Windows 10: KB4579311 causing explorer to crash repeatedly when logging in.

Discus and support KB4579311 causing explorer to crash repeatedly when logging in. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I've been having an issue with KB4579311. When it gets installed it causes the Explorer to crash repeatedly until it eventually logs me in, at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SmellyFox, Oct 17, 2020.

1. SmellyFox Win User

KB4579311 causing explorer to crash repeatedly when logging in.

Hi, I've been having an issue with KB4579311. When it gets installed it causes the Explorer to crash repeatedly until it eventually logs me in, at which point I can use it as normal. BUT, the crashing increases time it takes to log in and load everything up. It's very annoying.

Uninstalling KB4579311 stops the issue but when it installs it's self again the issue returns.

I'm getting tired of repeating the same steps over and over to use my computer as intended.

This is shown in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x89ce2e55
    Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.546, time stamp: 0x43cbc11d
    Exception code: 0xc0000409
    Fault offset: 0x000000000007287e
    Faulting process ID: 0x21e8
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d6a45d9c54ed23
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\ucrtbase.dll
    Report ID: 0fa45953-9e3f-4a5f-bafc-ee4c5229c9ca
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

What I'm looking for is a fix. Not a workaround.

Thanks

:)

SmellyFox, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows explorer crashing

if you have nod32, version 2.7 often caused problems with explorer crashing in vista/XP after 3.0 was released.

Mussels, Oct 17, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    explorer just crashed? why?

One bad file can cause explorer to crash. Have you defragmented your HDD's lately?

erocker, Oct 17, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

Namslas90, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

1. KB4579311 causing explorer to crash repeatedly when logging in. - Similar Threads - KB4579311 causing explorer

2. Windows Update KB4579311 causing explorer to crash repeatedly when logging in.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update KB4579311 causing explorer to crash repeatedly when logging in.: Hi, I've been having an issue with Windows Update KB4579311. When it gets installed it causes the Explorer to crash repeatedly until it eventually logs me in, at which point I can use it as normal. BUT, the crashing increases time it takes to log in and load everything up....
  3. Security Update for Windows KB4579311 causes issues to drivers.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Update for Windows KB4579311 causes issues to drivers.: This update caused my touchpad driver to stop responding and since the update, my touchpad has become totally useless!! Also, it caused Network Driver issues on my other system....
  4. Repeated system crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Repeated system crashes: I keep experiencing unexpected shutdowns, about once a day, and am getting these errors: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Is this enough information to tell me what is causing this? I do not know how to share the dump file, but with a little guidance could probably get it done...
  5. The 1909 update causes Explorer to crash when attempting to extract an archive using the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The 1909 update causes Explorer to crash when attempting to extract an archive using the...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/thegreatestminer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dvxxc3/the_1909_update_causes_explorer_to_crash_when/
  6. KB4512508 causing file explorer crash

KB4512508 causing file explorer crash: I'm using Windows 10 Version 18362, AMD 64, desktop. About 1 month ago, I started to experience explorer malfunction (right click menu and folder are not displayed correctly), followed with explorer restarting under some trigger, for example right click on desktop. Problem...
  7. Repeated Crashing of Apps

Repeated Crashing of Apps: SO, recently there have been a few things happening to my Lenovo V330-14IKB laptop running Windows 10 (1803). First, Magnifier would randomly enter docked mode from full screen. Second, Chrome started giving me some Aw Snap! messages. Then, when I wanted to swipe...
  8. Repeated Crashing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated Crashing: Mainly when I go to watch youtube, my pc crashes. I have had several errors and they stopped happening for a while so I thought they fixed themselves but they recently came back. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA MEMORY_MANAGEMENT several others which i cannot remember I was...
  9. Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates: (Also posted yesterday on Tom's Hardware--no responses there so far.) I have an exactly one-year-old Asus notebook (X555DA) running Windows 10. A little more than a month ago my laptop after a restart was slow and certain pages and programs refused to launch, despite...
  10. Creating or Renaming a Folder Causes Explorer To Crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Creating or Renaming a Folder Causes Explorer To Crash: These are my issues: When I create a New Folder and try naming it, it freezes, then Explorer will restart. The folder will be made but if I try to rename it, it will do the same thing. When I try deleting that empty folder, the Moving to Recycle bin takes over 30 sec...