Windows 10: KB5001330 is now causing trouble for more Windows 10 users

Discus and support KB5001330 is now causing trouble for more Windows 10 users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; It looks like the upgrade woes are far from over with the new KB5001330 cumulative update. According to new reports, Windows 10 KB5001330 update is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Apr 21, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

KB5001330 is now causing trouble for more Windows 10 users

It looks like the upgrade woes are far from over with the new KB5001330 cumulative update. According to new reports, Windows 10 KB5001330 update is throwing up some odd error messages when the device is connected to Windows Mixed Reality headsets and it’s also troubling enterprise customers with DNS issues.

Initially, it was believed that the KB5001330 update is only plagued with gaming and a temporary user profile bug. Users have now told us that they cannot get the update when their devices are connected to the Windows Mixed Reality headset. In fact, KB5001330 is known to cause the issue despite Microsoft stating it was a one-off issue in March updates.

“The quick answer to what happened is that when we released an update to the Feature on Demand (FOD) for WMR, it hit a bug that could leave Windows Update in a bad state. The fix so that it doesn’t get into a bad state is in KB5000802,” the company stated last month.

KB5001330 cumulative update (April 2021) replaces KB5000802 (March 2021) and it was supposed to address the installation issues. Unfortunately, it seems that this month’s patch is also plagued with the same problem.

According to Microsoft, this could happen when Windows Update is stuck in a bad state after the last update. In some cases, removing the feature on demand (FOD) for HoloLens or Mixed Reality will allow you to install the update.

KB5001330 fails with 0x8007000d

If KB5001330 fails to install with 0x8007000d error, you can try these workarounds:

• Unplug your headset (if you’ve one) and run this command in elevated Command Prompt.
      dism /online /remove-capability /capabilityname:Analog.Holographic.Desktop~~~~0.0.1.0
    • Restart the system.
    • Check for updates.

People without mixed reality headsets have also encountered errors and crashes with April 2021 cumulative update. Others have reported that the update takes a long time to install and ultimately fails with unhelpful error messages.

DNS and shared folder issues for enterprise customers

The update also seems to cause trouble for those who managed to install it. For example, enterprise customers are reporting problems when attempting to access a shared folder in their network.

According to Dentrix, a change made in the latest cumulative update could result in DNS and shared folder issues when “Link Layer Multi-cast Name Resolution” (LLMNR) group policy is manually disabled by users.

Link Layer Multicast Name Resolution (LLMNR) policy is typically enabled by default in all Windows 10 installations, but some users have it disabled manually to improve network quality.

“After working with Microsoft, we believe that we have found a solution that allows you to keep the critical Microsoft Security Update installed,” Dentrix noted.

To address potential DNS and shared folder issues, users need to re-enable the group policy or wait for the next cumulative update.

The post KB5001330 is now causing trouble for more Windows 10 users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Apr 21, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 21, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. KB5001330 is now causing trouble for more Windows 10 users - Similar Threads - KB5001330 causing trouble

2. Update KB5001330 is causing too many issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update KB5001330 is causing too many issues: Hi,The windows security roll up update KB 5001330 is causing too many FPS drops and crashes across a lot of games and softwares I have been using. I am unable to uninstall it using DISM and WUSA, and dism list packages says it is 'pending install' so neither does it install...
  3. KB5001330

KB5001330: when install this updateKB5001330 system automatically rollback due to crash issue this causes low space in c drive please fix this update ,I am fed up with blue and black screen after restart...
  4. Windows 10: The 64-bit version of OneDrive is now available for more users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: The 64-bit version of OneDrive is now available for more users: In April, Microsoft confirmed its plan to give the OneDrive program the 64-bit treatment to improve the overall experience on Windows 10. As per a message posted on the admin center, OneDrive 64-bit general availability was delayed until the mid of April and the rollout is...
  5. KB5001330 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop

KB5001330 Update Causing HAVOC on my AMD Desktop: Hi all, I recently purchased an AMD computer, which has been working fine for a couple of weeks. I got the updates through and thought it wouldn't hurt to update security settings etc..I also had the cumulative updates to install..in particular KB5001330 for x64 based...
  6. KB5001330 Causing Gaming issues.

KB5001330 Causing Gaming issues.: I am one of the many affected with this new update, for 2 days now I cannot play Halo the master chief collection due to intense FPS drops and frame shuttering, from what I know I'm not the only one having this issue others have reported on reddit that they can't play certain...
  7. Windows 10’s new meeting feature is now live for more users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s new meeting feature is now live for more users: With the rise of free video conferencing tools, Microsoft is increasingly pushing Skype’s Meet Now feature across its products. The Insider preview builds recently added the Zoom-killer feature to the taskbar and the same Meet now experience is now rolling out to everyone...
  8. More trouble with magnifier.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More trouble with magnifier.: I can only type with one hand. Therefore I have to use Sticky Keys. To turn the Magnifier off: I hit Shift & Win esc. This works fine and I have been using it for sometime. On my keyboard the + is an upper case =. So to turn on the Magnifier I must hit Shift Win & Shift & =....
  9. Windows 10 May 2019 Update is now available for more users

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 May 2019 Update is now available for more users: The debut of Windows 10 May 2019 Update marks the launch of exciting features like Sandbox and nifty performance improvements. In late May 2019, Microsoft released the Windows 10 feature update to a limited number of devices and after determining the feedback, the software...
  10. More trouble at the Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More trouble at the Store: (Yet again) I am having trouble with the Store. There are two main issues (1) many Apps will not install --- downloading starts but before completion it stops with ERROR, and repeat attempts also fail. The last time I had this, I had more than 20 Apps queuing, some new and...