Windows 10: KB4592440 - Cumulative Update Bug possibly

Discus and support KB4592440 - Cumulative Update Bug possibly in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, Is anyone aware of any issues around KB4592440 December cumulative update. Noticed with a handful of users 10 out of 1500 that after this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HarryWhitney1, Jan 11, 2021.

1. KB4592440 - Cumulative Update Bug possibly

Hello,

Is anyone aware of any issues around KB4592440 December cumulative update.

Noticed with a handful of users 10 out of 1500 that after this update was installed on a reboot their profiles are completely wiped and looked brand new, it was definately after this update as the one prior was weeks before.

It's similiar to what was reported in the February update although there's no .ooo profile folder anywhere.

Any pointers of what might have happened etc are helpful.

:)

HarryWhitney1, Jan 11, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Cumulative Update failing

Hi Oldmike65,

When I was not bugging you this evening I found this link (Cumulative Update KB4013429 and KB4013418 (Windows 10 Build 14393.953) - Software Updates - nsane.forums) which gives a link for a KB4013429 .cab update from Microsoft Update.

Scroll down until you get to 'Direct Download' and the different options listed in the Microsoft Catalog for msu are listed here for .cab.

My question: is it possible that the .cab update could be successful for me when the 'msu' wasn't?

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

KB4592440 - Cumulative Update Bug possibly

Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

Thema:

KB4592440 - Cumulative Update Bug possibly

1. KB4592440 - Cumulative Update Bug possibly - Similar Threads - KB4592440 Cumulative Update

2. Windows 11 cumulative update sound bug

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cumulative update sound bug: I am currently using windows 11 home and i updated my windows to 2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5016691. I found a bug that whenever we listen a song or watch a video in any app e.g, google chrome, microsoft edge, spotify, the video and audio...
  3. Windows 11 cumulative update sound bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cumulative update sound bug: I am currently using windows 11 home and i updated my windows to 2022-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems KB5016691. I found a bug that whenever we listen a song or watch a video in any app e.g, google chrome, microsoft edge, spotify, the video and audio...
  4. Microsoft cumulative updates issue KB4592440

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft cumulative updates issue KB4592440: Hello,I decided to check what build is my windows 10. I ran “winver” command and found that I have version 1809 OS Build 17763.1579. My windows update service showed that everything is up-to-date. Then I found this page:...
  5. Microsoft cumulative updates issue KB4592440

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft cumulative updates issue KB4592440: Hello,I decided to check what build is my windows 10. I ran “winver” command and found that I have version 1809 OS Build 17763.1579. My windows update service showed that everything is up-to-date. Then I found this page:...
  6. Microsoft cumulative updates issue KB4592440

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update?

Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update?: I believe there may be a bug in the latest Windows 10 Update on December 14, 2020. Since the update, when my desktop computer goes to sleep and I "wake it up," my screen is black, but still shows all of my desktop icons, folders, and task bar items. However I am not able to...
  8. Possible .NET update bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible .NET update bug?: I think the most recent NET update (KB4565633, issued about 3 days ago for 1909 systems) might have broken something on my system. The update appeared to go off without a hitch. However, the next day, I started my computer, and Chromium Edge immediately began crashing...
  9. Possible Bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Possible Bug?: Hi as of the 2004 update I have had issues trying to install programs, I have been trying to install a trial of Autodesk Maya and 3ds Max but neither are installing correctly. I have tried 3 times now. I am going crazy lol. submitted by /u/Cully_83 [link] [comments]...
  10. Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug)

Unwanted restarts for updates (possible bug): Hello, First of all i am a long time Microsoft/windows fan (YES i still have my windows 10 mobile device in active use). I have long supported MS desisions and defended them where i could, but this is getting out of hand! tl;dr My PC just restarted, quite normal you say?...