driver "generic non-pnp monitor"?it is a ghost driver monitor. Its keeping uninstall then reinstall again over and over that make screen got delay. its happen when i play any heavy games .I have tried DDu and install lastest graphic...
  4. Flicker ghost monitor driver "generic non-pnp monitor"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Generic PnP Monitor

Generic PnP Monitor: All of a sudden my pcs default monitor was changed to generic pnp monitor driver . Improper visuals during gaming at low resolution and so on. how can i fix this and intall the previos driverI have tried updating, reinstalling but nothing seems to workHP BS100 series...
  6. Generic pnp monitor

Generic pnp monitor: I accidently unintalled the generic pnp monitor but now i need it to access a program. kindly advise on how to reinstall and enable the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-pnp-monitor/319a110b-d138-44ca-8e7d-248a8fbdb0df
  7. monitor Generic pnp

in Windows 10 Customization
    monitor Generic pnp: Ok! First I Have this problem when i switched to windows 10 this problem i have never had it before my mouse not smooth there is mouse trails when i move my mouse i turn it off from mouse settings nothing happens i need help this problem don't give me smooth...
  8. KB4565503 Generic Non-PnP Monitor was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match

KB4565503 Generic Non-PnP Monitor was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match: Just updated to KB4565503 and whatever other update was available earlier today and now the monitor won't show Windows just a black screen outside of Safe Mode. I should have known better after last month when a KB disabled access to my older multi-function printer. The...
  9. Generic PnP Monitor

Generic PnP Monitor: I am using a Microsoft Surface Book 2 with a Surface Dock connected to an Electriq 24' 4K HDR monitor via a mini DP to HDMI adapter. I cannot get anything on the monitor to appear. I can switch from extend, duplicate and display on monitor 2 and it does nothing, aside from...
  10. Generic PNP monitor

Generic PNP monitor: Hello, I use a CAD program that apparently has a problem with my ASUS 4K monitor. Seems I've tried every which way to get Window to recognize my monitor but, all I get is . . generic PnP monitor with an old 2006 driver. I've downloaded the current monitor but, Windows...
Tags: