Windows 10: KB50000802 keeps reinstalling

Discus and support KB50000802 keeps reinstalling in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro 2004 Said update is causing BSODs across the company. Started uninstalling update on Thursday this past week. Friday, reports of same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bubbagoldstein, Mar 15, 2021.

1. KB50000802 keeps reinstalling

Windows 10 Pro 2004

Said update is causing BSODs across the company. Started uninstalling update on Thursday this past week. Friday, reports of same issues from clients. Uninstalled update again. This time I downloaded and ran the Show or Hide Update tool from Microsoft in order to block it from installing again. This morning, guess what? Yep, the update is back, being installed yesterday.
    From what I read doing research on this, Microsoft supposedly pulled this update.
    Why does it keep on installing? How can I block it?

:)

bubbagoldstein, Mar 15, 2021
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! KB50000802 keeps reinstalling :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Mar 15, 2021
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond KB50000802 keeps reinstalling :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 15, 2021
  4. KB50000802 keeps reinstalling

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

KB50000802 keeps reinstalling

1. KB50000802 keeps reinstalling - Similar Threads - KB50000802 keeps reinstalling

2. KB5000802 keeps reinstalling

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB5000802 keeps reinstalling: Windows 10 Pro 2004 Said update is causing BSODs across the company. Started uninstalling update on Thursday this past week. Friday, reports of same issues from clients. Uninstalled update again. This time I downloaded and ran the Show or Hide Update tool from Microsoft in...
  3. KB50000802 keeps reinstalling

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB50000802 keeps reinstalling: I manage a little over 30 desktops. All of these desktops had issues blue screening after the KB80000802 update. Last week Thursday I uninstalled the update to fix the problem. On Friday, the update reinstalled. Uninstalled again. This time I used the Show or Hide Updates...
  4. Nahimic companion, keeps reinstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Nahimic companion, keeps reinstalling: Some days ago I got a popup, about if I agree with the terms of nahimic companion. I looked and saw it was installed on my pc, I never installed it. I tried to remove it, but it keeps getting back. I don't use it, and I don't want it. Any idea how to remove or that is...
  5. Windows reinstallation (keeping originality)

Windows reinstallation (keeping originality): Hey there community, I have an dell G3 laptop with windows 10 installed For now i know for sure that my windows is corrupted as many of its features are malfunctioning. I have tried dism and sfc and both end up with errors and are not able to complete there process. Also...
  6. Office Updates keep reinstalling

Office Updates keep reinstalling: Office Updates (only) keep reinstalling although they are successfully installed in the first place. My system is windows 10 1809 (17763.174). Any ideas welcomed. Panos...
  7. Store apps keep reinstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Store apps keep reinstalling: I am pretty sure I uninstalled most of the store apps after installation some months ago, and have gotten a notification about some nonsense album being created for me few minutes ago. Upon some inspection I realized most if not all of that garbage somehow got reinstalled,...
  8. Store apps keep reinstalling

in Windows 10 Support
    Store apps keep reinstalling: I am pretty sure I uninstalled most of the store apps after installation some months ago, and have gotten a notification about some nonsense album being created for me few minutes ago. Upon some inspection I realized most if not all of that garbage somehow got reinstalled,...
  9. Update 1803 keeps reinstalling

Update 1803 keeps reinstalling: After the usual problems getting the Windows 10 version 1803 to install, now it won't quit. My computer has installed ver. 1803 three times in the past month. How can I make it stop?...
  10. Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?: Hi guys, I'm having an incredibly frustrating problem with my Windows 10 laptop. The laptop in question is a Clevo P650SE with the i7-4720HQ and GTX 970M. I reinstalled Windows last week and now i can't get rid of this damn Realtek driver. Whenever i uninstall the Realtek...