Windows 10: KB5001330 -> ? usb disconnect

Discus and support KB5001330 -> ? usb disconnect in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm wondering if this update is causing an intermittent loss of USB connectivity on my system. Specs: Windows 10 pro version 20H2 build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by justWaving, Apr 22, 2021.

1. KB5001330 -> ? usb disconnect

Hi,

I'm wondering if this update is causing an intermittent loss of USB connectivity on my system.

Specs: Windows 10 pro version 20H2 build 19042.906, R9 5900x, Asus x570e, bios 1803, INNO3D GEFORCE RTX 3090 ICHILL X4
    G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32GB 2x16GB 3600MHz CL16 DDR4, Samsung ssd, 850 pro 512 GB, ASUS Tuf gaming kb / mouse combo.

The symptom first re-appeared * following installation of the update.

It disappears when I uninstall the update, but unfortunately the update keeps re-installing itself and the symptom reappears.

*My system previously had a similar problem with usb connectivity disconnects solved by a bios update.

Seeking:

1. confirmation / dis-confirmation that this update is the cause of the symptom +/- identification of alternative cause;

2. advice re possibility of blocking the above update.

Thanks

:)

justWaving, Apr 22, 2021

2. usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Apr 22, 2021
  3. topgundcp Win User
    topgundcp, Apr 22, 2021
  4. KB5001330 -> ? usb disconnect

Windows 10 1511 USB 3.0 thumb drive disconnect/reconnect when copy files

Hi Red,

Thank you for the update.

To add more clarity in the last suggestions, I would suggest you to reinstall the USB controller drivers and check if it helps in fixing the issue.

Disconnect any USB devices attached to the system (except mouse and keyboard) and remove the USB controllers. Reinstall the controller drivers and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the following steps:

• Press Windows key+ X, click Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    • Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

KB5001330 -> ? usb disconnect

1. KB5001330 -> ? usb disconnect - Similar Threads - KB5001330 usb disconnect

2. usb disconnects constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb disconnects constantly: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  3. usb disconnects constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb disconnects constantly: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  4. USB Drive Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive Disconnecting: Hello.Whenever I plug in my USB Drive it doesn't appear in File Explorer, and it keeps playing the disconnecting sound.Can someone help?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-drive-disconnecting/e426688c-10e3-4dce-9a2c-c99841dcbedf
  5. KB5001330

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5001330: when install this updateKB5001330 system automatically rollback due to crash issue this causes low space in c drive please fix this update ,I am fed up with blue and black screen after restart...
  6. Update KB5001330 stopped USB headset working migration issue.

Update KB5001330 stopped USB headset working migration issue.: I have a Plantronics BTM300 USB Headset which has stopped working following the KB5001330 update in mid-April. After uninstalling the updated it worked again. Is there a permanent fix for this in the next update?Thanks,...
  7. About the KB5001330 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About the KB5001330 update: I heard this update was causing issues with gaming because I also started to have problems around the time when this update came out. Things such as lag/ stutters while I'm gaming and even while I'm just browsing the web. My drivers have all been updated and I also tried...
  8. KB5001330 update

KB5001330 update: Hello sir/ma'm , The latest update KB5001330 dropped FPS on lot of games that I was playing and I cannot seems to be able to uninstall it , I tried to uninstall from couple ways , advanced restart options, settings and control panel , command prompt on administrator mode ,...
  9. Fix for KB5001330

Fix for KB5001330: The update KB5001330 is crashing my desktop. Is there another patch or update that will fix the bugs in KB5001330? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-for-kb5001330/daf63e9f-6054-434e-94b0-3db15dc7e94d
  10. Fix for KB5001330

Fix for KB5001330: Does Microsoft have a patch or a fix for KB5001330? There are problems with this patch that can cause the computer to blue screen. Your help is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-for-kb5001330/430db4e8-9e67-48d8-918c-36a3a2fb94b2