Windows 10: KB4601380 Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode with Power Plan

Discus and support KB4601380 Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode with Power Plan in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1411 Hi All For the past couple of weeks, my PC has stopped going into Sleep Mode by itself. It works if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dumfy, Mar 7, 2021.

1. dumfy Win User

KB4601380 Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode with Power Plan

Windows 10 Pro
    Version 1909
    OS Build 18363.1411

Hi All
    For the past couple of weeks, my PC has stopped going into Sleep Mode by itself. It works if I manually put it to sleep, but not if I rely on my Power Plan and am away from the PC for a while. I've changed nothing in the plan or settings that could make this happen.

I've back tracked on anything new that I have installed or done recently - there wasn't much.

What I have found is that the issue occurs when a particular Windows Update - namely KB4601380 - has been installed.

When I uninstalled this update, everything returned to normal and Sleep Mode worked as it should. Then Windows redid the same update automatically and the problem returned. I again uninstalled this update and paused Updates for a week. No more Sleep issues again. Of course, once Updates were unpaused, along came KB4601380, bringing with it the original problem.

So my questions are . .
    1) Is this an important update and do I really need it?
    2) If not important, how do I prevent Windows Update from continually downloading and installing the update. I've used Microsoft's wushowhide utility to no avail. but may be doing something wrong?
    3) If it is important, what can I try to cure the issue it's giving me?

With many thanks and best wishes

:)

dumfy, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

KB4601380 Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode with Power Plan

1. KB4601380 Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode with Power Plan - Similar Threads - KB4601380 Preventing Going

2. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  3. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode: Hello, as per title, gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode. Niether timed, neither enforced via console sleep works.I have three gamepads at my disposal, different brands, neither of them use any special software; and all three of them cause this problem. This issue...
  4. Gamepad prevents monitor to go to sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Power Mode vs power plan in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power Mode vs power plan in Windows 11: Hi,I'm using windows 11 and I'm enjoying it so far. There is however one thing that's confusing me and that's the 2 different options to change power configurations in the settings menu and the control panel. At first, i thought they both controls the same thing, but after a...
  6. Changing power plans on the go

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing power plans on the go: [ATTACH] I recently found out I can use power plans. I have a custom high performance plan. Is there any way I can make my laptop switch from High Performance to Balanced when unplugged, and back to High Performance when plugged in again?...
  7. Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1411 Hi All For the past couple of weeks, my PC has stopped going into Sleep Mode by itself. It works if I manually put it to sleep, but not if I rely on my Power Plan and am away from the PC for a while. I've changed nothing in...
  8. Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Update Preventing Windows Going into Sleep Mode: Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 OS Build 18363.1411 Hi All For the past couple of weeks, my PC has stopped going into Sleep Mode by itself. It works if I manually put it to sleep, but not if I rely on my Power Plan and am away from the PC for a while. I've changed nothing in...
  9. is there an equivalent of caffeine for windows to prevent sleep? the power plan settings...

is there an equivalent of caffeine for windows to prevent sleep? the power plan settings...: submitted by /u/Remote-Local [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fla55k/is_there_an_equivalent_of_caffeine_for_windows_to/
  10. Prevent Windows from changing power plan/sleep options/fast start-up?

Prevent Windows from changing power plan/sleep options/fast start-up?: Hallo! Windows 10 (Build 18363) keeps resetting several settings after each logout/reboot. In the new Settings interface: Sleep: set to "Never", keeps resetting to 30 minutes Power mode: set to "Best performance", keeps resetting to "Better performance" In the Power...