Windows 10: KB4592438. Update now windows doesn’t recognize login password

Discus and support KB4592438. Update now windows doesn’t recognize login password in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Since the quality windows update beginning in September I am unable to log into windows account, keep getting incorrect password. I cant get into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mugsy116, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Mugsy116 Win User

KB4592438. Update now windows doesn’t recognize login password

Since the quality windows update beginning in September I am unable to log into windows account, keep getting incorrect password. I cant get into safe mode to make changes because its still requiring a password which comes up as incorrect. After troubleshooting and removing the problematic quality update I am able to get into the account. However, once the update comes back. I cant get into the account.

:)

Mugsy116, Dec 12, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

KB4592438. Update now windows doesn’t recognize login password [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, Dec 12, 2020
  4. KB4592438. Update now windows doesn’t recognize login password

Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

KB4592438. Update now windows doesn’t recognize login password

1. KB4592438. Update now windows doesn’t recognize login password - Similar Threads - KB4592438 Update doesn’t

2. Windows 11 doesn’t recognize my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 doesn’t recognize my password: Hello, and thank you all in advance for your time! I’ve recently entered my password wrongly too many times and now Windows is asking me to enter the challenge phrase “A1B2C3” to try again. After I do that and press enter, it gives me another chance to introduce my actual...
  3. Windows 11 doesn’t recognize my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 doesn’t recognize my password: Hello, and thank you all in advance for your time! I’ve recently entered my password wrongly too many times and now Windows is asking me to enter the challenge phrase “A1B2C3” to try again. After I do that and press enter, it gives me another chance to introduce my actual...
  4. KB4592438 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4592438 Update: Hello everyone! I have a problem with an KB4592438 update. When I tried to install this update, my computer failed after restarting system. On the screen blue screen with sign: DO not turn off your computer and then failed with installation. It took all changes back and my...
  5. Restarting to install Window updates KB4592438

Restarting to install Window updates KB4592438: window asked for a restart to install but after I chose restart, it stuck at restarting with the circling dots. I have just reset my PC about 2 days before this update because of the same problem stuck at restarting [IMG]...
  6. Cumulative Update KB4592438

Cumulative Update KB4592438: I cannot download this update from the windows updater and I cannot download it manually either. It fails everytime. Error code 0x80070002. I uninstalled the previous update and it successfully reinstalled the previous but still failed with this one. Help please....
  7. Windows Update Error 0x80071160 on Update KB4592438

Windows Update Error 0x80071160 on Update KB4592438: I have been trying to update my Windows 10 to the latest version KB4592438, however every time I try it stops at 100% and then shows the error 0x80071160. I have tried: Running the Windows Update Troubleshooting Clearing the SoftwareDistribution folder Running sfc /scannow...
  8. Restarted computer in safe mode and now it doesn’t recognize my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarted computer in safe mode and now it doesn’t recognize my password: I started my Dell desktop in safe mode then restarted it and now it does not recognize my password. Is there a simple fix for this that i don’t know?...
  9. Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized: Yesterday evening on 09/03/2018 a WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPDATE shut down my Lenovo laptop. After rebooting and continuing the update process about 3 times, on its own, I finally saw the screen saver and the box for entering my password. But, when I entered my password it was no...
  10. Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Automatic Update Now Password Not Recognized: Yesterday evening on 09/03/2018 a WINDOWS AUTOMATIC UPDATE shut down my Lenovo laptop. After rebooting and continuing the update process about 3 times, on its own, I finally saw the screen saver and the box for entering my password. But, when I entered my password it was no...
Tags: