Windows 10: KB4574727 major issue after update enter correct local password , OS stuck

Discus and support KB4574727 major issue after update enter correct local password , OS stuck in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the 9th of September, i've installed and then UNINSTALLED this update due to it has left me locked out of my local account. After installing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andrew M20, Sep 15, 2020.

1. KB4574727 major issue after update enter correct local password , OS stuck

Since the 9th of September, i've installed and then UNINSTALLED this update due to it has left me locked out of my local account.

After installing this update and then restarted it would take me to the home login screen where i would input my CORRECT local login password , BUT this would cause it to say "Incorrect password" when i know its correct, i've had to uninstall this update as it has caused me nothing but grief and i need access to this laptop and my files during this pandemic.

i have tried numerous fixes which didn't work except uninstalling the update, i'm not sure if it is corrupt files or something but desperately need help or something in order for this update to be installed without locking me out of my machine.

I cannot afford to be locked out my computer during this as its my only means of getting work done and contact

Thanks

A

:)

Andrew M20, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 stuck at lock screen, unable to enter password

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Are you trying to log-in using Microsoft account or local account?
    • Are you trying to enter pin or password?

Assuming that this issue might be because of keyboard, I suggest you to use on-screen keyboard from the lock screen and check if it helps.

Steps: From the lock screen, click on Ease of access and click on On-screen keyboard.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information. We will be happy to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2020
  4. KB4574727 major issue after update enter correct local password , OS stuck

When typing in password I get half way through then the password field fills randomly on its own not letting me enter correct password.

Hi Stephen,

I suggest you to force restart the computer and try to enter the password, check whether the issue persists or not.

This issue might occur if you press any key by mistake continuously it fills the password field if there is issue with the keyboard.

So determine the issue, I suggest you to use the ‘Onscreen keyboard’ and try to enter the password and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list. Or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

KB4574727 major issue after update enter correct local password , OS stuck

1. KB4574727 major issue after update enter correct local password , OS stuck - Similar Threads - KB4574727 major issue

2. Major Display Issue after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Major Display Issue after Windows Update.: Hello all, After updating to the newest windows on my 2020 spectra x360 I have been having some SERIOUS display glitching multiple horizontal black bars across screen, copying parts of the screen and repeating them in odd places on display. It tends to happen and worsen when...
  3. Major Display Issue after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Display Issue after Windows Update.: Hello all, After updating to the newest windows on my 2020 spectra x360 I have been having some SERIOUS display glitching multiple horizontal black bars across screen, copying parts of the screen and repeating them in odd places on display. It tends to happen and worsen when...
  4. I cannot sign in Microsoft Windows local machine. After entering correct password it shows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot sign in Microsoft Windows local machine. After entering correct password it shows...: Initially I have forgotten my password. After that, I got my right password & tried again it shows "Password is invalid". Is there any way to send OTP to my mail or phone for resetting my password. I just bought Dell Inspiron in 2013. So I need to know if my product key is...
  5. I cannot sign in Microsoft Windows local machine. After entering correct password it shows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot sign in Microsoft Windows local machine. After entering correct password it shows...: Initially I have forgotten my password. After that, I got my right password & tried again it shows "Password is invalid". Is there any way to send OTP to my mail or phone for resetting my password. I just bought Dell Inspiron in 2013. So I need to know if my product key is...
  6. After Entering Correct bitlocker password laptop freezes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After Entering Correct bitlocker password laptop freezes: Hello,I enabled the bitlocker protection to my internal drive partition F, but after sometime encryption stuck at 81.9% and not able to refresh the screen. When i restarted my pc and try to access the drive my laptop gone dead slow and not able to access anything. If someone...
  7. Major Issue after Updating to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Major Issue after Updating to 20H2: I updated my PC by clicking on the pop-up that said restart now to update. Ever since then my Windows has not worked properly. The taskbar is unresponsive, and I cannot open any shortcuts on my desktop. I cannot open settings. I do not have any sound coming from either my...
  8. KB4574727 fails to install

KB4574727 fails to install: This update has failed to install many times and it appears to be preventing other further updates of the New Windows 10 from updating on my computer. But in the forums, I see that so many people has trouble when this update did install. I'm not sure how to get the other...
  9. Major issues after last update......

Major issues after last update......: Last MS update really mad a mess of my system, constantly disconnecting from internet and sometimes fail to recognize the network adapter as well. And yes I have already updated the drivers for the adapter and they are all fine expect Windows who seems incapable to uphold a...
  10. Facing major issues after update -

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Facing major issues after update -: I just got an update on 15/05 : KB4551762 KB4537572 And ever since that update, my laptop has lost network connectivity (wired, wireless), start button won't respond, notification tray won't open, and several other glitches. Need help on this one. submitted by...
Tags: