Windows 10: KB459824 Introduces Issues with 2 Windows System Processes, Causing Massive Instability

Discus and support KB459824 Introduces Issues with 2 Windows System Processes, Causing Massive Instability in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello there, a day ago I posted a discussion topic regarding this update & the issues it caused my system. I had rolled back the update but while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EnsignEpic, Jan 16, 2021.

1. KB459824 Introduces Issues with 2 Windows System Processes, Causing Massive Instability

Hello there, a day ago I posted a discussion topic regarding this update & the issues it caused my system. I had rolled back the update but while trying to get into Safe Mode, it forced its way back in. This boot, however, appeared completely regular. All programs loaded up as fast as they normally do with no interrupts to be seen. And then Windows froze, eventually resolving into a blue screen for DPC Watchdog Violation. After this, the system started misbehaving as it had been. I was finally able to boot into Safe Mode, so I ran a utility that reads dump files to try and figure out what broke where. The minidump is pointing at intelppm.sys, whereas the MEMORY dump is pointing at netio.sys, as the likely culprits. Basically it looks like there's some sort of major malfunction with how Windows is communicating with the processor, and that's reflected by significantly higher than average idle CPU usage talking 30%+ vs appx 10%, as well as the Interrupts process rising as the CPU activity rises. Issue is, these appear to be core Windows files and I am very wary about moving forward before I get some advice on what's happened and how to proceed. I have both logs on hand & ready to post when requested. I am unable to perform a System Restore as there do not appear to be any restore points on my system which should not be the case but whatever. Would this be something that may be resolved by a System Repair?

System Specs: Intel i9900 processor, MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE MoBo, MSI Geforce 2080 Seahawk EKX gfx. Windows 10 Home 20H2, OS build 19042.746. It's installed on a 1TB Seagate Barracuda M.2 SSD, and there is another 8TB HDD for file storage. Will provide more specs at request.

:)

EnsignEpic, Jan 16, 2021

2. WU IDT driver causes massive memory leak on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

• Have you tried any troubleshooting steps, to fix this issue?

• Were there any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

• Do you receive any error code or error message?

Please follow these steps, mentioned below to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check, if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check, if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article and check, if it helps.

Windows Startup Settings (including safe mode).

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link
    to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Please let us know if the issue got resolved or you need any further assistance.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Rohit_R Win User
    Windows Management Instrumentation - causing massive freeze, stutter & system overall slowdown.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue occurs due to too many background processes running on the computer. We need to narrow down the specific process by which the system is facing performance issue.

Follow the steps and check if that helps:

Method 1: Check the process in Event Viewer.

1. Type
    Event Viewer in Windows search bar and press Enter.

2. On the
    View menu, click Show Analytic and Debug Logs.

3. Go to
    Applications and Service Logs>Microsoft>Windows>WMI-Activity>Operational.

4. Check the errors on right panel. In
    General tab, check ClientProcessID.

Now, Open Task Manager and click on Service tab. You will be able to get the process that is causing the WMI to reduce system performance on the computer.

You can uninstall the application or disable that service.

To improve system performance, I would also suggest you to refer the article:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Note: Perform all the suggestions except Reset your PC.

Please get back to us with the results.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Justdave Win User

KB459824 Introduces Issues with 2 Windows System Processes, Causing Massive Instability

Massive ping problem and instability

Access Denied, Your answer to Clint fixed my problem that I have been dealing with for days, now. Although my problem was a bit different, it was similar enough to make the changes in services.msc that you suggested. My problem solved. I should have come to tenforums first!. Thanks

Justdave, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

KB459824 Introduces Issues with 2 Windows System Processes, Causing Massive Instability

1. KB459824 Introduces Issues with 2 Windows System Processes, Causing Massive Instability - Similar Threads - KB459824 Introduces Issues

2. 02/02/2024 - Recent Windows Update has Caused System Instability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    02/02/2024 - Recent Windows Update has Caused System Instability: My pc has lost a lot of its usability after the recent updates and I have not seen much word raised about this so I am doing it now.Hardware:Strix z790-e Wifi I Version 1801, most recent bios versionRTX 4090i9 14900k32GB DDR5 @5600 Mt/s XMPSince the recent updates, a lot of...
  3. Windows 11, 2H22 System Instability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, 2H22 System Instability: Hello,Its been 4-6 months since i bought my new laptop which is Asus tuf f15 I5-10th genSpecifications :8 GB RAMIntel I5-10300H @ 2.5 GHzWindows 11 Supported preinstalledNvidia GTX 1650512 GB SSD64 Bit ArchitectureMy agony started when i recently updated it to Windows 11,...
  4. Windows 11, 2H22 System Instability

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, 2H22 System Instability: Hello,Its been 4-6 months since i bought my new laptop which is Asus tuf f15 I5-10th genSpecifications :8 GB RAMIntel I5-10300H @ 2.5 GHzWindows 11 Supported preinstalledNvidia GTX 1650512 GB SSD64 Bit ArchitectureMy agony started when i recently updated it to Windows 11,...
  5. System crashes and Instability with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crashes and Instability with Windows 10: My system crashes i thnk randomly after i changed something in the bios regarding RAM Clock and CPU Virtualiziation. After setting it back to it's defaults the crashes are still there eventhough i didn't have problems before.I also started to get BSOD's...
  6. System crashes and Instability with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crashes and Instability with Windows 10: My system crashes i thnk randomly after i changed something in the bios regarding RAM Clock and CPU Virtualiziation. After setting it back to it's defaults the crashes are still there eventhough i didn't have problems before.I also started to get BSOD's...
  7. Does a small RAM OC can cause system instability?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does a small RAM OC can cause system instability?: Hello, everyone After a couple of months I figure out that I was setting the wrong clock to my ram. I always thought that the clock was supposed to be set as 3200mhz but turns out it was 3000mhz. I've been experiencing lots and lots of crashing, windows rebooting ramdomly...
  8. System instability on cold boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System instability on cold boot: This issue has been happening on my new laptop. I updated my nvidia graphics and windows as soon as I got it but the issue persists. I even did a fresh reinstall of windows to no avail. Every time I power on the PC from overnight shut off state I get random driver failures...
  9. Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 1809 update causing SERIOUS instability!: An expensive, very, custom ASUS running PERFECTLY for 18 months now, in spite of Microsoft force-feeding 'feature' updates into it (has nobody at Microsoft ever entertained the idea that some of us could not care any less about having new 'features'?). That was until the...
  10. NVIDIA Driver causes system instability and BSOD in Lenovo Y510P

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVIDIA Driver causes system instability and BSOD in Lenovo Y510P: I am currently running the 358.50 version of GeForce drivers, however there are newer ones available (361.43). For some reason when I tried updating, my system got really unstable and eventually blue screened with KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. When I rebooted it was fine,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB459824 20h2